Keiser University Admissions Counselor Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Nov 16, 2017

2.3

30 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lakeland, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Keiser University (Lakeland, FL) in November 2017.

Interview

First interview was a group one that last about 45 minutes with a 5 minute break 30 minutes in after the brief of the position and info about the University. After the 5 minutes, if anyone thought the position was not what they expected, they could leave.

Second interview was a one on one with the DOA. Honestly, it was too quick of an interview and it seemed like the DOA didn't take the time to even look at my resume as the person was late to begin with.

Interview Questions

• If you were offered the position, what could you bring to the position?   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for Keiser University

Admissions Counselor Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Keiser University.

Interview

In a group interview, she discussed the entire job in detail. Then told us we could leave if we didnt think that we were right for the job, then she asked us a few questions and we could respond if we wanted to.

Interview Questions

• What would be the most frustrating part of this job for you?   Answer Question

Admissions Counselor Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Keiser University.

Interview

Typical group interview process; very informative about the college history and the career itself; the manager's true personality shone through at the interview process - and it was a good, relaxing personality

Admissions Counselor Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Keiser University.

Interview

HR sent an email to complete a personality test. Director of Admissions called me in for an In person interview. Met with DOA, and the associate director. Job was offered after.

Admissions Counselor Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3+ weeks. I interviewed at Keiser University.

Interview

I actually interviewed for a different position and was recommended for this one instead based off of a personality assessment: it wound up being a good call, a much better fit, & better pay.

Personality assessment filled out online first: answer based on the job you want, not the job you have, but still true to what you would actually do.

Then 3 interviews: 1 with Director first (you also meet the assistant directors same day), 1 with Campus President, and 1 phone interview with Vice Chancellor

Director and assistant directors very up front about challenges, benefits/salary, and answering any questions I had. I felt like there could have been more mention about how it can feel like a call center some days, but I knew that going in because of the reviews on Glassdoor. The interviews with upper management set tone for company culture, expectations, and plan for growth to make sure I'd be a right fit. The management believes in what they do and how they can change lives: I left every interview feeling like I really wanted to work for this company because of that.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you had to influence someone in making a decision.   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Saint Petersburg, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Keiser University (Saint Petersburg, FL) in February 2017.

Interview

I was e-mailed an online personality assessment before being asked to interview. The process started with a group interview including three other people, and it lasted about one and a half hours. This was followed by one-on-one interview with the admissions director also lasting one and a half hours. Next came a meeting with Campus President and the quality of questions improved significantly. Finally, a phone conference with the regional admissions coordinator.

Interview Questions

• Describe how you have impacted someone's life
      Where do you see yourself in ten years?
      Why would you be good at this job?
      What previous sales experience do you have?   Answer Question

Admission Counselor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fort Lauderdale, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Keiser University (Fort Lauderdale, FL) in November 2016.

Interview

Called you tell you to come in you interview with one Asst
    Dir very concerned about the idea of making 100 plus phone calls a day they ask you about work schedule weekends and evenings never spoke about salary the whole interview was about 20!min then asked me to take a personality test weeks past they
    Never call back
    Very bad communication

Interview Questions

• Do you have a problem making up to 100 phone calls a day   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Jacksonville, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Keiser University (Jacksonville, FL) in August 2016.

Interview

first interview was a group interview. About 10 applicants, 3 or 4 interviewers. Each interviewer asked a question, and one by one the applicants gave their answers. An interesting thing was after a short description of some of the features of the job (the unattractive stuff, like making lots of phone calls, working 2 evenings/week, using technology to do the job, and there being "expectations" that counselors are expected to meet, the interviewers left the room for a few minutes so that anyone who didn't like the sound of these aspects could leave if they wanted to.).

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when you had a conflict with a supervisor, and how you handled it.
      Can you sum up your philosophy of education?
      describe a significant personal challenge and how you overcame it.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Daytona Beach, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Keiser University (Daytona Beach, FL).

Interview

Took a long time. Had one group interview and then three more interviews: one with director, one with campus president, and one with vice chancellor, or whatever his title is. The guy is a real character. Tries to psychoanalyze everyone.

Interview Questions

• Why are you here? Why admissions? How do you feel about making 100 phone calls per day? How do you feel about meeting enrollment numbers? I also had to take an aptitude test.   1 Answer

Admissions Counselor Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Keiser University.

Interview

Easy, they are desperate for new hires. All you need is a degree and pass personality test. Phone screening first, in face with two other people. Call the next day, background check and verified graduation date completed. Call and gave you a start date. Interview questions are call center related, easy.