Kaplan University Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jun 12, 2017

2.6

Training Position Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fort Lauderdale, FL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Kaplan University (Fort Lauderdale, FL).

Interview

The interview process was very organized and the recruiter had excellent follow up with me leading up to my first face to face interview.

Interview Questions

• The most challenging questions had to do with actual scenarios that were happening in the company.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Orlando, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Kaplan University (Orlando, FL) in August 2013.

Interview

Started with the application. Then a phone interview with a corporate recruiter. Situation based questions were asked. After the phone interview I was asked to interview with the director of admissions and the associate director of admissions. More situation based questions and behavior based questions.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you closed a deal and how did you do it?   Answer Question

Admissions Advisor Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Kaplan University in May 2013.

Interview

The recruiter calls and does a phone interview using behavioral-based questions. They explain the job which is basically being on the phones all day receiving calls or calling prospective students. There is usually a monthly enrollment goal. Next is an in-person interview with front-line managers which may include job shadowing. These questions are also behavioral-based. The job offer is typically given within 24-48 hrs.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time that you had a disagreement with your supervisor. How did you handle it?   1 Answer

Admissions Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 days. I interviewed at Kaplan University.

Interview

Highly unprofessional hiring process. I was called for an interview and the initial personality questionnaire. However, they never actually followed through and scheduled an interview. When I called to follow up, the receptionist hung up on me.

Interview Questions

• There were odd questions on the personality assessment regarding political affiliation.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Fort Lauderdale, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Kaplan University (Fort Lauderdale, FL) in April 2013.

Interview

Initial interview was done over the phone and online. It was very casual, and the staff were professional. The final interview was done with two Admissions Advisors that were very cordial and made the experience pleasant. The period of time from initial contact to being offered the position was in a timely manner.

Interview Questions

• How would you apply past experience working with adult learners in the classroom (campus setting)to this position?   Answer Question

Negotiation

Didnt have to negotiate

Executive Director Interview

Interview

Pretty standard. Initial screening interview with HR, and follow up by phone by member of management team. A series of in-person interviews follow, mostly in Chicago. Kaplan believes that it's best to have many opinions on a hire. There wasn't really any specific order or hierarchy in interviewers; more based on their availability that day.

Interview Questions

• There were no unusual questions. A few behavioral (STAR) questions by HR, but otherwise pretty open and general. Some interviewers preferred to describe their own role and abilities.   1 Answer

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Kaplan University.

Interview

Single interview by HR w/testing and then with ADOA and then DOA or EDOA

Financial Aid Advisor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Kaplan University (Chicago, IL) in February 2013.

Interview

Went through 3 rounds of interviews. Most of the questions centered around background experience in education and financial aid processes as well as customer service skills. The time to hear the decision was reasonable.

Career Services Advisor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Omaha, NE

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Kaplan University (Omaha, NE) in January 2013.

Interview

i submitted a resume and completed an application. Phone interview, then panel interview followed by a presentation that I would give to students on any employment related topic. Interviewed with the President.

Anonymous Employee in Omaha, NE

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at Kaplan University (Omaha, NE) in January 2013.

Interview

Standard process: Telephone interview, meet with the director (immediate boss) and a meeting with the entire team, which was entirely unexpected, but nice, president, and then a meeting with the regional VP.

Interview Questions

• Why is the position important to you?
      Discuss a work conflict that you were faced with and had to overcome.
      What does work ethic mean to you?   1 Answer