Kaplan Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jun 11, 2017

2.8

SAT Instructor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Honolulu, HI

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Kaplan (Honolulu, HI) in September 2016.

Interview

Applied online. Then recorded a four-minute presentation of an example SAT problem. After passing that portion, set up a skype interview where I had to present two more SAT problems with the interviewer pretending to be a student. Then, he asked me a few typical interview questions. After passing that part, I had a second skype interview with the regional manager who asked some standard interview questions.

Interview Questions

• What would you do if you had a student who didn't want to learn?   Answer Question
    • What would you do if I parent wanted to guarantee their child got a certain score?   Answer Question
    • Why do you want to work for Kaplan?   Answer Question
    • If the SAT was a person, what kind of personality would they have?   Answer Question

LSAT Instructor Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Kaplan (New York, NY) in September 2016.

Interview

I applied online and was asked to record an "audition" where I taught a test problem. I completed a Skype interview about a week later, where I had to "teach" two questions to the interviewer, as well as answering some more typical interview questions about my experience and work styles. The third and final interview, also Skype, was with a local manager, who asked me some questions about teaching.

Interview Questions

• What are some challenges you expect to encounter as a teacher?   Answer Question

NCLEX Teacher Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Kaplan (Atlanta, GA) in September 2016.

Interview

Very quick and to the point. An audition was scheduled in advanced. I sat down to the interview and was not told Foxfire was the best way to do this online process . I was stressed when I started, but we worked it out.
    You can not teach a mock class online with one person. It feels all wrong, I was very prepared and i did not get hired.

Interview Questions

• I needed to teach a "mock class". Fifteen minutes is a long time, with no interaction from the one class member.   1 Answer

Kcc Interview

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Kaplan (Atlanta, GA) in September 2016.

Interview

The interview process was very extensive for a low impact job. The interview was two processes. The first was a recorded interview. It have you time to practice but recording my self gave me more anxiety than being in person.

LSAT Instructor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Cleveland, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Kaplan (Cleveland, OH) in August 2016.

Interview

After submitting a resume and an application online, I was contacted to record an audition. In this part of the process, I had to record myself teaching LSAT concept questions. Then, a few days later I was contacted for a video interview. Here I was matched with a Kaplan LSAT instructor and had to teach 3 questions. The interviewer pretended to be a student and would offer challenges and raise questions. He also asked me some general questions about teaching experienced and teaching scenarios during this interview. A week after, I was contacted to do a final virtual interview. I have yet to complete this part.

Interview Questions

• What would you do/say to a student if your student does not see any progress in their score   Answer Question

Client Satisfaction Manager Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Kaplan in June 2016.

Interview

The first interview was by phone with one of the company recruiters. It was very conversational with the recruiter providing the history of the company and reason for the opening. He was able to provide answers to most of my questions and scheduled an in person interview before the call ended. My second interview was at the office with the supervisor. The executive director joined us via telephone.

Interview Questions

• During the phone interview I was asked to give an overview of my employment history with information that was not included on my resume.   1 Answer
    • I was asked to provide an example of a project that I successfully managed with the steps that were taken.   Answer Question

The salary was less than I thought they had disclosed to me during the phone interview.

MCAT Instructor Interview

Anonymous Employee in College Station, TX

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Kaplan (College Station, TX) in May 2016.

Interview

Not too bad. Very drawn out. Not very clear on the entire process. Three interviews. The interview was based mostly online.m, but after the initial audition, the second interview wasn't bad. Overall, the interview process isn't too complicated, but it is very long. The first interview was an audition that I recorded, the second was an hour long technical and the third will be with a manager.

Interview Questions

• Teach some sample questions   1 Answer

Student Ambassador Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Davis, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Kaplan (Davis, CA) in May 2016.

Interview

3 stage Interview process with
    1) Personal Recording
    2) Phone
    3) Skype

The interviewers were very timely, polite, and professional. Overall I thought the interview experience was great. Even though I wasn't offered the position, I thought it was a great experience!

Campus Representative Interview

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Kaplan.

Interview

Phone interview and then one interview in person. I was recommended by a friend so I emailed the person in charge and then she set up a phone interview with me which was really brief and informal- mostly just set up a time for me to come in. Then I had an in person interview that covered why I wanted the position and why I would be good for the position on campus. I talked about having a big network and being really involved on campus, thus I coudl connect with a lot of people.

Interview Questions

• Why are you interested in this position   1 Answer

Student Finance Supervisor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Kaplan (Dallas, TX).

Interview

Got an email to set up an interview the next day after applying to the position. Interview process was with a group panel of employees who will work closely with the position and Campus President.

Interview Questions

• How would you deal with someone in your dept who applied for the same position?   Answer Question