Kaplan University Interview Questions | Glassdoor

2.6

87 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Admissions Advisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Orlando, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Kaplan University (Orlando, FL) in March 2017.

Interview

I first had a Kaplan recruiter contact me after I applied for the position to do a phone interview. She basically stated the job description and set me up for an in-person interview the following week on at their Orlando, FL location near the campus of UCF.

Red Flag #1 The recruiter followed-up several times prior to the interview. She called the day before to ask if I was ready or nervous. She even called the morning of the interview while I was attempting to get to my interview. The recruiter she was pushing you to be sure you attend your interview because I'm guessing it's part of their pay plan. I honestly spoke to the recruiter more times than I did my own friends and family during the process. There's a big difference between follow-up and overkill, I felt like I was answering the phone from a telemarketer.

I walked through a very crowded call center into the interview room. There were 3 people present. The Director of Admissions, a manager and a superior of the admissions director that was observing there work. The interview were your typical behavior STAR questions.

Red Flag #2: I inquired as to why the position was open and they stated it was due to growth. Unfortunately, I prefer honest answers. They layoff every year in this department and they give you cold leads. I also made sure I did not let them know I knew many employees that are currently employed with the company all of which said they would not recommend working of the company. They were also seeking someone to Tuesday-Sunday. (So that means you'll never be compensated for holidays that are observed on Mondays).

Red Flag #3 I asked why have their enrollments decreased year over year and what is their target enrollment numbers for year-end 2017. The response from the director was it is due to the guidelines/restrictions from the department of education. The accurate information is that Kaplan University has been cited for improper recruitment practices and has been riddled with lawsuits. I also have a friend that has been paid out in a class action lawsuit because of this.

Red Flag #4 The interviewers asked about my years of employment, which felt like an age discriminatory question. At this point though, I knew that they were threatened by an individual with so much work experience.

Interview Questions

• Explain a time personal/professional in which you went above your duties to help someone feel better.   Answer Question

Any Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Kaplan University.

Interview

At least 3 interviews are conducted. The hiring process is so behind at the corporate level it can take months to hire an entry level position. When candidates inquire about statuses it is difficult for management to answer honestly since the decision is held at a corporate level.

Interview Questions

• Why do you believe you qualify for this position?   1 Answer

Admissions Advisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Orlando, FL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Kaplan University (Orlando, FL) in March 2017.

Interview

I was recruited and agreed to have an interview with the director and another associate. I was advised it would be an Behavioral type interview and prepared accordingly. I have had many interviews of this type.

Interview Questions

• Name a time when you failed and what you did about it. Tell me about a time when you didn't listen and what happened. Every question was negative! On and on...sorry, but I would rather talk about my achievements and successes in life.   1 Answer

Admissions Interview

Application

The process took 7 weeks. I interviewed at Kaplan University.

Interview

Phone Interview with Corporate HR person which was followed by both a phone interview and an in-person interview with the hiring manager. Lastly, I was brought in to speak with the regional VPs. Most were pretty basic and simple common interview questions. The interviews were very laid back and conversational at all stages of the process. Very hesitant to answer questions I asked about biggest internal challenges or frustrations.

Medical Assistant/Spanish Instructor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Broomall, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Kaplan University (Broomall, PA).

Interview

The interview process was based in multiple questions regarding the position, future goals and practices to engage and apply tools to motivate the ratio of student motivation and graduation commitment.

Interview Questions

• Where would you see in 1 year your goals as an Medical Assistant Instructor?   1 Answer

Adjunct Instructor Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Kaplan University.

Interview

Submit application online. Confirmation email received immediately. I received an HR preliminary interview within one week. After a few days, I received a Chair interview. Position was offered. Have transcripts verified. Attend online training to experience the classroom (3 weeks in length). Begin teaching.

Interview Questions

• What is my teaching philosophy?   1 Answer

Career Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Interview

The process was very straight forward. I had a few interviews with the recruiter, hiring manager and also a follow up interview with the VP. I also had a skill test as well.

Receptionist Assistant Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Kaplan University.

Interview

Got interview from a third party recruiter. It was a group interview on site so it was different than a phone interview. There were about 15 of us. We met with 3 managers from the student records department. After quick introductions we had about 45 minutes of questions from them. Then the last 30 minutes we could ask our questions. They were very open to answering them and made sure to stress open lines of communication.

Interview Questions

• What is something you are trying to improve in your life? And discuss a current opportunity and steps to achieve your goal.   Answer Question
    • What motivates you to keep on working on a job amidst high repetition?   Answer Question

Adjunct Instructor Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Kaplan University.

Interview

The interview was very friendly and open, we had a good conversation and they did a good job of getting in to the specifics of my background and expertise. We also talked about the value and contribution that professionals can contribute to the learning environment of the students.

Interview Questions

• Summarize your professional experience and the types of roles and projects you have worked on.   Answer Question

Operations Research Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Miami, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Kaplan University (Miami, FL).

Interview

2 interviews, one with Manager and then with Director of operations.They were knowledgeable, detailed oriented and observing. At first they were all business but then they try to get your personality and check if you are a good fit for the team.