Kelly Educational Staffing Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jul 7, 2017

1.7

Executive Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pleasanton, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Kelly Educational Staffing (Pleasanton, CA) in July 2017.

Interview

I want to start off my saying that I'm sure your agency is a good company and that everyone that works there has the best intentions.

I applied for a job online and received a phone call the next day. I answered basic questions. The company was not advertised and when I asked how big the company was, I was told no information at all could be disclosed about the company. I did not ask the name of the company. She scheduled an appointment for me to come in and meet a recruiter. I was told I needed to complete some testing before I came in for the meeting.

I received the link to the testing which was extremely long. I did it in parts but it took me a very long time. The test contained exercises in Word, Excel, PPT, Outlook and a typing test. It took me well over 2 hours to complete and I rushed through it, just to get it done in time.

I had to reschedule the interview because of an illness and notified them right away, which was fine.

I arranged to take 1/2 the day off work for the meeting. It took me 1 hour with traffic to drive to the office (It is around 100 degrees today). I went in and was asked to fill out a form, which I did. The recruiter came in and started asking me general questions about what kind of job I was looking and what my current salary was. A bit confused, because it sounded like she was not talking about a specific job at a specific company, I asked if she could disclose the name of the company which she did. I told her I already applied to that company directly and she said that unfortunately she could not resubmit me. She apologized and said I should have been informed of the company name at the initial phone call and the meeting ended. I was there for no more than 15 minutes.

It took me 1.5 hours to drive to work after leaving the Kelly office.

I spent over 2 hours taking the test from which I received no results and took half the day off of work to come to the Kelly office. I had to get someone to cover for me at work.

I am sending this with the hope that you are more considerate of candidates in the future - maybe re-train them on what information they can and can't disclose. People have jobs, families and other commitments to juggle. I am sure this was an honest mistake but it cost me quite a lot.

Essay Reader Interview

Anonymous Employee in Jacksonville, FL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Kelly Educational Staffing (Jacksonville, FL) in April 2017.

Interview

There was no actual interview. Each applicant was required to take two tests; one math test and one essay to determine which job you would be offered. The math problems were very basic word problems concerning percentages in retail, ie. 20% off of 'X' price =? and which is the biggest discount, 20% off original price or $15 off? For the essay we were instructed to write a two page essay on two recent accomplishments in your life.

Interview Questions

• To write a 2 page essay on two of my recent accomplishments.   Answer Question

Subsitute Teacher Interview

Anonymous Employee in Lakeland, FL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Kelly Educational Staffing (Lakeland, FL) in March 2017.

Interview

One of the easier interviews I had. was asked to bring materials. Was given a few questions about expected behavior for being a substitute. Asked about my background. Fairly relaxed compared to other interviewers I've had.

Anonymous Employee in Tampa, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Kelly Educational Staffing (Tampa, FL).

Interview

Quick and painless. You will be required to complete a class that takes a few hours. The class is basic orientation that goes over ethics in the classroom and emergency procedures.

Interview Questions

• How would you handle an emergency in a classroom?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Kelly Educational Staffing (New York, NY).

Interview

I saw the add for substitute teachers in the paper. I called and set up an appointment to go in and take a test. I took the test, passed the test, and was hired instantly.

Interview Questions

• When is is okay for you to hit a student?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Jacksonville, FL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Kelly Educational Staffing (Jacksonville, FL) in December 2016.

Interview

First step is to express interest with Kelly and gather all of the required information. You must past a background test and have a four year college degree. You then meet with a recruiter to review your background and interests. They then explain the challenges and conditions of employment. Once you pass the background check and interview you are offered the role quickly. My opinion is that hiring for this position is challenging and they move quickly to fill positions. Next you get several hours of training on the Kelly online tools and the requirements of the school district. You are also given some hints for performing the role. It really becomes a trial by fire after you start working and you adapt quickly or move on.

Subsitute Teacher Interview

Anonymous Employee in Tampa, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Kelly Educational Staffing (Tampa, FL) in November 2016.

Interview

There was no interview process aside from a confirmation phone call about my background education. If you get a call to come to the office you are coming to the training day informational meeting.

Interview Questions

• What education do you have?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Denver, CO

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Kelly Educational Staffing (Denver, CO) in November 2016.

Interview

Applied online, got an email the next day to schedule an interview. Met in person with someone that same week. Was hired on the spot! Very easy interview, just wanted to make sure you had common sense as well as the ability to work in a school/classroom.

Interview Questions

• What do you do if there are no sub plans?   1 Answer

Substitute Teacher Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Kelly Educational Staffing.

Interview

simply they called me in asked simply question. Just take a resume and dress nice you will get the job. its not that hard. This box is telling me that i need to write more. I don't know what else to say

Interview Questions

Negotiation

its 50 dollars per day

Anonymous Employee in Tampa, FL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Kelly Educational Staffing (Tampa, FL) in October 2016.

Interview

super easy, it wasnt even really an interview it was more of an orientation. you take all your paperwork saying that you can work, you pay them for a background check (ridiculous you have to pay for this your self!) and then they sign you up to work.