Kaspersky Lab Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Kaspersky Lab Interview Questions

Updated Jul 25, 2017

Head of Web Experience Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Kaspersky Lab (Boston, MA).

Interview

I was intrigued when I connected with the recruiter in regards to a position in their Massachusetts office. It was a good process and straightforward up until later stages when I was asked to put together an extensive presentation (30-45 minutes). After not being able to meet their request (2 days notice given), I asked to reschedule for the following week and they set me up with a team of five from management for the presentation.

I began working on the presentation, and then they let me know that the new date, unfortunately, wouldn't work on their end. Not a problem, we began discussing new dates for the following week and I continued to work on the large, detailed presentation they requested I put together. After receiving word back from one of the recruiters with a confirmed time and date, I thought everything was all set. Later that day I received an email from someone else in recruiting letting me know they were going to move forward with other candidates. I found it very unprofessional to ask for an individual to invest significant personal time into a presentation, and then out of nowhere telling me they aren't interested in moving forward.

I understand things happen but I found this process to be lacking professional courtesy and would not consider discussing opportunities with Kaspersky in the future.

Kaspersky Lab Response

Aug 8, 2017 – Head of HR NA (VP)

Hi! I'm so sorry about that. That is not a candidate's experience we want to deliver.
    Can you contact me on LinkedIn, please?
    Alena Reva
    VP of HR

Human Resources Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Woburn, MA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Kaspersky Lab (Woburn, MA) in April 2017.

Interview

I was called on the phone by the recruiter, and was immediately interested about the HR internship that was being explained to me. I had a long and thoughtful conversation and shortly after scheduled a time to come in for an on-site interview. As I sat down, everything was responsibly held and I was interview by the majority of the HR team. I felt valued and accepted and like I could be myself.

Interview Questions

• When you come across a problem that you do not know how to solve, how do you handle it?   Answer Question

Sales Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Kaspersky Lab in November 2016.

Interview

Went through four rounds and made it to the final three candidates. The initial HP screening call was pretty simple. I then moved on to the hiring manager, the VP of Channels and then had a face to face with the hiring manager in my respective city. Did not get the offer, but felt I was treated fairly and given a chance.

Interview Questions

• How would you hit the ground running if offered the position?   Answer Question

Event Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Kaspersky Lab (Boston, MA) in June 2016.

Interview

Easy and very friendly, no official questions. They asked me a lot about my past experience and qualification. The interview was positive and HR Manager answered all questions very clearly and politely. I didn't get a job, but I think this company has something to offer. I would better have prepared for uncommon questions more related to your experience than personality

Interview Questions

• Tell me about your favorite project   1 Answer

Systems Administrator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Woburn, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Kaspersky Lab (Woburn, MA) in February 2016.

Interview

Interviews were very flexible for me as they allowed me to have them on Skype, which is great as currently when someone is working, it is difficult to find a time to leave office to go to a physical interview

Interview Questions

• Job experience and how to's   1 Answer

Online Sales Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Kaspersky Lab in August 2015.

Interview

I know someone who works in this company and he passed my resume to the recruiting manager. I had a phone call with the recruiting manager first and another phone screen with the hiring manager. I wasn't offered any details on the next step in the hiring process and was told to expect an answer in about 2 weeks.

Management Position Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Kaspersky Lab (Boston, MA) in April 2015.

Interview

A couple weeks ago I applied for a management position at Kaspersky Lab via LinkedIn, and a couple days later a recruiter called me which was great. However, it was while I was working at my part-time job so I didn't exactly have ample opportunity to elaborate on my skills and salary requirements with my co-workers seated right next to me.

Unfortunately, the recruiter didn't email me or message me via InMail ahead of time to set up a time to speak so I could have been better prepared for the call. Instead, he dove right into questions without asking if that was a good time to speak so I may have come across as a disorganized candidate when that's far from the case.

Despite not being nearly as prepared as I would have liked for a position I would have been an ideal candidate for, I got the impression that I would still be speaking with or possibly meeting with a vice president from the company. The recruiter also emailed me after the screening interview with his contact information, but after sending him a thank you email that day I heard nothing from either him or the vice president and the position now appears to be closed or filled.

This isn't a sour grapes message by any means, but rather an opportunity for Kaspersky Lab to improve their hiring process. I would have loved the opportunity to work at Kaspersky Lab, or at the very least had a legitimate interview with someone from the company either on the phone or in person, as opposed to an ill-timed one-and-done screener, which was a first for me.

Interview Questions

• They asked for some background information.   1 Answer

Digital Marketing Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Kaspersky Lab (Boston, MA).

Interview

Talked to HR who was trying to sell me on a role. When asked if I'd be interested in a conversation with the hiring manager I said yes that is love to learn more about the role. He laughed and said the role was exactly what was outlined in the job description and that he would setup an interview for me. So basically I wasn't allowed to ask questions about the role. I said if the role consisted of the exact six bullet points listed in the JD I wasn't interested. Shocked that he didn't realize interviews are two way. No thanks!

Interview Questions

Kaspersky Lab Response

Apr 1, 2015 – Head of HR NA (VP)

Hi,
    Thank you for your review. Your feedback is important for us.

We're deeply sorry that we weren't able to properly assist you and provide you with the information that you needed on your... More

SMB Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Woburn, MA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Kaspersky Lab (Woburn, MA) in March 2015.

Interview

The interview process was consolidated into one day for me, as I had a job at the time, and I didn't want to have to take too much time, especially if things didn't work out there. They were very respectful of that, and basically had me meet with my future manager and the VP of Sales for NA. The process was not too challenging, if you have sales experience and an energetic personality. We discussed the usual sales questions, processes, and experience, but I think a lot of it was making sure I was a culture fit. No role plays, thank God, but at the same time, you gotta know how to ask the right questions and close them at the end.

I got the offer within the week and accepted. Great decision for me and them.

Interview Questions

• What is your greatest weakness?   1 Answer

Account Executive Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Woburn, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Kaspersky Lab (Woburn, MA) in October 2014.

Interview

I applied online. Initial phone screen with internal recruiter. Second phone screen with the hiring manager, and then I went in for an in person interview. I met with the three sales managers. Their personalities were varied, as were how they approached the interview. Standard sales interview process (explain current employer's sales process, forecasting, deal management, etc).

Interview Questions

• Nothing too difficult - explain sales process, forecasting experience, and sales cycle.   Answer Question