Cover image for Kaplan

Engaged Employer

Add an Interview

Kaplan Teacher Interview Questions

Updated Oct 21, 2021

To filter interviews, or .
Found 11 of over 519 interviews

In Person20%
2.7
HardAverageEasy

Kaplan

Application

I interviewed at Kaplan

Interview

The interview process was what I would consider normal except some of those that interviewed me did not seem as knowledgeable or have as much experience in my field as I did.

Interview Questions
  • Would I be hesitant to stand in front of a class to teach
    1 Answer

Kaplan

Application

I interviewed at Kaplan

Interview

all online, webcam questions and modules, 3 levels, one phone call, the online stage, then a video interview. there was never any in person interaction. had to teach a prepared lesson.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

What people are saying about Kaplan

Join the conversation on
Join the conversation on

Kaplan

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Kaplan

Interview

Craig's List hiring. It was interesting. Nay, it was tedious. Parking is a nightmare. Lots of Belarusians milling about. I enjoy teaching. It's a rewarding experience. Belarusians are the polar opposite of rewarding.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Kaplan

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Kaplan in Jan 2015

Interview

To qualify for an interview, i had to take the test I was applying for and score in top 10%. All interviews were via teleconferencing. My first interview was with someone from corporate, then I had to give a mock lesson with my future manager. My manager was very bottom line; he evaluated the teaching skills I showed in the mock lesson.

Interview Questions
  • Describe a problem student you've had and how you handled him/her.

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 week. I interviewed at Kaplan (New York, NY) in Jan 2015

Interview

very challenging, multiple steps. if the regular interviews go well you're asked to be part of a 4 day training process, which is also part of the interview process, and many of those brought in are filtered out (the attendance dropped on a daily basis) finally I was among the two who were asked back, out of a contingent of 10

Interview Questions
  • teach back a gmat question for me

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Kaplan (Boston, MA) in Feb 2013

Interview

Cattle Call type online interview. Difficult software. They use a proprietary software not Skype or Hangouts or something well tested. I got on well before the scheduled time and tested my microphone and speaker set up. According to the site everything passed. When I attempted to do my interview they received no sound from me. I could do very little as I had already done everything in my power to make it a success.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Kaplan

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 week. I interviewed at Kaplan

Interview

I had to prepare a 5 minute presentation on the topic of my choice. Normally they would have other candidates there as well who would ask questions, but it was just me. The interviewer was very friendly and asked me some basic questions to make sure my presentation skills were acceptable.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Kaplan

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Kaplan in Aug 2010

Interview

had to qualify for the job based on 90th percentile score on exam, did that, then you have to give a simple non-academic presentation

1 person found this interview helpful

Kaplan

Application

The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Kaplan in Mar 2009

Interview

The Kaplan interview process is as follows. First you go to an 'audition,' before which you fill out a 10 (yes, 10) page application. This includes not only your work and educational history back to high-school, including your starting and ending salaries at each job, but also your test scores, criminal record, three references, and detailed credit information. I asked why they needed to pull our credit reports and they replied that it was due to the fact that we might be teaching teenagers. The connection in my mind is still unclear. I also find it odd that they would need such detailed salary information for a job where the salary is non-negotiable. The 'audition' consists of a 45 minute long schpiel on the history of Kaplan and why the company is so successful. Then each candidate does a five minute presentation in front of the other candidates. So be prepared to set aside a two hour period, at least, for the audition. So far as I can tell, anyone who is mildly coherent will pass the audition. Only when pressed did they explain what the actual pay is like and many important details are not released until your one-on-one interview. Let me break it down for you here. Training: 5 weeks of two 3 hour long classes/wk. Lots of homework and prep. Pay is for class time only. $7-8/hr. Teaching: They assign classes two months out (they don't tell you this in the audition, just the interview) so after training you will likely wait a month. During this time I believe you can get paid for proctoring exams - $7-8/hr. Once you receive your class, the breakdown is as follows. In Class Time: $20/hr. Out of class preparation, emailing, proctoring, etc.: $7-8/hr. There are roughly two hours of prep for each hour of class-time, giving you an average salary of $10-12/hr. Tutoring: After one cycle of teaching you are eligible to tutor. Kaplan charges the student $140/hr. You receive $25/hr for tutoring time, $7-8/hr for prep time. This raises your average salary to about $13-13.60/hr. One on One Interview: It was fairy easy to schedule an interview. I let them know my schedule and they gave me a slot. I arrived, on time, and the interview started about 15 minutes late. After twenty minutes of discussing my qualifications, I was asked about my availability. After the interview I never heard back from Kaplan either way.

Interview Questions
5 people found this interview helpful

Kaplan

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Kaplan in May 2007

Interview

It's hard to say, really. It's definitely not a hard process - as long as you have scored highly enough on the test that you want to teach, you are good talking in front of people, and there is an opening available, you should be able to get a job.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful
Viewing 1 - 10 of 11 Interviews