Kaplan University Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jun 12, 2017

2.6

Admissions Advisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Orlando, FL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Kaplan University (Orlando, FL) in March 2017.

Interview

I was recruited and agreed to have an interview with the director and another associate. I was advised it would be an Behavioral type interview and prepared accordingly. I have had many interviews of this type.

Interview Questions

• Name a time when you failed and what you did about it. Tell me about a time when you didn't listen and what happened. Every question was negative! On and on...sorry, but I would rather talk about my achievements and successes in life.   1 Answer

Medical Assistant/Spanish Instructor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Broomall, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Kaplan University (Broomall, PA).

Interview

The interview process was based in multiple questions regarding the position, future goals and practices to engage and apply tools to motivate the ratio of student motivation and graduation commitment.

Interview Questions

• Where would you see in 1 year your goals as an Medical Assistant Instructor?   1 Answer

Academic Advisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Portland, ME

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Kaplan University (Portland, ME) in January 2015.

Interview

Interview began with a member of the interview committee greeting me at the door, having a short and professional conversation as we walked to the conference room. Committee members were all present, individually introduced themselves and greeted me kindly. The overall conversation was excellent, informative, comfortable and honest all around. The committee members clearly love their university!

Interview Questions

• Q: What is the most important aspect of academic advising?   1 Answer

Accountant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Alpharetta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Kaplan University (Alpharetta, GA) in January 2012.

Interview

Apply online and they will call you in for an interview if your resume' meets the requirements. Then once you are there you file out a standard application and then meet with two interviewers.

Operations Research Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Miami, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Kaplan University (Miami, FL).

Interview

2 interviews, one with Manager and then with Director of operations.They were knowledgeable, detailed oriented and observing. At first they were all business but then they try to get your personality and check if you are a good fit for the team.

Financial Aid Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Fort Lauderdale, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Kaplan University (Fort Lauderdale, FL) in November 2011.

Interview

I was interviewed by 6 different members of financial aid management at the same time, with them all sitting around me and starring me down from the end of the table. It was a very nerve racking experience and meant to intimidate you. Luckily I don't scare easily. It took them about a week to get back to me and I had to make my decision right away.

Interview Questions

• Where do you see yourself in 5 years   1 Answer

Negotiation

There was not any negotiation, I was transferring from another department

Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Fort Lauderdale, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Kaplan University (Fort Lauderdale, FL) in March 2012.

Interview

Thorough and detailed with multiple interviews.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Fine.

Adjunct Professor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Saint Louis, MO

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Kaplan University (Saint Louis, MO).

Interview

I interviewed for the job, although the interview was pretty casual. Once I passed that step, I had to come back in to audition for the job by delivering a short lesson. Attendees completed a written evaluation of my presentation, then the Dean discussed my scores with me. I was evaluated on presentation style, vocal projection, use of the whiteboard, clarity of the lesson itself, and more. Once hired, I had to submit official transcripts and complete a lot of onboarding paperwork and required online training (sexual harassment, security, etc.). The whole process from the call for the interview to being ready to teach my first class was probably close to three weeks.

Interview Questions

• I was graded down for mentioning that I was tired (I worked a night job at the time, so I had had very little sleep) to a few people before the actual lesson began. Since I had not been aware that I was already being evaluated, I was somewhat taken aback by this.   Answer Question

Negotiation

There was no negotiation. For each course, the professor signs a contract for that ten week term. Salary starts out at $1,000 per course.

Admissions Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Miami, FL

Application

The process took a week. I interviewed at Kaplan University (Miami, FL) in May 2009.

Interview

I applied online. An HR rep promptly got back to me wanting to set up the interview over the phone for 30 minutes first. After the phone interview which was a screening of whether I fit the position or not he said that someone would call me if the manager decides to interview me. I got called in by the manager who then asked me why was I interested in the position. At first I did not think much of them. They were not dressed in suits or something fancy as I would say people would dress during the interview process. Very tidy place but the rest of the people seemed like they needed to work hard to keep the job. Very good interview process. Very interesting questions. Advice would be, be punctual, answer the questions realistically and think about what you are saying. It helps to make sure they truly understand your answers and also helps you make a decision of whether you would want to work for that company or not.

Interview Questions

Because I had to work some nights which I cant due to babysitting issues.

Financial Aid Advisor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Kaplan University (Chicago, IL) in February 2013.

Interview

Went through 3 rounds of interviews. Most of the questions centered around background experience in education and financial aid processes as well as customer service skills. The time to hear the decision was reasonable.