Kaplan Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jun 11, 2017

57 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Data Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Kaplan (New York, NY) in April 2017.

Interview

the interview went smoothly, i met with two people who asked similar questions about education, work experience and skills. They focused mostly on my ability to the job and my past experiences and how i can use it to help them

Interview Questions

• How can you apply the skills you acquired in the past to this job?   Answer Question

SAT Tutor Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Kaplan in January 2017.

Interview

I applied online and received a response the next day in a generic email explaining the interview process and that they are interested in screening me. The first part of the screening begins with filming a 4 minute video presentation of yourself teaching how to solve an SAT problem among several options that they give you. I have not made it further than that. Others have described the full experience in greater detail, I am just reporting that my experience was consistent.

MCAT Instructor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pittsburgh, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Kaplan (Pittsburgh, PA) in January 2017.

Interview

Filled out an application first, then was contacted to complete an audition, which consisted of sending in a 4 minute video teaching two preprepared questions. Next, there was a technical interview approximately 1 hour long which also consisted of teaching four questions (given ahead of time). Last there was an interview with the hiring manager.

HEA Advisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Kaplan (Houston, TX) in November 2016.

Interview

It was pretty straightforward. My interviewer started by asking me what I knew about Kaplan. He told me more about the company and how it's more than just test prep. He told me about the position. Asked me about my experiences, why I wanted the job and what skills I had that would prepare for the job. Asked why I wanted the position. We had a good conversation that lasted about an hour. He asked for references he could call and said he would contact me.

Interview Questions

• Do you feel comfortable working with primarily international students?   Answer Question

International Educational Sales Adviser Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Kaplan (Boston, MA) in September 2016.

Interview

I got an email after 2 weeks of waiting. Their Human Resources Generalist wrote to me saying that he wants to follow up with me and schedule a talk through phone.

Interview Questions

• Can you tell me about yourself?   Answer Question
    • what's the most difficult situation you have encountered in your current work.   Answer Question
    • Do you have any question about Kaplan?   1 Answer

NCLEX Teacher Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Kaplan (Atlanta, GA) in September 2016.

Interview

Very quick and to the point. An audition was scheduled in advanced. I sat down to the interview and was not told Foxfire was the best way to do this online process . I was stressed when I started, but we worked it out.
    You can not teach a mock class online with one person. It feels all wrong, I was very prepared and i did not get hired.

Interview Questions

• I needed to teach a "mock class". Fifteen minutes is a long time, with no interaction from the one class member.   1 Answer

Student Ambassador Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Davis, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Kaplan (Davis, CA) in May 2016.

Interview

3 stage Interview process with
    1) Personal Recording
    2) Phone
    3) Skype

The interviewers were very timely, polite, and professional. Overall I thought the interview experience was great. Even though I wasn't offered the position, I thought it was a great experience!

MCAT Instructor Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Kaplan in April 2016.

Interview

After I applied, I was contacted to record the Kaplan Audition online. While I was recording, I was having many technical difficulties.Several times, the connection would fail while I was recording. Once I finished recording the audition, but when I went to submit, the website said that I would have to rerecord my answer. I ended submitting incomplete responses, so I contacted the recruiter and they allowed me to try to record the audition again.

Part Time Teacher Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Denver, CO

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Kaplan (Denver, CO) in March 2016.

Interview

After emailing over your resume and letter of interest I got a call to briefly talk about the position and why I might be interested. They ask you to come in an teach a subject of your choosing for 3-5 minutes. You do this in a group setting so they ask you block off enough time to stay for all presentations. If you pass to the next step they give you some material of theirs to cover. They ask you present for 45 minutes, again in a group setting and waiting for everyone else to teach as well. I felt they set us up a little to fail on this part. They said we needed to prepare to cover the material they gave us in 45 minutes, and when I was just going thought the slides it was taking me a little over an hour to get through them, so of course, I thought I just needed to stick to exactly what they said and not elaborate at all, when come to find out, they usually take 3 hours to cover the material so there is time for elaboration. They passed me on to the third stop which was an IQ/ personality test on the computer. In total, I probably have right around 11-12 hours invested in the interview process (including preparing presentations, reading all material, being at the interviews, picking up materials) which is just way too much time if you don't intend to hire someone. It is also very frustrating that they never discuss what the pay will be. The whole process took a little over a month. If you are hired you have to sit through classes (like a student) prior to teaching anything. The initial interview I had scheduled had to be moved also, which is frustrating for people who are currently employed. The process was also very different from what we first told would happen (that the second part of the interview would be us watching an instructor cover the material and then coming back later and trying to cover the material in the same way).

Interview Questions

• They honestly don't ask a lot of questions. After I taught the longer portion they asked if I would do it differently knowing there was more that 3x the amount of time to cover the material than what I was given.   1 Answer

Communications Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Kaplan.

Interview

HR rep in Chicago was late for the first phone interview, and seemed scattered. Hiring manager in Florida had an attitude and asked too many personal questions during the next phone interview, which seemed to bias my standing as a candidate because it didn't match up to his personal hobbies (looking for a golf buddy). This made it an uncomfortable interview - some people should not be allowed to be an interviewer. HR rep sent me an email a month later saying that they weren't moving forward with me, and she would call me the next day to discuss. And of course, didn't. Kaplan and its industry has such a bad reputation, so I guess that this interview behavior is par for the course.