Kaplan University Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Kaplan University Interview Questions

Updated Apr 11, 2017

2.6

Anonymous Employee in Orlando, FL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at Kaplan University (Orlando, FL) in September 2015.

Interview

First is a phone screen interview via recruiter typically internal, then a face to face with 1 or 2 managers. It was more of a situational interview, very straight forward. Both managers I interviewed with had little eye contact and took notes almost the entire time. Overall it can feel slightly intimidating with the interview style but if you're prepared it's not bad.

Interview Questions

• Give me a scenario in which you had to overcome an objection and it was successful.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Orlando, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Kaplan University (Orlando, FL) in September 2015.

Interview

After completing my application, I was contacted a week later. After completing 2 phone interviews, i was called for an in person interview. I was hired 2-3 weeks later. The training was about 4 weeks long and benefits were available the first day of training.

Interview Questions

• How do you build a rapport with potential students?   1 Answer

Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Fort Lauderdale, FL

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Kaplan University (Fort Lauderdale, FL).

Interview

Very specific into details of tasks needed to perform role. Interwier was knowledgeable and knew the exacts talent to look for to attractive an individual that can help them get to their goals without having to baby sit.

Interview Questions

• Are you comfortable with several projects active at the same time?   1 Answer

SAT/ACT Teacher Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Kaplan University in June 2015.

Interview

First, apply online. Then, there's a link for a first round screening online.
    Online self-recorded interview is followed by a Skype interview with a current Kaplan employee and finally a Skype interview with the regional recruiter.
    Then, you wait until the recruiter emails you about whether they hire you or not.

Interview Questions

• What would you do to emphasize the Kaplan teaching method?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Orlando, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Kaplan University (Orlando, FL) in June 2015.

Interview

I applied for the job via the Kaplan website. About one day later if not the same day, I received an email from a recruiter who provided a link via email. The link was to a virtual interviewing site that the interviewee was to acesss with a device that has a camera. I used my laptop. I was given an essay question to answer first, where I had to type out a response. The rest of the interview consisted of me answering about six interview questions on camera with no one at the other end. Its just you looking at yourself for two minutes at a time which is very distracting by the way. I also had to fake sell them a product as an answer to one of the interview questions.

I did not get the in person interview. However, based on the reviews they saved me a headache so I am thankful. I actually interviewed for this position back in 2011 and was invited back for a second interview where I met with one of the directors. I did not get the job because well...you can fill in the blanks. The HR rep actually called me back and said she did not agree with his decision not to hire me and that she felt I was a good candidate for the position. However, bias lurks everywhere so what can you do.

Kaplan, you should loose that video process that you do. Its ineffective and shows you are cutting corners. I did not get the job and yet never got to actually speak with a human being? Come on now. Give people a fair shot and allow them to come in and interview in person. Like I said, you guys saved me a headache because you have a plethora of complaints on this website from current employees. Plus I read that the pay has changed to a low base plus commission, rather than a straight salary. Your people are misrable.

Interview Questions

• One question I remember is the age old question of tell me about yourself.   Answer Question

Receptionist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Fort Lauderdale, FL

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Kaplan University (Fort Lauderdale, FL) in February 2015.

Interview

The interview process was actually over the telephone. Then I had to submit a photo so that they see what I look like. It took about a week before I finally heard from someone regarding a face-to-face interview. That interview was as easy as the phone interview, but it was shorter in person.

Interview Questions

• How important is customer service.   1 Answer

Negotiation

Nothing to negotiate, the job was for a temporary position

Full Time Adjunct Interview

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at Kaplan University in January 2015.

Interview

Very easy going and effective.. relaxing, telephone. My interviewer was the chair for my department, which was calming as our chair is an intelligent and very effective leader. Our chair is personable and knows who I am. We communicate on regular basis.

Academic Advisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Portland, ME

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Kaplan University (Portland, ME) in January 2015.

Interview

Interview began with a member of the interview committee greeting me at the door, having a short and professional conversation as we walked to the conference room. Committee members were all present, individually introduced themselves and greeted me kindly. The overall conversation was excellent, informative, comfortable and honest all around. The committee members clearly love their university!

Interview Questions

• Q: What is the most important aspect of academic advising?   1 Answer

Admissions Advisor Interview

Interview

I have interviewed for three different positions in my time at Kaplan and received two of three job offers. The interview process typically starts with a recruiter calling you and conducting a phone interview, if passed on then a manager of the division you are applying to will conduct another phone interview and if that is successful you will receive a third and final in person interview thereafter with about three managers. Some time after that you will get a call from the recruiter about an offer and an e-mail with offer details.

Interview Questions

• There questions are mostly typical of what the students will ask and how you respond to them and various behavioral questions.   Answer Question

Admissions Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Kaplan University.

Interview

Interview process - there were so many candidates that they brought in all candidates in to one room. Staff explained the company and the position available. I did not realize that our 2 min introductory speech would be the only communication on skills and what the candidate brings to the position. There was no warning that this would be the only time to pitch ourselves and I was disappointed.

Interview Questions

• Giving a 2 min pitch on yourself in front of the rest of the candidates.   Answer Question