Kellogg Company Interview Questions | Glassdoor

2.9

1. Featured Interview

Manufacturing Reliability Site Resource Interview

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Kellogg Company (Atlanta, GA) in December 2016.

Interview

1) I was phone screened by the corporate recruiter which lasted 40 minutes. This was about two weeks after I applied.
    2) I was phone interviewed by the hiring manager two days later which took about 1 hour 45 minutes. He was very professional about the position and connected on a personal level as well. I was impressed at this first contact.
    3) I was asked to do a phone interview with the plant operation director, the hiring manager, and the HR manager. I asked for an on-site interview and was granted one three business days later. I also got a plant tour.
    4) I was offered the job the following day.

Interview Questions

• Tell us about a time when you most effectively used your reliability skills.   1 Answer
    • Tell us about a specific time when you were instrumental in the direction of a continuous improvement project.   Answer Question
    • What about this position attracts you?   Answer Question
    • Describe your ideal job.   Answer Question

Procurement Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Kellogg Company.

Interview

I met them at the career fair where I talked about myself and asked questions about the company. They were really nice and offered me an interview for the following day. I thought I did really well, because they were saying 'impressive', 'that's really nice', but they never got back to me.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you had to work with people from different backgrounds.   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a time when you had to step up in a team and what were the results.   Answer Question

Financial Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Kellogg Company.

Interview

I applied for the position online and heard back from the corporate recruiter within 3 weeks. I had a phone interview with the corporate recruiter that lasted approximately 30 minutes. The recruiter then sent my application to the hiring manager. I was texted approximately one week later by the corporate recruiter to set up a phone interview with the hiring manager. The phone interview with the hiring manager lasted about 30 minutes and I was told that I would be contacted if advanced in the process. The next day the hiring manager asked me to do an in-person/panel interview at the plant. I did the in-person/panel interview the following week and was offered the job the day after the interview.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time where you had to be a leader and how you performed as a leader.   Answer Question

Delivery Driver Interview

Anonymous Employee in Fargo, ND

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Kellogg Company (Fargo, ND).

Interview

Biggest thing in the interview was whether or not I would be able to catch on to the type of work involved. If I would be able to make it on time to work. Hours were very early morning hours. Start time was anywhere from 1:30am-4:30am.

Interview Questions

• Did I think I would be able to handle the start times?   1 Answer

Director Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kalamazoo, MI

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Kellogg Company (Kalamazoo, MI) in December 2017.

Interview

Phone screen with a recruiter; then phone screen with hiring manager; then onsite interviews if you make it that far. I didn't have a great experience with their recruiters. They seemed sort of bored, rote, not a great first impression. Also 30 minutes prior to the interview and still no one had emailed me the name of my interviewer or the contact information. When I did have the interview with the hiring manager over the phone it was a nice conversation. (Although I think I scared her away with my salary requirements.) She said that I would hear something from them either way "after the holidays." I never heard anything. From anyone, ever. Now, I get it if I was vastly under-qualified and had wasted her time (and if she hadn't told me that I would hear from them). But that was not the case here. And even if you don't take the time to personally call me back, at least the respect of an email to let me know you've moved on to other candidates?

I was already a little wary of Kellogg. I've heard bad things about their culture from multiple people who have left (and some who are still stuck there). I was already not convinced the role was for me, just investigating. This just confirmed it for me, that they don't have a culture of people-first and respect. I was on the fence but this helped tremendously--I probably won't apply to another position there.

Interview Questions

Kellogg Company Response

Jan 22, 2018 – HR Leadership

Thank you for your feedback and I’m sorry this was your experience; it’s definitely not the typical first impression we’d like to make. This is absolutely disappointing news to hear —and I’d like to... More

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Kellogg Company.

Interview

Came into a recruiting event at my local university and then that led to a phone interview and then asked to come in for a second interview at the headquarters.

Interview Questions

• What are your greatest strengths?   1 Answer

Supply Chain Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Kellogg Company.

Interview

Had an on-campus interview with 2 representatives. They were very nice and asked behavior based questions. I was contacted a couple weeks later and invited to come in for a plant tour. Did the tour with one other applicant.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when you had to improvise on a project due to an unexpected obstacle.   Answer Question

IT Interview

Anonymous Employee in East Lansing, MI

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Kellogg Company (East Lansing, MI) in October 2017.

Interview

Talked to them at my college's career fair and then had a 30 minute interview the following day with a recruiter and a senior IT analyst. Most questions were personality based and lightly touched on my computer skills.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time you had to be creative or innovative to solve a problem.   Answer Question

Supply Chain Interview

Anonymous Employee in Battle Creek, MI

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3+ weeks. I interviewed at Kellogg Company (Battle Creek, MI) in October 2017.

Interview

Spoke with them at my school’s career fair. Got an interview, but due to interning out of state, they thankfully worked with me and i had a phone interview. One of the hardest and most detail oriented interviews Ive ever had.

Interview Questions

• Name a time you were put in a position that you had to tell someone above you that they were wrong.   Answer Question

Summer Finance Interview

Anonymous Employee in Kalamazoo, MI

Application

The process took 6+ weeks. I interviewed at Kellogg Company (Kalamazoo, MI) in October 2017.

Interview

I spoke to the recruiters from Kellogg at my universities business career fair and interviewed the next day with 2 recruiters that I met at the fair. They were very friendly and went over what the program entailed and followed up with behavioral interview questions. I had a great feeling about this interview and felt it was a good match. 2 weeks later I was notified that I was not moving on in the process. Then I get a call from a recruiter a month later letting me know that I was being offered the position after room was made for me.

Internship Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Philadelphia, PA

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Kellogg Company (Philadelphia, PA) in September 2017.

Interview

Very friendly interviewers: wanted to know me as a potential intern and person. Behavioral-based interview. The process itself did not take very long, probably around 40 minutes. Bring a resume because many of the questions will come straight from what they see on it.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time you were put in a difficult situation. What tools did you use to get out of said situation?   Answer Question