Kaplan University Financial Aid Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Kaplan University Financial Aid Interview Questions

2.4

Anonymous Employee in Lincoln, NE

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Kaplan University (Lincoln, NE) in January 2014.

Interview

Applied online, contacted by phone about a week later. In person interview lasted about 30 minutes, was offered the position approximately a week later, negotiated higher salary. Interview was thorough and I was asked job appropriate questions.

Interview Questions

• Do you have experience working in customer service?   1 Answer

Financial Aid Servicing Counselor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Orlando, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Kaplan University (Orlando, FL).

Interview

The interview process consisted of a phone interview and then two face to face interviews with hiring managers. The interview process was good. I received a phone interview about a week after applying online. It was about 10-15 minutes long. During the phone interview, the recruiter informed me of the salary (not that competitive). Then the recruiter invited me for a face-to-face interview. Since, I was coming from out of town, the manager conducted the initial interview and then requested I stay for the second interview since she was please with my skills. Before the second interview, the manager gave me a tour of the facility (nice facility) and explained what I'd be doing there in depth. After the second interview, I was offered the job on the spot.

Interview Questions

• All of the questions were pretty straigt forward. I will say that they did like the fact that I knew background infrmation about the company.   1 Answer

Negotiation

No, the pay was the pay.

Financial Aid Interview

Anonymous Employee in Fort Lauderdale, FL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Kaplan University (Fort Lauderdale, FL) in February 2012.

Interview

I applied online and the recruiter contacted me the next day. We talked for approx. 30 minutes which made up a "pre-interview" or screening. We discussed job qualifications, requirements and salary expectations.Then that week I had my first official phone interview with someone in the financial aid office in Chicago. After that I had a 1:1 interview with the director of financial aid that was really simple and lasted 10 minutes. Overall not too stressful.

Interview Questions

• What do you expect to me the most difficult part of your job if you were hired by Kaplan?   1 Answer

Negotiation

Some room for negotiaition. Take advantage of shift differential.

Financial Aid Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Fort Lauderdale, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Kaplan University (Fort Lauderdale, FL) in November 2011.

Interview

I was interviewed by 6 different members of financial aid management at the same time, with them all sitting around me and starring me down from the end of the table. It was a very nerve racking experience and meant to intimidate you. Luckily I don't scare easily. It took them about a week to get back to me and I had to make my decision right away.

Interview Questions

• Where do you see yourself in 5 years   1 Answer

Negotiation

There was not any negotiation, I was transferring from another department

Anonymous Employee in Orlando, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Kaplan University (Orlando, FL) in January 2011.

Interview

Phone Call, after the call it's 2 face-to-face interviews, and at the second interview they offer you the position contingent on your background. The background check consists of a criminal background as well as whether or not you're default on student loans. Credit check (not very hard even with bad credit), and reference check

Interview Questions

• "How do you cope with stress?"   2 Answers

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Arlington, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Kaplan University (Arlington, TX) in August 2009.

Interview

I was contacted through email to interview for the company. I had a one on one interview for my first and second interview. I had to fill out a seven page application in the receptionist area. Make sure you know all your past employer information including address and phone numbers. You need to list four professional references and their addresses and phone numbers.

Interview Questions

• What do you about financial aid?   1 Answer

Financial Aid Servicing Counselor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Orlando, FL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Kaplan University (Orlando, FL) in June 2009.

Interview

It was a basic interview with basic quesstions asked by most interviewers. Done with a panel.

Interview Questions

• How did you personally contribute to your previous position?   Answer Question

Negotiation

There was a base pay and I was advised that we would have quartly reviews and increases based on retention. This was not the case. Base scale was all there was and only very small merit increases yearly.

Anonymous Employee in Fort Lauderdale, FL

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Kaplan University (Fort Lauderdale, FL) in November 2008.

Interview

This process was very simple initially and comparable to most other companies but once you get hired and you want to move around internally there is a ridiculas interview process. They even verify degrees if you're moving around internally even though they verified the degree before

Interview Questions

Negotiation

none