Kaplan SAT Tutor Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Kaplan SAT Tutor Interview Questions

Updated Jan 11, 2017

2.7

SAT Tutor Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Kaplan in January 2017.

Interview

I applied online and received a response the next day in a generic email explaining the interview process and that they are interested in screening me. The first part of the screening begins with filming a 4 minute video presentation of yourself teaching how to solve an SAT problem among several options that they give you. I have not made it further than that. Others have described the full experience in greater detail, I am just reporting that my experience was consistent.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Kaplan

Anonymous Employee in Waltham, MA

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Kaplan (Waltham, MA) in July 2010.

Interview

very simple 5 minute presentation

Interview Questions

• what did you study in college   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Kaplan (New York, NY) in January 2007.

Interview

Although the hiring process required some skills tests and a presentation, it was was very laid back. I had to submit SAT test scores to the office. Also, before the interview I was asked to prepare a short 5-10 minute lesson. I had to conduct the short lesson in front of the hiring manager, she asked me a few questions about my teaching experience and that was about it. Overall it seems like they just want to see if you can handle the patience and responsibility necessary to teach high school students.

Interview Questions

• I do not recall any tough or abstract questions. The hiring manager just wanted to get a feel for my skills and aspirations. Expect questions like, Why do you want to work in the field of education?   Answer Question