Kellogg Company Interview Questions | Glassdoor

2.9

1. Featured Interview

Manufacturing Reliability Site Resource Interview

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Kellogg Company (Atlanta, GA) in December 2016.

Interview

1) I was phone screened by the corporate recruiter which lasted 40 minutes. This was about two weeks after I applied.
    2) I was phone interviewed by the hiring manager two days later which took about 1 hour 45 minutes. He was very professional about the position and connected on a personal level as well. I was impressed at this first contact.
    3) I was asked to do a phone interview with the plant operation director, the hiring manager, and the HR manager. I asked for an on-site interview and was granted one three business days later. I also got a plant tour.
    4) I was offered the job the following day.

Interview Questions

• Tell us about a time when you most effectively used your reliability skills.   Answer Question
    • Tell us about a specific time when you were instrumental in the direction of a continuous improvement project.   Answer Question
    • What about this position attracts you?   Answer Question
    • Describe your ideal job.   Answer Question

Social Media Coordinator Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Kellogg Company.

Interview

Went through majority of the interview process only to find out that the applicant must still be enrolled in classes. Did not work out because I was graduating within the month. Would have appreciated not wasting time -- as my graduation date was written on my resume.

Interview Questions

• What is your experience with tracking KPI's on marketing campaigns?   1 Answer

Middle Management Position Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Kellogg Company in May 2017.

Interview

The Process:
    Applied online and two weeks later had a phone screen with a talent acquisition manager. One week later had a phone interview with the hiring manager and his staff. Two weeks later was an in-person panel interview with the hiring manager and his staff.

The phone screenings were rather formalities that basically just confirmed things on my resume. However, the in-person panel interviews were a bit tougher behavior (tell me about a time when) questions.

The process went smoothly until its conclusion. It felt like the in-person interview went great. The team and I seemed to hit it off and I was taken on a very thorough tour. It even went so far as the hiring manager and one of the staff members making living arrangement/relocation suggestions immediately after the interview. However, three weeks went by and there was not a single bit of communication after the interview. Despite multiple attempts to follow-up with the headquarters HR contacts that were given to me, I received absolutely no feedback. I'm not even sure if I'll be getting my related travel expenses reimbursed. Not the conclusion I come to expect from a Fortune 500 with as much history as Kellogg...

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you developed a subordinate.   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a time when you used both internal and external information to generate a new idea and solve a problem.   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a time when you used analytical data to solve a problem.   Answer Question

May 24, 2017 – Talent Acquisition Team Member

Thank you for your feedback. This is disappointing news to hear we have not created a positive recruiting experience for you—our team will take this feedback as a reminder to prioritize the ... More

IT Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Battle Creek, MI

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Kellogg Company (Battle Creek, MI) in May 2017.

Interview

Phone interview with HR. Phone interview with hiring manager. Onsite interview with 6 person panel followed up with 1 on 1 interviews with the panel. Long process with multiple stops and lots of different conversations with different people.

Interview Questions

• Describe your knowledge of predicitve models?   1 Answer

Customer Contract Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in La Palma, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ weeks. I interviewed at Kellogg Company (La Palma, CA) in May 2017.

Interview

I applied online and was contacted via email to schedule a phone interview with the recruiter however, when I got the call I interviewed via phone with two recruiters that went well. Final phase I had the in person panel interview with three people where they asked Behavioral questions - was advised they would make a decision by the end of business however, I never heard back from this employer. I was advised I would hear back even if they decided to go internal -which makes me think this employer just met an internal policy of interviewing me to meet internal policy guidelines. I was more than qualified for this role so I won't take it personal you will find that some businesses do this however, this is frustrating for candidates that are eagerly seeking employment. I also made one attempt in emailing the recruiter with no response.

Interview Questions

Kellogg Company Response

Jun 22, 2017 – Talent Acquisition Team Member

Thank you for interviewing with Kellogg! We are sorry that the response time in receiving communication regarding your interview was longer than you anticipated. Our practice is to ensure everyone ... More

Associate Director Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Battle Creek, MI

Application

Interview

1st round is HR personnel screening that lasted about 20 minutes and all practical behavioral questions. I was told i'm " on the list" for second round with the hiring manager, then after i did 3 follow ups over the 2.5 weeks after the initial interview I was told "oh you were emailed last week but guess you didnt read it, we're going with someone else." To place the blame on the candidate for their lack of follow-up contact is utterly unprofessional and unnecessary.

Interview Questions

• All behavioral questions from the HR screening: "tell me about a time when you have difficult stakeholders that you have to convince"   Answer Question

Jun 22, 2017 – Talent Acquisition Team Member

Thank you for interviewing with Kellogg! We are so sorry that’s how the information was conveyed; it’s definitely not your fault. The fact is, since we have a high volume of candidates in the ... More

Truck Driver Interview

Anonymous Employee in Tampa Palms, FL

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Kellogg Company (Tampa Palms, FL).

Interview

This was over 5 years ago I do not recall the interview all that well. It was fairly quick and easy, but I do not recall any specifics about the interview process.

Account Executive Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tampa, FL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Kellogg Company (Tampa, FL) in April 2017.

Interview

Panel Interview, Behavioral interview questions. I interview over Skype to a 3 person panel, it lacked engagement from the panel. Very typical questions, no surprise questions. I presented a live resume as my presentation.

Interview Questions

• How would you manage trade spend as an account executive?   Answer Question

Merchandiser Interview

Anonymous Employee in Benicia, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Kellogg Company (Benicia, CA).

Interview

Interviewer was late met at a Starbucks talked for 15 minutes. Ask questions like do you have a reliable vehicle can you work weekends and holidays very basic and simple I guess they are desperate for people in this area.

Student Support Interview

Anonymous Employee in Grand Rapids, MI

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Kellogg Company (Grand Rapids, MI) in January 2017.

Interview

I had a "group" interview with two people, they asked about my resume and then asked 4 behavioral questions. The interview took about 30 minutes. I got a call a week later offering me a position.