Kaplan Test Prep Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Dec 20, 2017

2.8

GRE Instructor Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Kaplan Test Prep (San Francisco, CA) in November 2017.

Interview

After the online and teacher audition portions of the application process, I had my technical interview over Skype with a Kaplan instructor. The interview was a mixture of traditional interview questions with a GRE flavor ("Describe the process you've experienced when developing a skill and what mental hurdles you overcame", "Describe your GRE journey and what you did to prepare") and teaching practice questions to the instructor. The instructor was kind and friendly and gave me some really useful feedback. All in all, a positive interview experience.

Interview Questions

• What did you do to prepare for the GRE?
      Describe a time you've taught something to someone.
      Describe a time you managed a difficult situation.
      Describe a skill you've developed and whether you felt like giving up at any point.   Answer Question

Tutor Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Kaplan Test Prep.

Interview

Applied online (standard questions / test scores) and then conducted a video interview where I prepped some questions. After that, had a technical interview with one of the current tutors in which he portrayed a student and had teach a few scenarios and answered questions.

Interview Questions

• How would you teach this to a student who doesn't get it?   Answer Question

SAT Instructor Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Kaplan Test Prep.

Interview

I found the job posted on craigslist and applied. I was reached out to by a recruiter and submitted proof of my SAT scores and was invited to do an audition. This was online and took about an hour total including practice runs, prepping the questions, etc. I was then invited to schedule a Technical Interview with one of their current teachers. The interviewer spent time pretending to be a student and having me teach the problems to them that I was given to prep ahead of time. They also asked some general situation-based questions. From there I was invited to a hiring manager interview and offered the job. Everyone involved was very professional, friendly, and seemed to love the company a lot, which was a big reason I accepted the job.

Interview Questions

• They asked you to explain a number of questions you had to pre-prepare.   1 Answer

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Kaplan Test Prep.

Interview

Many rounds: first with submission of test scores, then with short video practice teaching a lesson, then over Skype teaching a lesson/interview questions, then a final round interview with logistical questions

Interview Questions

• How would you teach this question to a struggling student?   Answer Question

MCAT Test Prep Instructor Interview

Anonymous Employee in New Haven, CT

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Kaplan Test Prep (New Haven, CT) in September 2017.

Interview

Submitted a recorded video of me presenting questions; then, an approximately two hour technical interview presenting additional MCAT question that I had prepared in advance; and then I had an interview with management personnel for my local area (approximately thirty minutes).

Interview Questions

• Why would you like to work for Kaplan? Explain your research?   Answer Question

Test Prep Instructor Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Kaplan Test Prep.

Interview

First you have to take the test and get be in the top 90 %. Then take a video interview answering typical questions. They tell you the questions before hand. Then another interview with a teacher which they call a technical interview but it is not, then another interview after that

Interview Questions

• They give you pre assigned test questions. You need to make sure you can explain how to solve them. Gre,lsat,gmat..ect.   1 Answer

ACT Instructor Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Kaplan Test Prep.

Interview

Applied online and then got invited to do an online audition where you teach a couple questions . Next, got invited to do a technical interview with an experienced teacher. The interview was a combination of teaching questions and answering normal interview questions. Finally, there is an interview with a faculty manager which is just a normal interview.

Interview Questions

• What would you do if a student was having trouble grasping what you were teaching?   Answer Question

SAT Teacher Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Kaplan Test Prep.

Interview

If your test scores are high enough, you apply and get invited to an interview. The "interview" is you going up in front of the other candidates and giving a 5 minute "how to" lesson of your choice.

Interview Questions

• No questions. You just go up and give a 5 minute lesson.   Answer Question

MCAT Tutor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Kaplan Test Prep (Dallas, TX) in May 2017.

Interview

First a recruiter emailed me, asking me a few questions about my score on the MCAT. Then I submitted a video interview. That wen't well, and then I had a online interview. They gave me a few questions to prepare for, and I had to teach them.

Now that online interview went horrible. I was trying to explain the problems. He idiot interviewing me kept on interrupting and asking really stupid questions. Really idiot he was, just wanted to mess me up. He just wanted me to see me fail, asking me stupid questions -- the sort of questions the class clown in elementary school would ask.

Now again, I ended up getting into a top Medical School, ranked in two 20 in US news. So I know the material very well, but the idiot interviewing me made me look like a fool by asking retarded questions.

I'm guessing, he got rejected from medical school, and is frustrated. I don't know.

It was a long, painful process. You invest a lot of time on this stupid job process (and mind you, the job only pays you $22 an hour). So you waste a lot of time on this crap if you have a frustrated loser interview you (which I had).

Interview Questions

• Really stupid questions about the practice problems.   1 Answer

GRE Tutor Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Kaplan Test Prep.

Interview

Multiple rounds: online application, then teacher audition where you record yourself teaching a problem, then technical interview with a Kaplan tutor, then interview with your local manager. All are conducted online (through Skype and similar platforms). I haven't actually completed the last step yet.

Interview Questions

• Describe a situation where you had to improvise to solve a problem   Answer Question