Kaplan University Admission's Advisor Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Kaplan University Admission's Advisor Interview Questions

2.5

Anonymous Employee in Orlando, FL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at Kaplan University (Orlando, FL) in September 2015.

Interview

First is a phone screen interview via recruiter typically internal, then a face to face with 1 or 2 managers. It was more of a situational interview, very straight forward. Both managers I interviewed with had little eye contact and took notes almost the entire time. Overall it can feel slightly intimidating with the interview style but if you're prepared it's not bad.

Interview Questions

• Give me a scenario in which you had to overcome an objection and it was successful.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Kaplan University

Anonymous Employee in Orlando, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Kaplan University (Orlando, FL) in September 2015.

Interview

After completing my application, I was contacted a week later. After completing 2 phone interviews, i was called for an in person interview. I was hired 2-3 weeks later. The training was about 4 weeks long and benefits were available the first day of training.

Interview Questions

• How do you build a rapport with potential students?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Orlando, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Kaplan University (Orlando, FL) in June 2015.

Interview

I applied for the job via the Kaplan website. About one day later if not the same day, I received an email from a recruiter who provided a link via email. The link was to a virtual interviewing site that the interviewee was to acesss with a device that has a camera. I used my laptop. I was given an essay question to answer first, where I had to type out a response. The rest of the interview consisted of me answering about six interview questions on camera with no one at the other end. Its just you looking at yourself for two minutes at a time which is very distracting by the way. I also had to fake sell them a product as an answer to one of the interview questions.

I did not get the in person interview. However, based on the reviews they saved me a headache so I am thankful. I actually interviewed for this position back in 2011 and was invited back for a second interview where I met with one of the directors. I did not get the job because well...you can fill in the blanks. The HR rep actually called me back and said she did not agree with his decision not to hire me and that she felt I was a good candidate for the position. However, bias lurks everywhere so what can you do.

Kaplan, you should loose that video process that you do. Its ineffective and shows you are cutting corners. I did not get the job and yet never got to actually speak with a human being? Come on now. Give people a fair shot and allow them to come in and interview in person. Like I said, you guys saved me a headache because you have a plethora of complaints on this website from current employees. Plus I read that the pay has changed to a low base plus commission, rather than a straight salary. Your people are misrable.

Interview Questions

• One question I remember is the age old question of tell me about yourself.   Answer Question

Admissions Advisor Interview

Interview

I have interviewed for three different positions in my time at Kaplan and received two of three job offers. The interview process typically starts with a recruiter calling you and conducting a phone interview, if passed on then a manager of the division you are applying to will conduct another phone interview and if that is successful you will receive a third and final in person interview thereafter with about three managers. Some time after that you will get a call from the recruiter about an offer and an e-mail with offer details.

Interview Questions

• There questions are mostly typical of what the students will ask and how you respond to them and various behavioral questions.   Answer Question

Admission Advisor Interview

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Kaplan University in July 2014.

Interview

I was given a phone interview by a recruiter and ask some behavioral questions, at the end of our 25 minutes interview she offer to set me up for a second interview with a manager. I had the interview and was interviewed by the ADOA and the DOA. They threw behavioral questions requesting to give examples and outcomes.

Interview Questions

• Name a time when I plan something that back fired on me, honestly I have never made an work related plans that back fired   Answer Question

Negotiation

I didn't attempt to negotiate since they were pay pretty well compared to other colleges

Anonymous Employee in Plantation, FL

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Kaplan University (Plantation, FL) in April 2014.

Interview

Sat with the Asst Director of Admissions and was asked general admissions questions. How do you overcome objections, how do you get someone to open up & relate while on a 15-20 min conversation.

Interview Questions

• How do you overcome objections?
      How long do you wait to discuss school?
      When do you talk about finances?
      1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Plantation, FL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Kaplan University (Plantation, FL) in March 2014.

Interview

Several phone screenings, then 2 face to face interviews with management. This can take some time, it took over 2 weeks for me to complete from start to finish. They do request a great deal of documents and this can take time as well.

Interview Questions

• What do you think you would contribute to Kaplan University, your Admission Team, and your potential students?   1 Answer

Negotiation

Negotiate your skills and place emphasis on the fact that you get what you pay for. I know i was getting underpaid for this position, but was very interested in working with Kaplan. In addition they do pay for you to continue your education, so place that value into your negotiations if you are interested.

Admissions Advisor Interview

Interview

Was called to set-up what I believed to be an interview after I submitted my resume' and application online. What it turned out to be was a "group" interview with about 9 other candidate. During our hour long presentation, the director explained that this position though it is titled "Admissions Ad visor" it is not inf act an advisory position, rather it is a sales position. During the presentation we were told that there would b e a short break and if the job wasn't for us or what we had expected then we could leave at that time.

I found this to be an odd procedure. Wouldn't it just be easier to be upfront in the job description rather than reverting to a certain amount of deception to get candidates in the door?

I felt this to be an unfair way of handling a position, though I do give points for creativity!

Anonymous Employee in Fort Lauderdale, FL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Kaplan University (Fort Lauderdale, FL) in January 2014.

Interview

behavior based interview. They ask you about past experiences so be prepared to discuss the STAR format. Situation, Task, Action, Result. Stay away from hypothetical, use experiences that you specifically impacted. No vague or high level answers, be numbers oriented.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you had to make a difficult decision?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Orlando, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Kaplan University (Orlando, FL) in August 2013.

Interview

Started with the application. Then a phone interview with a corporate recruiter. Situation based questions were asked. After the phone interview I was asked to interview with the director of admissions and the associate director of admissions. More situation based questions and behavior based questions.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you closed a deal and how did you do it?   Answer Question