Kellogg Company Interview Questions | Glassdoor

2.9

1. Featured Interview

Manufacturing Reliability Site Resource Interview

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Kellogg Company (Atlanta, GA) in December 2016.

Interview

1) I was phone screened by the corporate recruiter which lasted 40 minutes. This was about two weeks after I applied.
    2) I was phone interviewed by the hiring manager two days later which took about 1 hour 45 minutes. He was very professional about the position and connected on a personal level as well. I was impressed at this first contact.
    3) I was asked to do a phone interview with the plant operation director, the hiring manager, and the HR manager. I asked for an on-site interview and was granted one three business days later. I also got a plant tour.
    4) I was offered the job the following day.

Interview Questions

• Tell us about a time when you most effectively used your reliability skills.   Answer Question
    • Tell us about a specific time when you were instrumental in the direction of a continuous improvement project.   Answer Question
    • What about this position attracts you?   Answer Question
    • Describe your ideal job.   Answer Question

Middle Management Position Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Kellogg Company in May 2017.

Interview

The Process:
    Applied online and two weeks later had a phone screen with a talent acquisition manager. One week later had a phone interview with the hiring manager and his staff. Two weeks later was an in-person panel interview with the hiring manager and his staff.

The phone screenings were rather formalities that basically just confirmed things on my resume. However, the in-person panel interviews were a bit tougher behavior (tell me about a time when) questions.

The process went smoothly until its conclusion. It felt like the in-person interview went great. The team and I seemed to hit it off and I was taken on a very thorough tour. It even went so far as the hiring manager and one of the staff members making living arrangement/relocation suggestions immediately after the interview. However, three weeks went by and there was not a single bit of communication after the interview. Despite multiple attempts to follow-up with the headquarters HR contacts that were given to me, I received absolutely no feedback. I'm not even sure if I'll be getting my related travel expenses reimbursed. Not the conclusion I come to expect from a Fortune 500 with as much history as Kellogg...

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you developed a subordinate.   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a time when you used both internal and external information to generate a new idea and solve a problem.   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a time when you used analytical data to solve a problem.   Answer Question

Kellogg Company Response

May 24, 2017 – Talent Acquisition Team Member

Thank you for your feedback. This is disappointing news to hear we have not created a positive recruiting experience for you—our team will take this feedback as a reminder to prioritize the ... More

IT Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Battle Creek, MI

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Kellogg Company (Battle Creek, MI) in May 2017.

Interview

Phone interview with HR. Phone interview with hiring manager. Onsite interview with 6 person panel followed up with 1 on 1 interviews with the panel. Long process with multiple stops and lots of different conversations with different people.

Interview Questions

• Describe your knowledge of predicitve models?   1 Answer

Truck Driver Interview

Anonymous Employee in Tampa Palms, FL

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Kellogg Company (Tampa Palms, FL).

Interview

This was over 5 years ago I do not recall the interview all that well. It was fairly quick and easy, but I do not recall any specifics about the interview process.

Merchandiser Interview

Anonymous Employee in Benicia, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Kellogg Company (Benicia, CA).

Interview

Interviewer was late met at a Starbucks talked for 15 minutes. Ask questions like do you have a reliable vehicle can you work weekends and holidays very basic and simple I guess they are desperate for people in this area.

Retail Merchandiser Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Kellogg Company.

Interview

Not an excellent recruiting process. They have someone contact you that has no idea about the position and or the details one would want to know if they were being sent on to HR for further evaluation. Stop using recruiting companies that do not train or inform the recruitment staff of job duties or hours! Why would I want to continue to interview with someone that doesn't have the answers. Would you hire someone that does not know or can not answer a question you ask them during an interview?

Interview Questions

• What are your goals?   1 Answer
    • What are you willing to except hourly?   1 Answer

Merchandise Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Mason City, IA

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Kellogg Company (Mason City, IA) in October 2016.

Interview

It was a straight to the point. He told me what they do and why. Rotate, rotate. He made his decision rite there and I haven't let him down! It's really a work by yourself kinda job but yet at the same time you're around a lot of people also.

Senior Manager Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Kellogg Company in October 2016.

Interview

I was contacted by a Kellogg recruiter in July 2016. She said she was scouting for future talent and that I stood out and was the type of talent they like to look for. We had a great conversation about the opportunities at the company and I told her although I wasn't actively looking I would consider a move for the right position. She currently didn’t have any openings, but was keeping a file of strong talent. Later in the year she recommended me for a position in their marketing department. I was excited about the opportunity and went forward with a phone interview and an in person interview was scheduled. One day before the in person interview I was notified by the hiring manager via email that the position was put on hold. The message was vague, but knowing several executives at the company, I checked in and was told that they were going through a restructuring. Several months went by, and I touched base with the hiring manager to express my continued interest. She was very nice and seemed to have continued interest. More months went by and the HR team contacted me to notify me that they were now hiring and asked me to submit my application on the job board. I did so quickly. More weeks went by and I reached out to the HR contact. We had a few back and forth over the course of 3 weeks, finally telling me that they would be setting up phone interviews (let me remind you I already did a phone interview in November). As a point of courtesy, I let them know that I would be traveling for 3 days in the next two weeks and gave them the schedule and expressed my continued interest. I got an immediate response notifying me that due to my unavailability they were passing on setting up an appointment with me. I emailed the hiring manager directly to notify her I was still interested in case there was a misunderstanding with the HR team. She notified me that I since I was late to the game, she couldn't schedule me and proceeded to tell me that her interviews needed to be accomplished by X date -- which was two days before my travel time. So there would have been no conflict. She did offer me two times on one day that conflicted with my work schedule. I decided at that point that after 8 months of back and forth and being told I was late to the game this was not the type of employer I wanted to work for. My advice to Kellogg would be if you are serious about recruiting exceptional talent make it worth their time and follow-up on what you initiate.

Interview Questions

Kellogg Company Response

Apr 24, 2017 – Talent Acquisition Team Member

Product Development Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Kellogg Company (Chicago, IL) in September 2016.

Interview

Lots of behavior question with emphasis on how to work on a team and solve challenging problems. I had three interviews with them. All with different people. They are friendly people to talk with

Interview Questions

• Tell us a time that you work with people that you dislike or whom had opinions that's very different from yours.   Answer Question

Retail Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Colorado Springs, CO

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Kellogg Company (Colorado Springs, CO) in September 2016.

Interview

Received email for phone interview. They listed the time, which I assumed was my time and found out it was their time. Rescheduled for following day and lasted about 30 minutes. Was a great interview, asked a few questions about my past jobs and then went over this job. Said I was her top choice and glad we connected. Received a call on the following Sunday to interview in person the following Wednesday at a hotel lobby. Met with 2 gentlemen, the area and district managers. We had a nice chat to start, very relaxing, good eye contact and then they took turns asking me questions from a list they each had. Stumbled on a couple, but they both stated they liked my answers and I did great. Went over the job and duties, pay, benefits, etc. Said they hoped to have a decision by Friday but it was up to HR. I did not receive a call.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time you were put in a leadership role and the outcome?   Answer Question