Kaplan Interview Questions in New York City, NY | Glassdoor

2.7

23 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

LSAT Instructor Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Kaplan (New York, NY) in August 2017.

Interview

First round was submitting an "audition" explaining a test problem, then a technical interview where you teach more questions, then an interview with the local manager you would report to. Went really quick, fast to get the ball rolling.

ESL Teacher Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Interview

Reached out by mail and got an interview and job within a few weeks. It was fairly easy if you are an experienced ESL teacher. You will be doing your lesson presentation in front of the other people applying for teaching positions.

Interview Questions

• Get ready to hold a lesson and to field questions about the grammar point you are using.   1 Answer

Academic Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Kaplan (New York, NY).

Interview

I met with the Director in person, then spoke with the GM over the phone. The first interview was long- about 1.5 hrs and the phone interview was short and quick. I was encouraged to apply later in the season for the position and was offered a teaching position until then. I declined.

Interview Questions

• It was basic- if you want to title and want to work in a school of this type you should do fine. Many of my questions were about my interest in ESL and experience living abroad.   Answer Question

Data Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Kaplan (New York, NY) in April 2017.

Interview

the interview went smoothly, i met with two people who asked similar questions about education, work experience and skills. They focused mostly on my ability to the job and my past experiences and how i can use it to help them

Interview Questions

• How can you apply the skills you acquired in the past to this job?   Answer Question

Instructor Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Kaplan (New York, NY).

Interview

I had a series of three interviews and an immediate offer at the end of it.
    1. "Audition" interview - recording yourself teaching a few GMAT questions
    2. Skype interview - with a regional faculty instructor; you have to demonstrate how you'd teach a class + usual HR questions
    3. Skype interview #2 - with a regional faculty manager; several HR questions

Interview Questions

• How would you motivate a student who's frustrated with his/her progress in your class?   Answer Question

Government Relations Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Interview

one interview. Pretty easy. It was my current boss and the women whose position I was taking over. Very friendly and professional. Probably took a total of 20 minutes. Normal questions like where do you see yourself, what is your prior experience, how does Kaplan fit into your plans, do you have any questions.

ESL Instructor Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Kaplan (New York, NY) in September 2016.

Interview

2 observed classroom demos. Actual interview was very brief. Mostly just 2 demos. The first was in front of teachers and admin. The 2nd was in front of a classroom of about 14 students. 3 people were supposed to be interviewed, but only 2 showed up. You had to use an E Whiteboard without being told how, which is really the industry standard now. The lesson was supposed to be timed. 5 minutes for the first one and 10 minutes for the 2nd. Friendly people and nice classes.

LSAT Instructor Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Kaplan (New York, NY) in September 2016.

Interview

I applied online and was asked to record an "audition" where I taught a test problem. I completed a Skype interview about a week later, where I had to "teach" two questions to the interviewer, as well as answering some more typical interview questions about my experience and work styles. The third and final interview, also Skype, was with a local manager, who asked me some questions about teaching.

Interview Questions

• What are some challenges you expect to encounter as a teacher?   Answer Question

Esol Instructor Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Kaplan (New York, NY) in June 2016.

Interview

Online application was followed by a phone call inviting me to come in for a interview. The response time was very quick and all of the staff involved were very friendly and professional. I was invited to attend a group interview, during which I was asked to prep and present a 10 minute demo lesson based on a chapter in their curriculum book.

Interview Questions

• Please tell me about your experience with TEFL and ESOL.   Answer Question

Kaplan Student Advisor Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Kaplan (New York, NY).

Interview

They hire from within first. They are big on referrals from employees.
    Interview style Casual / Basic.
    Group interview style. Each person asked a question.
    They you had to do a demonstration (teach something, convince them on something,etc. ) - you choose the topic.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Non negotiable. It started at that rate and no wiggle room really.