Kaplan Student Advisor Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Sep 6, 2017

2.2

4 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Kaplan (Los Angeles, CA) in January 2013.

Interview

It was quick and got the job within a week. The currently updated the process so it will take longer to get hired. Mine took about a week but now it can take from two to three weeks

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Kaplan

Student Advisor Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Kaplan in May 2009.

Interview

I had an immediate e-mail response when I replied via Craigslist. The Center Manager asked to schedule a phone interview for the next day. The phone interview lasted about twenty minutes and the questions were fairly canned and scripted. At the end of it I was invited for a face-to-face interview to take place the following week.

The face-to-face interview was fairly bland, and they didn't ask very difficult questions. It was hard to elicit any kind of smile or friendliness out of the manager. The marketing coordinator also was there, and she brought a little life into the interview, but not much. They essentially laid out the job conditions and wanted to know if I was OK with them.

They waited a week to extend an offer to "interview other candidates."

Interview Questions

• How do you motivate yourself in challenging situations?   Answer Question

I did a lot of research on the company and decided I didn't care for their product enough to market it.

Anonymous Employee in Bloomington, IN

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Kaplan (Bloomington, IN) in September 2008.

Interview

The hiring process was pretty simple. Interviews are hard to come by however if you live in a college town because people will take the good jobs when they are freshman and won't leave from them until they graduate. It was one interview and I would say as long as you are friendly and look put together the job is yours.

Interview Questions

• What makes you a bad candidate for this position?   1 Answer

Student Advisor Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 days. I interviewed at Kaplan.

Interview

Sent application on Kaplan careers website. Received email to set up a 1-1 interview in the following week. The interviewer first introduced Kaplan company, this particular center, and duties of the position. Then asked questions based on resume and previous working experience. No situational question was asked. The interview lasted 15 min. It's my first job interview in long time, I was a little bit nervous and didn't fully show my qualities.