Cover image for Kaplan

Engaged Employer

Add an Interview

Kaplan SAT Teacher Interview Questions

Updated Apr 25, 2021

To filter interviews, or .
Found 15 of over 519 interviews

Campus Recruiting9%
2.4
HardAverageEasy

Kaplan

Application

I interviewed at Kaplan

Interview

Auditioned with a faux teaching lesson. Brief traditional interview. Was given a packet full of info on the company and on its teaching philosophy and approach. Overall pleasant experience at Kaplan.

Interview Questions
  • What is your teaching philosophy?
    Answer Question

Kaplan

Application

I interviewed at Kaplan

Interview

It was generally a few questions related to teaching, and then there were some behavioral ones. Overall the process was relatively straightforward. It was generally a few questions related to teaching, and then there were some behavioral ones. Overall the process was relatively straightforward

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

What people are saying about Kaplan

Join the conversation on
Join the conversation on

Kaplan

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Kaplan in Jan 2019

Interview

Very streamlined process. 1. Apply online. I was emailed to confirm that they received my test scores. 2. You submit an audition where you teach a few questions that are supplied beforehand. 3. You move onto a technical interview via Skype where you teach a "student" (Kaplan instructor) any of 4 questions that they supply beforehand. You are provided with feedback after the first question to incorporate into your teaching of the second. They also ask the standard interview questions. This session is recorded and sent to the branch manager for review, as well as feedback from the Kaplan instructor. At this point, I was cut from the process, but it sounds like you would be called by the manager for a final interview with them.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Kaplan

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Kaplan

Interview

Using Adobe and Skype,I had a group interview,where I had to present a topic to the other interviewees. It was a wonderful experience.This was back in 2012 and I was still an undergrad!

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Kaplan

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Kaplan in Mar 2018

Interview

It went great! i thought the interview would last much longer, but it only lasted 30 minutes. Would be better if they would be able to offer more than just minimum wage for teaching.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Kaplan

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Kaplan

Interview

If your test scores are high enough, you apply and get invited to an interview. The "interview" is you going up in front of the other candidates and giving a 5 minute "how to" lesson of your choice.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Kaplan (San Francisco, CA) in Jan 2015

Interview

First step is to record yourself (using a link emailed to you) teaching a sample problem. Within a couple of days they asked me to schedule a Skype interview. This was one on one and involved about an hour of teaching sample questions followed by a discussion of strengths and weaknesses and potential improvements. The next day I heard back about scheduling a phone interview with the local Faculty Manager. That interview took less than ten minutes and was mostly a discussion of the job, rather than a traditional interview. I received the offer about 30 minutes later.

Interview Questions
1 person found this interview helpful

Anonymous Employee in Brooklyn, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Kaplan (Brooklyn, NY) in Jul 2014

Interview

All paperwork and interviews will be done online. The whole process took me about a month before I started training. Initially, you will be required to submit a recorded video "audition" via Kaplan's hiring website. Next there will be a "technical interview," where you will be given a few prompts to choose from, and you will present one of them to a staff member via Skype. After presenting, the staff member will give you feedback, and you will be expected to try again, this time using their suggestions. Next you will have an official interview, also via Skype, as most employees work remotely (i.e. not in NYC). This is a more traditional interview, asking more personal questions and details about your background. Only after that can you expect to receive an offer letter.

Interview Questions
  • The most difficult question that I had to answer was simply why I was qualified to teach the SAT/ACT even though I'd never taught before.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Kaplan (Los Angeles, CA) in Jun 2014

Interview

These people are too full of themselves. This process is unnecessarily long. First, they have you teach two lessons and record it. (They are very simple, but it's a bit silly to do with any kind of visual aids with the math because it looks backwards in the camera). They contact you almost immediately,and the fun begins. They check your SAT scores, have you fill out mindless paperwork, and someone talks to you for about an hour. Then, you get passed along to someone else. I would say this person is higher up, but she certainly didn't look it to me. They asked to talk at 8pm or so, and the lady looked like she was about 70 and in her housecoat. She wasn't in a very professional location (her bedroom maybe) and wasted my time with inane chit chat that was not relevant to the position or even to building rapport. My guess was that she was trying to assess my level of commitment to family and other obligations and thinking she was a mind ninja (probably a lot of turnover, so they want to make sure you will stay and will be available). Then, she wants you to do a lesson with her (super fun having her pretend to be 14). After that, you do or do not get an offer.

Interview Questions
  • The questions were pretty boilerplate. Don't expect too many tricks.

Kaplan

Application

I interviewed at Kaplan

Interview

Round 1: Interviews are conducted online, through webchat with multiple other interviewees. You are given a choice of five questions to teach a few days before the meeting. You have a time limit of five minutes to teach the question -- it is important to remember this time limit! Round 2: One-on-one interview with a hiring manager. Standard interview questions.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful
Viewing 1 - 10 of 15 Interviews