Kareo Senior Software Engineer Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Kareo Senior Software Engineer Interview Questions

Interviews at Kareo

2.9

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Irvine, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Kareo (Irvine, CA) in June 2017.

Interview

Applied online, went through phone interview, was asked to come onsite.

Went through interview with different groups of people for 3 hours. Technical questions - algorithms, data structures, design, web API, problem solving.

I was stuck on some aspects of algorithm white-board coding, although I explained how to solve the algorithm verbally. Was kind of a big mood killer when they showed negativity very openly, saying things like "there's no point to ask anything else". Then there was a question with an answer that nobody would guess what's on that person's mind. Question was on what to do to optimize RESTful web API performance. After several approaches it turns out they were looking for "make RESTful API stateless" - really? I commented saying, "it is stateless by definition" and got as reply - "well, sometimes it could have state"... Then there was a question on SQL query - I think they were shooting for "WITH"-kind of grouping query - I didn't remember the syntax on how it should be. But this last one was under the negativity that they had started showing and rushing to get it over with. This was with the first group of engineers. After they left, I saw and heard them talking to another group - one guy was very distinctively shaking his head and saying, "he's no good". After this I really just wanted to wrap it up and leave.

The next group of people I think felt my discouragement, I answered the questions pretty well in my point of view, but it took me some time to pull myself together after the first round :). There was a question they asked on algorithm which turned out to be poorly asked - I created a piece of code that was doing one thing according to the task I heard and was told at the end that the task was something else - they were not clear on that.

The third group of people was concerned about my mood and the impression I made - I explained why I was feeling that way and sincerely apologized. We had great conversation - some design questions, some software and web API.

Overall - great company, great tour, atmosphere, I really liked it, but the interview process wasn't that of a good experience for me :)

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Kareo

Anonymous Employee in Irvine, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Kareo (Irvine, CA) in August 2017.

Interview

First a phone interview with the manager to go through the company, the development team and my background. Making sure the role matches my experience.
    Two technical interviews, both started with talking about the company and my experience.
    One was more focused towards software architecture and the other one towards solving problems with algorithms.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Irvine, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at Kareo (Irvine, CA) in October 2016.

Interview

My opinion on the interviewers are that they were all professional-want-to-bes but just didn't have it and it showed. They asked for knowledge of noncoherent random technologies without agreeing or rebutting any of my answers.

Interview Questions

• Describe monorepo and named some of the issues that it can solve over traditional repos.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Irvine, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Kareo (Irvine, CA) in June 2018.

Interview

No organization on this place:
    The interview was a mess: one of the guys had only a week in the company, he asked a question that his coworker told him " we don't aske this question here.
    After that, the same new guy asked me a questions that he dreamed, then I response back "have you ever used that? do you use that here? and he said "no never.. sorry"
    The HR lady did a great job, but those guys ruined her job. Grow up you're not a top company, not Facebook or Google.

Interview Questions

• How do you reverse an array that only exists in my imagination? Can you response a question that my co-workers just told me I'm not suppose to ask?   1 Answer
    • Yes   Answer Question

Kareo Response

Jul 30, 2018 – Sr. Recruiter

Thank you for your feedback. We do our best to ensure a candidate has a positive experience, but it doesn't always work out that way. We do share the feedback with the team and hope to continue... More

Anonymous Employee in Irvine, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Kareo (Irvine, CA) in March 2018.

Interview

The process was very standard, phone screening and then onsite interview, the questions wasn't too difficult, the interviewers were very friendly, they asked some algorithm and design questions and answered all my questions
    I interviewed over 20 companies in the last month, and Kareo by far is the most professional company, they worked with me, answered my questions and concerns and didn't push me for a decision, they wanted to make sure it's good fit for both parties, and that's why i accepted their offer

Interview Questions

Kareo Response

Apr 2, 2018 – Sr. Recruiter

Thank you for providing your feedback. I am glad you had a great experience and welcome to the team!

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Irvine, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Kareo (Irvine, CA) in May 2013.

Interview

Recruiter reached out a few days after I applied. Was followed by a 1 hour phone interview with the hiring manager. Met in house with QA, development and operations teams. Solid technical teams overall. They put a very very heavy emphasis on cultural fits within various teams. I got the impression that most employees were overworked and would prefer to work for other companies. The technology stack isn't very cutting edge - (Java, Oracle, .NET and SQL Server). Technical questions ranged from basic data structures (linked lists and arrays) to implementing a numeric counter as well as development of a continuous delivery platform.

Interview Questions

• Given an arbitrary list of integers find the statistical mode returning them in a list.   3 Answers
    • What is the difference between a linked list and an array?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Irvine, CA

Interview

1 recruiter interview, 1 technical phone screen and 3 on site technical/behavioral interviews on the same day. Prepare your resume and some algorithms. What you say on the resume will be asked.

Anonymous Employee in Irvine, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Kareo (Irvine, CA) in September 2015.

Interview

It was a 3 round interview process. One phone with HR, second phone with hiring manager and the third on-site. HR call was simple resume stuff and asked a lot of questions about team and culture. Hiring manager asked to write a program online. I did it via collabedit. On-site, there were three engineers with 1 hour each. Each asked questions from the resume, a programming question and a design question.

Interview Questions

• Simple algorithms. Count unique characters in a string. Print a matrix   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Irvine, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Kareo (Irvine, CA) in February 2015.

Interview

Took 4 very long hours with at least 5 people (most were young). Had to be shifted from one conference room to another. A lot of white boarding solving abstract problems. Felt very Google like.

Interview Questions

• Sketch how to solve bogle   1 Answer
    • How would you write a program to solve soduku?   1 Answer
    • How would you diagram the architecture (client/server) for a pixel tracker?   1 Answer