Kaplan Test Prep Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Kaplan Test Prep Interview Questions

Updated May 13, 2017

2.8

GRE Tutor Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Kaplan Test Prep.

Interview

Multiple rounds: online application, then teacher audition where you record yourself teaching a problem, then technical interview with a Kaplan tutor, then interview with your local manager. All are conducted online (through Skype and similar platforms). I haven't actually completed the last step yet.

Interview Questions

• Describe a situation where you had to improvise to solve a problem   Answer Question

Marketing Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Kaplan Test Prep in March 2017.

Interview

Got a phone interview by HR, basic resume questions and concept definitions. Questions described below. Positive experience, nice HR, but I am still waiting for message from HR about next steps.

MCAT Instructor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Orem, UT

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Kaplan Test Prep (Orem, UT) in March 2017.

Interview

After I received a 95th percentile (518) on a practice MCAT, I received an email inviting me to apply. I submitted my resume, which only includes minimal tutoring/TA experience. They invited me to submit an "audition." The audition was me filming myself teaching an MCAT question in under 5 minutes. This was very easy. I was invited to continue and take the hour long"technical interview." Which included being prepared to teach 5 difficult MCAT questions to an interviewer via an online interview. I was asked to teach one of the questions. During the process, I asked, "do you have any questions?" The interviewer then asked about 20 questions about "is [this] on the MCAT? Is [that] on the MCAT?" He then lectured me about how the MCAT is about test-taking skills and not about knowledge recall. He also lectured me that asking "any questions?" was a cardinal sin in MCAT teaching. This was frustrating because I felt like he only cared about my ability to teach test-taking skills, despite all the material provided to me was focused on the subject matter and my ability to teach the subject matter. I felt misled and unprepared.
    I also felt the interview was unprepared. He had never seen my resume. He hadn't watched my audition. And he assumed I had already taken the MCAT even though the recruiter that set up the interview knew I had only taken practice tests.
    Within a week of the technical interview, I was notified that I didn't get the job.

Nursing Instructor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Kaplan Test Prep (Seattle, WA) in February 2017.

Interview

The process was all automated, there was an initial audition and then a web based interview. However the pay was mentioned at the end and they only pay $15/hour for 15-18 hrs of training and minimum wage for 40+ hours of prep - this is not appropriate pay for a nursing professional with a Masters degree

Interview Questions

• How would you handle it if you got bad reviews after the first day of teaching a 4 day class?   1 Answer

MCAT Instructor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Kaplan Test Prep (Boston, MA) in February 2017.

Interview

Applied online. They require a high MCAT score. Was contacted a few days later. Did 4 minute teaching lesson. Then, 60-min teaching interview with an MCAT instructor who was a hiring manager about a week later. Then, 30-min traditional interview with regional manager a week after that. Was hired within that week.

Interview Questions

• Talk about a time when working with someone else was difficult.   Answer Question

Marketing Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Kaplan Test Prep (New York, NY) in February 2017.

Interview

I received an email from an HR and she arranged a phone interview with me. On that day, she called me late but no big deal. She spoke really fast and interrupted me for a couple of times. It seemed that she was in a rush which made me very confused. She did not ask me if I have any question for you and ended the conversation in a sudden. I have to say it is not a good interview experience but anyway I will keep going on my job hunting.

Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Kaplan Test Prep (New York, NY).

Interview

I just went through the HR screen, normal questions. I was asked to go through normal questions, why kaplan and what it does, skills related to the position.
     It sounds that the HR just want to read all the questions and then hung up the phone.

Interview Questions

• Go through my resume. I was also asked about the compensation for specific numbers.   Answer Question

Student Brand Ambassador Interview

Anonymous Employee in Harrisonburg, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Kaplan Test Prep (Harrisonburg, VA) in January 2017.

Interview

Very quick and efficient. The entire process took about 2-3 weeks from initial contact to offer letter. Everyone I spoke to was so friendly and accommodating and clearly laid out the next steps during the process.

Interview Questions

• Tell us how you are involved on campus and any organizations you're in.   Answer Question
    • Explain to us how you would spread the Kaplan brand through unique ways on social media.   Answer Question

Kaplan MCAT Instructor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Kaplan Test Prep (Chicago, IL) in December 2016.

Interview

There were 4 steps in the process. The first was to fill out an application online. The second was a Teacher Audition, where you have to record yourself for 4 minutes teaching 2 problems. The third was a Technical Interview, where you have to teach a Kaplan instructor several problems, along with a few standard interview questions. The fourth was the final interview, which was standard interview questions and logistics if they were to hire you.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to teach for Kaplan?   Answer Question
    • What is one thing about yourself that I would not have guessed?   Answer Question
    • What is one interesting science fact that always blows your mind?   Answer Question
    • Let's say you had a classroom where 3 students were really excelling and another 3 students were really struggling. How would you teach such a classroom?   Answer Question

Marketing Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Kaplan Test Prep (New York, NY) in November 2016.

Interview

HR did an initial phone interview which was friendly. Once you get through that you do several interviews with a supervisor then their supervisor and other people you may work with. Some of the interviews were face to face. While others were done virtually using google hangouts. Overall it was a pleasant process. HR was always very responsive and kept me in the loop.