Kaplan Test Prep Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Kaplan Test Prep Interview Questions

Interviews at Kaplan Test Prep

2.8

Part Time Faculty Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Kaplan Test Prep.

Interview

This is a mult-step process, and from what I gather, it's fairly easy to get through the process should you actually complete each step. However, you can be cut at any point in the process.
    1. Apply online
    2. Complete online videotaped session in which you "teach" a sample problem. This is not live so you can retape it a couple of times if you mess up.
    3. Live Skype interview with hiring manager -- review of your videotaped session and normal interview questions. This was the easiest point for me to ask my many questions.
    4. Live Skype "technical evaluation" with a veteran teacher -- this was the most stressful as you needed to prepare 4 sample problems which s/he could choose at random to have you present to him or her. Feedback is provided and you are expected to include it in the next problem you work through with them. Additional normal interview questions.
    5. Background check (they actually call your references)
    6. Offer

Interview Questions

• What would you do if you got to a testing site and the door was locked?   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation

Center Director Interview

Anonymous Employee in Richmond, VA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Kaplan Test Prep (Richmond, VA) in May 2011.

Interview

Had multiple phone and in-person interviews, each going progressively "higher." KTP has a relatively flat organizational structure, so I was talking to regional and multi-state directors fairly quickly. They flew me in to home office to interview other directors on the team. The interview was more about "fit" than ability -- they were very concerned that I had the right "be positive and do what it takes to succeed" attitude. Ultimately it came down to how I got along with everyone over lunch.

Interview Questions

• Are you suited for the job, how would you handle conflict within the team, how would you handle customer conflict, how do you motivate each, etc.   Answer Question
  3. Create your profile to get personalized information

Center Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Kaplan Test Prep.

Interview

I interviewed with the Area Director. He asked questions related to my past management experience and specifics about budgeting, sales and marketing, and staff management and scheduling.

Interview Questions

• The interviewer did not ask any surprising or overly difficult questions.   Answer Question

Nursing Instructor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Kaplan Test Prep (Seattle, WA) in February 2017.

Interview

The process was all automated, there was an initial audition and then a web based interview. However the pay was mentioned at the end and they only pay $15/hour for 15-18 hrs of training and minimum wage for 40+ hours of prep - this is not appropriate pay for a nursing professional with a Masters degree

Interview Questions

• How would you handle it if you got bad reviews after the first day of teaching a 4 day class?   2 Answers

Business Developer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Kaplan Test Prep (Boston, MA) in April 2013.

Interview

One phone screen with manager, follow up phone screen with hiring manager. In person interview with hiring manager and area director. phone screen with new england director. in person presentation with senior team members, hiring manager and area director.

Marketing Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Kaplan Test Prep (New York, NY) in September 2014.

Interview

Interview was very easy, relaxed. resume driven. Phone interview with one person, then in office interview with two other supervisors. Very friendly and took a tour of the office. Very quick in their decision making.

Marketing Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Kaplan Test Prep (New York, NY).

Interview

phone interview and then in-person interview
    it was pretty easy. mostly behavioral questions. They want you to work for semester intern and summer. They are looking for someone who is responsible, who can multi-task and dilligent. If you prove to them those things and that you have a passion in marketing, you are most likely going to get it. Not a difficult interview process at all.

Interview Questions

• Tell me your biggest failure?
      What is your biggest accomplishment?
      Why are you interested in this position?
      Walk me through your resume? You get asked on your previous internships especially if they are marketing related   Answer Question

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Kaplan Test Prep in January 2013.

Interview

I was called back the day after applying and asked to come in and give a presentation teaching the interviewers something to demonstrate communication skills. I made a quick power point a few hours beforehand. After presenting, I was asked a couple questions about my education and where I hoped to see myself in the future, and then offered the job on the spot.

Interview Questions

Interview

Applied for this position through my school's job board, received a phone call to schedule an interview within a week. I had a Skype interview with the campus manager for my region. In the first round she asked me about my experience and why I am interested in Kaplan, what I knew about the company and why i was interested in the position.

Interview Questions

• Tell me what you know about the history of our company.   Answer Question

Campus Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Davis, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at Kaplan Test Prep (Davis, CA).

Interview

Applied online and was asked for a phone interview followed by a skype interview which I thought was unnecessary. Just have to be friendly and out going and "well connected" on campus.

Interview Questions

• Nothing really too difficult, typical questions. Hires based on whether or not they like you.   Answer Question