Kaplan Professional Education Interview Questions | Glassdoor

2.5

Interviews for Top Jobs at Kaplan Professional Education

Esol Instructor Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Kaplan Professional Education (New York, NY) in June 2016.

Interview

Online application was followed by a phone call inviting me to come in for a interview. The response time was very quick and all of the staff involved were very friendly and professional. I was invited to attend a group interview, during which I was asked to prep and present a 10 minute demo lesson based on a chapter in their curriculum book.

Interview Questions

• Please tell me about your experience with TEFL and ESOL.   Answer Question

Customer Service Representative PT Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in La Crosse, WI

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Kaplan Professional Education (La Crosse, WI) in July 2014.

Interview

Back in 2011 I got a phone interview. Shortly there after the company rejected me. In 2014 I had gotten a phone interview again. This time I had gotten a call to come in for an on site interview. I was interviewed onsite by two supervisors (one was someone I went to high school with that wasn't too fond of me-red flag-). They asked the typical interview questions and we discussed my experience. A friend of mine who worked with me at a previous job who has worked at Kaplan now for over three years even sent an email to management on my behalf. However two days later I was sent a generic no reply email saying I was not being hired. A week after this I get a call from another HR person offering me the same job. I said I would be happy to go through the process again, but was honest about what happened a week ago. This person seemed perplexed by why I wasn't selected and said they were going to look into it and call me back. Well, I never received a call back, but another generic email saying now the position had been filled. Funny thing though is that even still today about a month later their PT CSR positions are still open.

Content Interview

Interview

3 interviews and background check

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Not much room

Web Developer Interview

Anonymous Employee in La Crosse, WI

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Kaplan Professional Education (La Crosse, WI) in May 2010.

Interview

I was interviewed by a team of people, first the manager, then a group of 2 or 3 guys who followed up with their own set of questions. After talking with them I was handed a very difficult written test - I was later told that I had a decent set of answers, in spite of incorrectly answering 40% of the questions. The questions were a bit text book, but after I was done I got to talk to the same 2-3 guys. I enjoyed that team interview phase, because there wasn't much of a lull at any point.

Interview Questions

• There was a question regarding memory collection in C, looking for a very specific answer.   1 Answer

Negotiation

I probably did not get as much as I would have liked, but I was in a situation where I was ready to move on.

Administration Interview

Anonymous Employee in Sydney (Australia)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Kaplan Professional Education (Sydney (Australia)) in February 2013.

Interview

Very quick, informative and easy. Had one on one with manager and HR, easy interview with generic questions. Wanted someone flexible and to start immediately - process took just 1 day, as I was offered role that afternoon and accepted, started 2 days later. Manager was very engaging, HR not so much. Interview only lasted about 15-20 minutes tops. Interview started on time, relaxed environment.