Kaufman Financial Group Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jan 25, 2017

2.7

Interviews for Top Jobs at Kaufman Financial Group

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Kaufman Financial Group.

Interview

Met with several managers at the interview. They all seemed like nice people. Shared information about the job and insurance industry. Asked about my previous experience and schooling. The environment and dress code is business professional. Nice building and artwork.

Sales Interview

Anonymous Employee in Loveland, CO

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at Kaufman Financial Group (Loveland, CO) in October 2016.

Interview

They will ask you if you are motivated to make money, if you understand the industry and are a hard worker. You need to travel once a month, all pay is commission based. Do you have the personality for sales? Will your family willingly sacrifice your time for you to travel? Are you willing to live in your sales territory?

Interview Questions

• Can you be sincere, genuine, work hard for the customer? Are you willing to travel? Are you teachable?   1 Answer

Administrative Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Farmington Hills, MI

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Kaufman Financial Group (Farmington Hills, MI) in May 2016.

Interview

Two separate people interviewed me and the recruiter sat in on both of them. The first person asked me normal, relative interview questions, and the the second person basically repeated the exact same questions. The interview questions seemed pretty extensive considering it was for a receptionist position. The second interviewer was somewhat rude, and picked apart my entire resume. A solid five minutes was spent questioning a very small scholarship I was awarded, and I was asked several questions about it, as if to see if I was lying about it. From my interview experience, many employers do not even care about a new college graduate's resume, considering it would not be expected to be that deep. They literally went through my entire employment history, asking about 3 or 4 questions for each job position I have held. As I mentioned, the questions really did not seem relevant to the job position at all.

Interview Questions

• Name a time in your previous job positions that you had to change the way you had been doing something and how did you change it?   Answer Question

Assistant Underwriter Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Farmington Hills, MI

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Kaufman Financial Group (Farmington Hills, MI) in March 2016.

Interview

First interviewed by HR representative and another employee, then second round is 4 employees and HR representative. Questions are repeated. HR representative told me I would hear back about a decision by the end of the week or early the next week. I never received any answer on the status which is disappointing because this company seemed to be very professional. I even sent a follow-up e-mail and did not receive a reply.

Interview Questions

• Name a time you went above and beyond with customer service.   Answer Question

Underwriting Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Farmington Hills, MI

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Kaufman Financial Group (Farmington Hills, MI) in February 2016.

Interview

I applied through my University's job board. The process itself took about 2 months, with a total of 4 rounds of interviews - 1 person with the current Underwriter and the recruiter, 1 with high-level employees (video call), 1 in person with another set of high-levels, and finally 1 in-person interview with the CEO.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Farmington Hills, MI

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Kaufman Financial Group (Farmington Hills, MI) in March 2015.

Interview

The actual interview process was quite normal. I had a phone interview followed by a face to face panel interview. After the panel interview, I spoke with the CFO and the head of human resources on the phone. I was told by them that people would receive offers within the next two business days.

Not only did I not receive an offer, I did not get any sort of rejection letter either. I tried multiple times getting a hold of the right people to find out the status of my application. I left a professional voice message and sent an email to the human resource representative I was in most contact with during this entire process. Even after contacting multiple times, I received no response whatsoever.

I am disappointed by the lack of professionalism by this company. At the very least, they owed me a proper rejection letter.

Interview Questions

• What do we owe you as an employer?
      What is your best quality?
      What is your worst quality?
      Tell me about yourself?
      Answer Question

Kaufman Financial Group Response

Sep 28, 2015 – Talent

Thank you for taking the time to write about your candidate experience with Kaufman Financial Group. We are deeply displeased to hear about the lack of communication between you and our employees ... More

Anonymous Employee in Farmington Hills, MI

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Kaufman Financial Group (Farmington Hills, MI) in February 2015.

Interview

The interview process went rather well. Standard phone interview, then face-to-face interview followed by phone call and offer. Each interviewer was very nice and engaging in conversation. It seems as though Kaufman Financial Group is interested in hiring smart, driven, team-players as opposed to technically skilled employees.

Interview Questions

• What do you plan on gaining through our internship program?   Answer Question

Kaufman Financial Group Response

Sep 28, 2015 – Talent

Thank you for your feedback! We are pleased to hear about your positive interview experience.

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Kaufman Financial Group.

Interview

15 minute phone interview followed by an in person interview with Human Resources, the department and then the head of the company (which was intimidating and I was surprised to be offered the job)

Compliance Assistant Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Kaufman Financial Group in June 2014.

Interview

"Nelly" left me a very short and hurried message on my voicemail asking me to call her about the position I recently applied for. (She made no mention that I would be out to an immediate phone interview) When returning her call, she was unpleasant and made absolutely no effort in going over the position requirements or the company's expectations. After discovering that my background was in legal compliance as opposed to insurance compliance, she actually used the words "I'll call you back." A more professional person would at least take the time to thank a candidate for applying. This company in in serious need of some professionalism.