Kellogg Hotel and Conference Center Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Feb 8, 2017

1.8

Interviews for Top Jobs at Kellogg Hotel and Conference Center

Banquet Server Interview

Interview

Very quick and painless. They were quite understanding that I was a student and did not have much professional experiences, and they were willing to work with me on that.

Banquet Server Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Kellogg Hotel and Conference Center.

Interview

apply for job using the university application site and your application will go into a pool to HR. HR will contact within a couple of weeks asking to schedule an interview. the interview is very brief and informal. very basic and general questions - tell me about yourself... how many hours can you work? what experience in the industry do you have etc...

Interview Questions

• What would you do if you walked past a guest in the hallway?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in East Lansing, MI

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Kellogg Hotel and Conference Center (East Lansing, MI) in October 2014.

Interview

The interview was fairly relaxed. Talked to a captain at the banquet department and a manager. It was the usual STAR interview questions. The staff were very nice and friendly.

Interview Questions

• Describe a tough situation you were in, and how you overcame it.   Answer Question

Banquet Server Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at Kellogg Hotel and Conference Center in September 2013.

Interview

You interview with either the Banquet Operations Manager (Department Head), banquet managers, or assistant banquet manager. I happened to get the Department Head and she is very nice. She will run through a series of questions, which are pretty standard (why did you choose us, strengths, weaknesses, etc). My interviewer was very personable and the interview seemed more like a conversation than an interview. I felt as though I talked a lot, but it seems like she didn't mind. In the end, it seemed like I had gotten the job, but it was never officially stated.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiations.