Kelly Services Administrative Assistant Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Kelly Services Administrative Assistant Interview Questions

Interviews at Kelly Services

2.2

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Denver, CO

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Kelly Services (Denver, CO) in August 2016.

Interview

Was a complete waste of time. I applied online and ended up playing phone tag with a recruiter in the Denver office. Every single time I called and asked for the recruiter, first the receptionist would ask for my name, and then she would tell me that the recruiter was "in an interview". It did not matter what time of day I called and I called several times one day, she was always "in an interview", once the receptionist knew it was me who was calling. The recruiter still called me back and left me a voicemail asking me to call her back, and so then I had to keep calling and being told that the recruiter is "in an interview". I got really tired of being lied to.

The receptionist laughed at the way she kept mispronouncing my name the first few times I called. It was very frustrating and I'm not sure why they would employ such childish and unprofessional people to represent this company. I did not bother to set up an interview due to this childish behavior. The recruiter emailed me again asking me to call her but I just stopped trying because she was always "in an interview". I really resent being lied to. I highly doubt she was in interviews all day long for days in a row.

I have worked with other Kelly Services branch offices, and have had a better experience with a different branch.
Whoever manages the Downtown Denver Kelly Services office doesn't seem to mind having immature and unprofessional children working there, representing their company.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Kelly Services

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Kelly Services (New York, NY) in August 2017.

Interview

The interview was very easy and fast i enjoyed the conversation with the person that interviewed me she was very friendly and educated she made me feel extremely comfortable

Interview Questions

• What type of skills do I have and can I handle working under pressure?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Erlanger, KY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Kelly Services (Erlanger, KY) in September 2016.

Interview

Quick process! It took only a week to hear back. My initial round was a phone interview and she was really nice. My sit down interview had a person or advocate with me to interview with 3 other people at the location.

Administrative Assistant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 days. I interviewed at Kelly Services.

Interview

Terrible and a waste of time! I had a lady call me about a position I applied for (I actually thought I was applying directly to the company, not to a Kelly Services post) and got a call a few days later. Set up an interview and she went over two positions she’d think I’d be a good fit for. Great. She said she’d have the employers contact me the following Monday. Monday rolled around and no call. It’s been probably about a month and I never got a call from the employers, her, or anyone. I’m honestly furious that I wasted my time and how unprofessional this process was. I could’ve at least been emailed an update instead of outright ignored. Interview is easy, just requirements asked. Professionalism doesn’t exist at this location.

Anonymous Employee in Erlanger, KY

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Kelly Services (Erlanger, KY).

Interview

Interviewed with 3 people... 2 Team Members and One Kelly manager.

Interview Questions

• Most difficult for me is asking what I dislike most about my job.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Joliet, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Kelly Services (Joliet, IL) in February 2013.

Interview

CONTACTED ME FOR AN OPPORTUNITY WITH EXXON MOBILE.....GAVE THEM THE GO AHEAD ...they submitted my resume....I had to followup constantly. After 3 weeks, I finally get an answer that the position is JUST an entry level. THen I am told the hours are mid morning to late evening....more and more excuses...I just gave up!

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Kelly Services (New York, NY).

Interview

The office was small. The staff was personable. I was talked "to" instead of being talked "at". It wasn't assumed that my skills were lacking just because I was temping instead of already being somewhere permanent.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

There was no real negotiation phase. There was a position opening and I said yes.

Administrative Assistant Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Kelly Services in June 2012.

Interview

I had 2 interviews.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No a whole lot of negotiation, salary was set.

Anonymous Employee in Glenview, IL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Kelly Services (Glenview, IL) in August 2013.

Interview

Company conducts skill testing, drug testing. Hiring manager at each assignment interviews several aplicants sent by Kelly.

Interview Questions

• Can you make a long-term commitment?   1 Answer

Negotiation

No negotiation - recruiter said the pay rate was $23.10 per hour and that was it.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Antonio, TX

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Kelly Services (San Antonio, TX) in July 2010.

Interview

Kelly Services submitted my resume to Toyota for a telephone interview for an Administrative Assistant position. The inteviewer seemed turned off by the fact that I had a college degree and wanted to know why I was applying for such a position.

Interview Questions

• I noticed that you have a college degree. This position does not require a degree. Why are you interested in this position if you have a degree?   1 Answer