Kean University Interview Questions in Union, NJ | Glassdoor

Updated May 3, 2017

2.2

Vice President Finance Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Union, NJ

Application

I applied online. The process took 6+ months. I interviewed at Kean University (Union, NJ) in October 2016.

Interview

The interview process was first organized with a screening/ Skype interview and then an in-person meeting with the search committee. The interview process was well organized with thoughtful questions by the committee members who represented a cross-section of the university.

Interview Questions

• Interview questions were a mix of behavioral questions, job specific, and additional questions on how one would handle some of the challenges facing the university.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Union, NJ

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Kean University (Union, NJ) in January 2016.

Interview

A Kean adviser recommended me the job. I emailed the director of media relations the same day and got an email back 2 days later to meet face-to-face for an interview. Interviewer was very passionate about Kean and was very personable. Asked to see some writing samples. (press releases, etc)

Student Ambassador Interview

Anonymous Employee in Union, NJ

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Kean University (Union, NJ) in August 2015.

Interview

The process is simple. You apply in person by filling out a questionnaire about previous jobs, basic personal information, major and year of graduation. Depending on when you applied, it will take a little bit of time to get back to you. If you receive a phone call for an in-person interview, then you are on the right track. Two weeks after the in-person interview you will receive either an email or phone call about whether or not you obtained the role.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Be yourself. If you're not meant for the role, then you're not meant for it.

Biology Adjunct Professor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Union, NJ

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Kean University (Union, NJ) in July 2015.

Interview

I actually knew the Executive Director. He was my former professor so it was pretty informal. He asked how I was doing and my experiences. We reflected on his class. He offered me a class to teach and a week and a half to think it over. He is very blunt so be careful. He wants to make sure you can handle a class so say you will stick to your rules and be on top of cheating.

Interview Questions

• In what ways will you show your students that you are in charge?   Answer Question
    • What is your policy on cheating? How will you reduce cheating?   Answer Question

Computer Lab Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Union, NJ

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Kean University (Union, NJ).

Interview

there is nothing that i can talk about. the person who gave the interview ask me to introduce myself, and the software that i can use and that is it.

Anonymous Employee in Union, NJ

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Kean University (Union, NJ) in July 2014.

Interview

Meet at date and time to be interviewed. I came to the departments main office asked for the relevant person and walked in to be interviewed. The process was an easy one because they are not too strict when it comes to hiring student workers. You must maintain a GPA of 3.0 and be a full-time student to be eligible.

Interview Questions

• Are you able to work part time?   1 Answer

Audio Visual Interview

Anonymous Employee in Union, NJ

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Kean University (Union, NJ) in May 2014.

Interview

Met with supervisor. Are you a team player? and when would I be able to start? Interview was short and straight to the point. Very easy and friendly as well

Director Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Union, NJ

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Kean University (Union, NJ) in January 2014.

Interview

The Interviews I had was with two people the Assistant Dean of College of Business at Kean and the Director of The Office of Internship. One meeting and they decided that day to hire me.

Interview Questions

• They asked me if I was flexible enough to work and to train.   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Union, NJ

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Kean University (Union, NJ) in September 2013.

Interview

Questions involving the department and job duties from the department head. Will let you know if you received the job and introduce you to your colleagues and supervisors. after you will receive your schedule and you report in and will be given your duties. Certain departments have training days.

Academic Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Union, NJ

Application

I applied online. The process took 12+ months. I interviewed at Kean University (Union, NJ) in March 2013.

Interview

I filled out an application in May 2012. I received a call from them in March 2013. I interview with them the next week. I was hired that day. I started working 2 weeks after that.

Interview Questions

• Do you have experience working in an office?   1 Answer

Negotiation

No negotiations