Kaplan MCAT Instructor Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Apr 2, 2017

3.5

5 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Employee in Minneapolis, MN

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Kaplan (Minneapolis, MN) in March 2017.

Interview

Step 1 was an application that included submitting proof of MCAT score in at least 90th percentile. I was then invited to submit an audition video. This consisted of teaching a topic for 2 mins and then teaching a related practice problem for 2 mins. I step 3 was an interview with a veteran teacher that consisted of teaching him/her a couple practice problems and answering questions about how to handle certain scenarios in class. Step 4 was an interview with a local manager which mostly involved learning more about what it would actually look like to work for Kaplan.

Interview Questions

• How to solve this problem? How to handle this situation?   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Kaplan

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pittsburgh, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Kaplan (Pittsburgh, PA) in January 2017.

Interview

Filled out an application first, then was contacted to complete an audition, which consisted of sending in a 4 minute video teaching two preprepared questions. Next, there was a technical interview approximately 1 hour long which also consisted of teaching four questions (given ahead of time). Last there was an interview with the hiring manager.

Anonymous Employee in College Station, TX

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Kaplan (College Station, TX) in May 2016.

Interview

Not too bad. Very drawn out. Not very clear on the entire process. Three interviews. The interview was based mostly online.m, but after the initial audition, the second interview wasn't bad. Overall, the interview process isn't too complicated, but it is very long. The first interview was an audition that I recorded, the second was an hour long technical and the third will be with a manager.

Interview Questions

• Teach some sample questions   1 Answer

MCAT Instructor Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Kaplan in April 2016.

Interview

After I applied, I was contacted to record the Kaplan Audition online. While I was recording, I was having many technical difficulties.Several times, the connection would fail while I was recording. Once I finished recording the audition, but when I went to submit, the website said that I would have to rerecord my answer. I ended submitting incomplete responses, so I contacted the recruiter and they allowed me to try to record the audition again.

Anonymous Employee in Baltimore, MD

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Kaplan (Baltimore, MD).

Interview

Hiring process consists of online audition where you "teach" a sample question, followed by a one on one interview. The interview is less than half an hour and consists of two parts, asking questions and explaining aspects of the job and training. Very friendly and engaging conversation. The interviewer had plenty of experience with Kaplan and it was easy to see his own passion for working with the company.

Interview Questions

• What did you think of your audition?   1 Answer
    • What do you expect to get out of teaching and what do you foresee to be the biggest challenge of teaching?   1 Answer