Kareo User Experience Designer Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at Kareo

3.3

User Experience Designer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Irvine, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Kareo (Irvine, CA) in June 2015.

Interview

Kareo's interview process was incredibly consistent, thorough, and enjoyable. I had three phone interviews, before I was flown down for a day of in-person interviews at the HQ. It was a long day of talking with a lot of different people at various levels in the company, but it flew by. Each conversation was genuine and thought-invoking, and everyone's enthusiasm for the company and their work was palpable.

Within less than 24 hours of accepting Kareo's offer, at least 15 teammates and people I'd met throughout the day reached out via email to congratulate me, and to express how excited they are about having me on the team. This is the kind of company I want to work with.

Interview Questions

• How do you determine whether what you've made is "good design"?   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Kareo

User Experience Design Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at Kareo in November 2014.

Interview

I go to the University of Cincinnati in Ohio which is how I got the connection to Kareo in Irvine, CA. I had two extensive phone interviews and one follow-up HR call. The questions were thought-provoking and a tad difficult (they sparingly asked 'typical' interview questions). Each interview was about 45 minutes long with 15 minutes for me to ask questions. The interviewers were UX designers on the team I would be working with directly — a few of them for each interview — which was extremely helpful and relatable, but is what also made it challenging. The interviewers were extremely knowledgable and polite and had no problem elaborating further on their questions. I was nervous at first but with such a long interview I had time to answer thoroughly and after a while began to feel like a conversation.

Interview Questions

• I can't remember specifically the questions they asked (it was a few months ago), but one interview was targeted on the work and experience I had, so as I got into detail about my projects, their questions became more specific — I think it's situational, they build off of your responses.   Answer Question

Negotiation

I am only an intern but they had offered me less than what I had made in the past so I did negotiate a slight increase in pay. Also due to the fact that living costs are more expensive in California than Ohio, I wanted to make sure I could afford to live there.

User Experience Designer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Irvine, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Kareo (Irvine, CA) in November 2013.

Interview

I spoke with 2 of the other designers I would be working with, 2 or 3 product people and the recruiter. The questions were on topic and ranged from technical, to scenario questions like: "How would you handle situation xyz."

There was a large focus on a good cultural fit for both myself and the company. Everyone was very professional and was obviously very engaged with their work.

Interview Questions

• There was a question about executing a very specific need within a current offering. It was difficult to answer mostly because I felt like I didn't have enough domain knowledge and backstory to the scenario to provide a robust solution.

It ended up with the interviewer and I going through a few rounds of back and forth questioning, but I think we both worked through the problem/question well even with those speed bumps.   Answer Question