Kellogg Company Interview Questions | Glassdoor

2.9

1. Featured Interview

Manufacturing Reliability Site Resource Interview

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Kellogg Company (Atlanta, GA) in December 2016.

Interview

1) I was phone screened by the corporate recruiter which lasted 40 minutes. This was about two weeks after I applied.
    2) I was phone interviewed by the hiring manager two days later which took about 1 hour 45 minutes. He was very professional about the position and connected on a personal level as well. I was impressed at this first contact.
    3) I was asked to do a phone interview with the plant operation director, the hiring manager, and the HR manager. I asked for an on-site interview and was granted one three business days later. I also got a plant tour.
    4) I was offered the job the following day.

Interview Questions

• Tell us about a time when you most effectively used your reliability skills.   1 Answer
    • Tell us about a specific time when you were instrumental in the direction of a continuous improvement project.   Answer Question
    • What about this position attracts you?   Answer Question
    • Describe your ideal job.   Answer Question

Operations Supervisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Detroit, MI

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Kellogg Company (Detroit, MI) in March 2018.

Interview

Applied online, selected time slot and the recruiter called. The entire interview lasted 30 minutes, scheduled time slot online. Recruiter was punctual and asked the basic questions, had a scripted list of questions and thought it should have been a time to get to know me.

Interview Questions

• What experience or training do you have with Lean Manufacturing?   1 Answer

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Kellogg Company.

Interview

Fast interview process. Phone interview with hr, then a face to face, then one last phone interview. Standard interview with situation,action and results type questions. Tell me about a time....

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you dealt with a difficult customer   1 Answer

Procurement Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Kellogg Company.

Interview

I met them at the career fair where I talked about myself and asked questions about the company. They were really nice and offered me an interview for the following day. I thought I did really well, because they were saying 'impressive', 'that's really nice', but they never got back to me.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you had to work with people from different backgrounds.   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a time when you had to step up in a team and what were the results.   Answer Question

IT Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 6+ months. I interviewed at Kellogg Company (Chicago, IL) in January 2018.

Interview

Standard process. HR phone screen, manager call, onsite panel.

The downside is that follow ups were always later than stated, at least by a week. Also, after almost 5 hours of total interviewing, a call or email, one way or another, is pretty much, common courtesy. Does not leave a good impression of the professionalism or respect to employees shown by Kelloggs. I will not be applying for any other positions.

Interview Questions

• Typical behavior response questions -- They as for examples of what you did in different scenarios/situations   1 Answer

Financial Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Kellogg Company.

Interview

I applied for the position online and heard back from the corporate recruiter within 3 weeks. I had a phone interview with the corporate recruiter that lasted approximately 30 minutes. The recruiter then sent my application to the hiring manager. I was texted approximately one week later by the corporate recruiter to set up a phone interview with the hiring manager. The phone interview with the hiring manager lasted about 30 minutes and I was told that I would be contacted if advanced in the process. The next day the hiring manager asked me to do an in-person/panel interview at the plant. I did the in-person/panel interview the following week and was offered the job the day after the interview.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time where you had to be a leader and how you performed as a leader.   Answer Question

Delivery Driver Interview

Anonymous Employee in Fargo, ND

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Kellogg Company (Fargo, ND).

Interview

Biggest thing in the interview was whether or not I would be able to catch on to the type of work involved. If I would be able to make it on time to work. Hours were very early morning hours. Start time was anywhere from 1:30am-4:30am.

Interview Questions

• Did I think I would be able to handle the start times?   1 Answer

Director Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kalamazoo, MI

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Kellogg Company (Kalamazoo, MI) in December 2017.

Interview

Phone screen with a recruiter; then phone screen with hiring manager; then onsite interviews if you make it that far. I didn't have a great experience with their recruiters. They seemed sort of bored, rote, not a great first impression. Also 30 minutes prior to the interview and still no one had emailed me the name of my interviewer or the contact information. When I did have the interview with the hiring manager over the phone it was a nice conversation. (Although I think I scared her away with my salary requirements.) She said that I would hear something from them either way "after the holidays." I never heard anything. From anyone, ever. Now, I get it if I was vastly under-qualified and had wasted her time (and if she hadn't told me that I would hear from them). But that was not the case here. And even if you don't take the time to personally call me back, at least the respect of an email to let me know you've moved on to other candidates?

I was already a little wary of Kellogg. I've heard bad things about their culture from multiple people who have left (and some who are still stuck there). I was already not convinced the role was for me, just investigating. This just confirmed it for me, that they don't have a culture of people-first and respect. I was on the fence but this helped tremendously--I probably won't apply to another position there.

Interview Questions

Kellogg Company Response

Jan 22, 2018 – HR Leadership

Thank you for your feedback and I’m sorry this was your experience; it’s definitely not the typical first impression we’d like to make. This is absolutely disappointing news to hear —and I’d like to... More

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Kellogg Company.

Interview

Came into a recruiting event at my local university and then that led to a phone interview and then asked to come in for a second interview at the headquarters.

Interview Questions

• What are your greatest strengths?   1 Answer

Human Resources Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Kellogg Company in November 2017.

Interview

The interview consisted of 3 phone screens. The process took months and one of the interviews kept having phone issues and dropping my call. She missed half of what I was saying and didn't bother to try and re-schedule.

Supply Chain Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Kellogg Company.

Interview

Had an on-campus interview with 2 representatives. They were very nice and asked behavior based questions. I was contacted a couple weeks later and invited to come in for a plant tour. Did the tour with one other applicant.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when you had to improvise on a project due to an unexpected obstacle.   Answer Question