Keller Williams Interview Questions in Austin, TX | Glassdoor

2.5

23 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Consumer Research Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Keller Williams (Austin, TX) in December 2016.

Interview

There were several touchpoints: phone screen, personality test, and two in-person interviews each about 2.5 hours long. One of the interviews is an in-depth review of the personality test and the second was even more interest in "fit." It seems that Keller Williams is really interested in finding someone who has the right personality makeup vs. somebody who has meaningful experience and would be able to contribute well to their overall goals. I was surprised at how little the conversation focused on my core competencies vs. a basal operating mode.

Interview Questions

• How are you motivated? What would you be telling people about yourself 5 years from now?   Answer Question

IT Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

Application

The process took 6+ weeks. I interviewed at Keller Williams (Austin, TX).

Interview

Longer process centered around personality test and job fit based on the results. They definitely contact the references and try to get them to give them more people to talk to

Interview Questions

• Same standard questions. Tell me about a time things when wrong, how did you react, etc.   Answer Question

Production Artist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Keller Williams (Austin, TX) in February 2016.

Interview

This is a quick run down of the interview process: A 20-30 minute phone interview which led to an online personality assessment (quiz) then an in-person review of the assessment then another online personality assessment and an in-person follow up to the second personality assessment. If I had gone further with the interview process, the next phase required 15 references. If my references cleared, I'd receive an official job interview with a group panel. However, even if I was offered the position I'm still not guaranteed the job. The department has to defend their reason for wanting to hire me to HR. If I passed, then I'd get the job. Overall, the interview process seemed too extensive for an entry level, graphic design position.

Interview Questions

• Did I agree with the positive and negative characteristics of my personality?   1 Answer

Project Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Keller Williams (Austin, TX).

Interview

The process took about 2.5 months. 1st - Phone Interview. Once passed I was asked to take a personality test. 2nd- Interview was going over the personality test. Asked to take another personality test 3rd- Interview going over 2nd personality test. 4th - Interview where they ask you to go over your life story in DETAIL. Which in my opinion, is intrusive and nothing to do with you being a competent employee. I felt pressured to share things that I normally wouldn't share with a co-worker. Later, they requested 15 references. I was told they (wait for it!) can only give an offer once a reference gives a reference and that reference gives another reference. Which is crap because the industry standard is 3! What makes it worse because 15 references weren't enough. Also I found out, without my permission, they all called all of my past bosses! Outside of my 15 already supplied references. I completely think they crossed so many personal boundaries with the interview process and calling old bosses without my permission. I declined the job because if they are willing to cross this many boundaries as a potential employee, what are they going to ask of you when you are gainfully employed. I have never felt so violated from an employer.

Administrative Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Keller Williams (Austin, TX) in May 2015.

Interview

Did a brief personality test after having my resume and cover letter screened. Moved forward for a phone interview, then had an in-person interview that lasted two and a half hours. Basic questions.

Event Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Keller Williams (Austin, TX) in May 2015.

Interview

I applied and received a phone interview within a few days after. I didnt live in Austin and was planning on moving down in the next coming months. Over that time period, I had undergone multiple phone interviews and personality tests. They didnt pay for my airfare when I had an in person interview.

Interview Questions

• They asked about my past failures and achievements as well as my future.   Answer Question

Client Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Keller Williams (Austin, TX) in March 2015.

Interview

I filled out the online application and received a call back about 3 weeks later. I had a phone screening the following week and was called back and asked to do a DISC assessment. The next day I heard back asking to meet in person to discuss results. That evening I was emailed the AVA assessment to take. I heard back a couple of days later to set up a meeting to go over those results. This is where I am at in the process.

Interview Questions

• What management style do you prefer? (i.e. hands on/hands off)   1 Answer
    • What do you dislike about your current job/supervisor?   1 Answer

Realtor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Keller Williams (Austin, TX) in January 2015.

Interview

I interviewed with a nice lady who presented me with a bunch of paperwork and a book to read. I was told of the opportunities and shown around the building and told of the advantages of working there. They explained the commission split and how things worked. Pretty standard. Overall it's a real estate company so they are just trying to get as many people in there as possible. It would be quite difficult to not get selected, since even if you completely fail as an agent, you'll still be paying them fees.

Interview Questions

• They asked what my favorite part of real estate was. They also asked if I would prefer to work on my own or on a team.   Answer Question

They'll Take Almost Anyone Interview

Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Keller Williams (Austin, TX) in January 2015.

Interview

The interview is more like an MLM presentation. You first talk to the person who is to be your sponsor (who will make a cut of everything you and anyone you bring into the organization makes). Next, you get a tour of the impressive office and get invited to speak with the team leader. If you're willing to sign the paperwork and pay the fees, you're in.

Interview Questions

• Why are you interested in real estate?   1 Answer

Negotiation

There really isn't a negotiation phase. Very much like other MLMs, if you are willing to pay to get in, you're in.

Realtor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Keller Williams (Austin, TX) in October 2014.

Interview

Very brief interview, no problem getting in the door. KW reminds me of a Realtor mill and seem to be interested in getting you in the door and not providing needed mentoring without charging for it. They stress that new realtors must take classes like BOLD and other coaching classes, attend Family Reunion and other expensive classes that can run $800 or more. Their charges are high compared to smaller brokers in the city and although the Austin market is very good, their high pressure tactics to get you to shell out more money are shameful.

Interview Questions

• What's Your Real Estate Goal?   1 Answer