Katy ISD Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Nov 9, 2017

2.1

Teacher Interview

Anonymous Employee in Katy, TX

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Katy ISD (Katy, TX).

Interview

The interview is a panel interview, you will have several different levels of management on the team. They will ask question to assess your skill level and teaching experience.

Elementary Teacher Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Katy, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Katy ISD (Katy, TX) in August 2016.

Interview

The interview was in front of a panel, including the principal, assistant principal, and 5 grade level teachers. The interview was in round robin style, whereby each teacher asked a question from a list of 16 questions provided by the Katy ISD human resources department. Questions included tell us about your teaching experience, what can you contribute to our team, what does guided reading look like in your classroom, what does a math lesson look like in your class, how to do communicate with parents, how do you handle bad behavior issues in your class, what is your classroom management style, how will you contribute to the community of this school, what are some of your strengths, and how do you stay on top of current teaching trends. There is an opportunity at the end for you to ask questions. Be sure to interview the school back by asking detailed questions about their philosophy and overall school climate. I highly value collaboration, creativity and don't like uniform lesson plans and everyone having to follow scripted lessons. It was during this time that I realized that this school not be good fit for my teaching style and personality.

Financial Clerk Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Katy, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Katy ISD (Katy, TX) in July 2016.

Interview

Interview was informal. Interview consisted mainly of interviewer asking around 10 questions. The interviewer was very pleasant and reassuring. My follow up questions were addressed very thoroughly. Overall, good experience.

Interview Questions

• Name a specific instance where you have dealt with conflict at work.   1 Answer

Substitute Teacher Interview

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Katy ISD.

Interview

You attend a Sublitz session which is about 2-3 hours. First you take a reading comprehension test and complete an application. Then you wait in a line to go to another room where you receive a brief interview.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Katy ISD (Katy, TX) in November 2015.

Interview

Initial interview was at a job fair. A week later I had a professional interview. After the interview, I was told that I would here back in about a week if I was selected for the job. I got a call back in a week asking for me to get my fingerprints; this is when I knew I got the job.

Interview Questions

• They asked me if I knew how to pick up a box correctly and to demonstrate it.   Answer Question

Clerk Interview

Anonymous Employee in Katy, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 6+ weeks. I interviewed at Katy ISD (Katy, TX) in October 2015.

Interview

Filled out the online application that all prospective employees must fill out. After that, I turned in the required transcript and copy of my most recent job performance review along with the signature page. I then applied for positions online through Katy ISD as they came available. For each position, I submitted resumes & letters of interest to the proper person or department. I was called by the person doing interviews to schedule an interview time and date. Each interview had between 2 and 5 interviewers.

Elementary Clerk Interview

Anonymous Employee in Katy, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Katy ISD (Katy, TX).

Interview

One on one interview with the hiring principal at an offsite location since they scheduled my interview during a closed campus testing date. Sat down face to face and she read through a list of questions that were prepared in advance. Very basic questions asking about office background. Didnt really touch in any specifics in relation to how she planned to run her front office. Didn't fully disclose the actual duties for the clerk position.

Police Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Katy ISD.

Interview

Very straight forward easy process. You have finger prints a full back ground investigation. It was an average process. They will call you with a job over. HR is very nice and make the transition very easy

Interview Questions

Application

I interviewed at Katy ISD in August 2014.

Interview

I had a scheduled time, and when I arrived, you picked up the packet corresponding to your certification level. Then, they usher you to tables where you take a "Substitute Qualification Test." Not what I expected at all - it's the a portion of a high school English exam. After you take the test, the usher you to an interview room where they interview you of course. I'm guessing the interview questions are tailored to your education/experience level. Mine was brief and the questions were straight forward - but easy to answer since I've been a teacher for 7 years. After that, they let you know if you will be invited to training within a week. I got the email invitation one day later.

Interview Questions

• As a certified teacher, what will be the most challenging aspect for you of substituting?   Answer Question

Middle School Teacher Interview

Anonymous Employee in Katy, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Katy ISD (Katy, TX).

Interview

Submitted a letter of interest and resume to a campus. Received an e-mail from the campus secretary requesting an interview. Interviewed with an assistant principal, department chair, and a teacher in the department. Pretty standard interview; asked 10 or so generic questions and then asked if I had questions of my own.

Interview Questions

• What would you do to invest a student who is not interested in learning your subject?   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation; district sets pay level based on years of experience.