Keiser University Admissions Counselor Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Keiser University Admissions Counselor Interview Questions

Updated Apr 5, 2017

2.3

Admissions Counselor Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Keiser University.

Interview

HR sent an email to complete a personality test. Director of Admissions called me in for an In person interview. Met with DOA, and the associate director. Job was offered after.

Other Interview Reviews for Keiser University

Admissions Counselor Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3+ weeks. I interviewed at Keiser University.

Interview

I actually interviewed for a different position and was recommended for this one instead based off of a personality assessment: it wound up being a good call, a much better fit, & better pay.

Personality assessment filled out online first: answer based on the job you want, not the job you have, but still true to what you would actually do.

Then 3 interviews: 1 with Director first (you also meet the assistant directors same day), 1 with Campus President, and 1 phone interview with Vice Chancellor

Director and assistant directors very up front about challenges, benefits/salary, and answering any questions I had. I felt like there could have been more mention about how it can feel like a call center some days, but I knew that going in because of the reviews on Glassdoor. The interviews with upper management set tone for company culture, expectations, and plan for growth to make sure I'd be a right fit. The management believes in what they do and how they can change lives: I left every interview feeling like I really wanted to work for this company because of that.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you had to influence someone in making a decision.   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Saint Petersburg, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Keiser University (Saint Petersburg, FL) in February 2017.

Interview

I was e-mailed an online personality assessment before being asked to interview. The process started with a group interview including three other people, and it lasted about one and a half hours. This was followed by one-on-one interview with the admissions director also lasting one and a half hours. Next came a meeting with Campus President and the quality of questions improved significantly. Finally, a phone conference with the regional admissions coordinator.

Interview Questions

• Describe how you have impacted someone's life
      Where do you see yourself in ten years?
      Why would you be good at this job?
      What previous sales experience do you have?
      Answer Question

Admission Counselor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fort Lauderdale, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Keiser University (Fort Lauderdale, FL) in November 2016.

Interview

Called you tell you to come in you interview with one Asst
    Dir very concerned about the idea of making 100 plus phone calls a day they ask you about work schedule weekends and evenings never spoke about salary the whole interview was about 20!min then asked me to take a personality test weeks past they
    Never call back
    Very bad communication

Interview Questions

• Do you have a problem making up to 100 phone calls a day   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Jacksonville, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Keiser University (Jacksonville, FL) in August 2016.

Interview

first interview was a group interview. About 10 applicants, 3 or 4 interviewers. Each interviewer asked a question, and one by one the applicants gave their answers. An interesting thing was after a short description of some of the features of the job (the unattractive stuff, like making lots of phone calls, working 2 evenings/week, using technology to do the job, and there being "expectations" that counselors are expected to meet, the interviewers left the room for a few minutes so that anyone who didn't like the sound of these aspects could leave if they wanted to.).

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when you had a conflict with a supervisor, and how you handled it.
      Can you sum up your philosophy of education?
      describe a significant personal challenge and how you overcame it.
      Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Daytona Beach, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Keiser University (Daytona Beach, FL).

Interview

Took a long time. Had one group interview and then three more interviews: one with director, one with campus president, and one with vice chancellor, or whatever his title is. The guy is a real character. Tries to psychoanalyze everyone.

Interview Questions

• Why are you here? Why admissions? How do you feel about making 100 phone calls per day? How do you feel about meeting enrollment numbers? I also had to take an aptitude test.   1 Answer

Admissions Counselor Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Keiser University.

Interview

Easy, they are desperate for new hires. All you need is a degree and pass personality test. Phone screening first, in face with two other people. Call the next day, background check and verified graduation date completed. Call and gave you a start date. Interview questions are call center related, easy.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sarasota, FL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Keiser University (Sarasota, FL) in April 2016.

Interview

It has been very long and tedious. It's three separate interviews: group, one-on-one, then one-on-one with President and director. You would think you were getting ready to protect the president!

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sarasota, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Keiser University (Sarasota, FL) in April 2016.

Interview

Applied online. Interview with DOA was excellent impressed with my 15 years of experience and wanted me to meet the president. I was misled and received email "we have decided to move on with another candidate that we feel is more qualified." Unbelievable. I was a top-producer. It's truly their loss.

Anonymous Employee in Clearwater, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 10+ months. I interviewed at Keiser University (Clearwater, FL) in January 2016.

Interview

Way too long...they wanted a someone with a Master's degree, which was ridiculous because it was a call enter. I will admit that I did not heed the Glassdoor reviews because I needed a job. Big mistake...I hope this will help others not do the same.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work at Keiser?   1 Answer

Negotiation

No negotiation...but the offer was decent. When I went there for work, it was confusing because all I did was call old contacts that literally thought we were a joke.