Kelly Services Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated May 16, 2017

2.7

Tech Support Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Aberdeen, WA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Kelly Services (Aberdeen, WA) in May 2017.

Interview

Applied got an interview and was asked some basic questions on how you handle customers, knowledge of apple products, I was not offered a job. No reason why I was not offered.

Technical and Customer Service Call Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at Kelly Services (Atlanta, GA) in May 2017.

Interview

It was horrible! I never want to apply for them again! I had and 11:00 am Interview for the customer service call center position, the video software that they use sucks! I was trying to get my audio to work for about 20 minutes.... then they call you instead of helping get into the software they make you reschedule like it's you fault when it's clearly theirs. That video kept on failing until at the last minute it connected, once you are connected they ask for your drivers license and the ask to look around in your home" for what" just plain old nosy! it's just me and my child leaves in my home like don't you want a noise free back ground i'm so hurt I worked from home for 3 years and they told me that were not moving forward with me and they are going to keep my application on file, scared never applying for them again! They smile in your face as if you are going to get the job, tell you about all this equipment their going to send to your home, they even have you to write down the training schedule like you got the job! and then the next day they sent me an email discontinuing me how hurtful, I would rather they've asked me the interview question and tell me they will call or email me if they were interested. So Cold!

Interview Questions

• How do you delete a saved file? How do you help a customer download Instagram on their device?
      they also did role play's on angry customers or customer that's wanting to be refunded.
      1 Answer

Technical Support Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Kelly Services in May 2017.

Interview

Applied and took assesment then scheduled appointment for an interview all in the same day. The Video interview was the following day. Lasted about 30 minutes and was told i will hear back in 24-48 hours wether i got the position or not!

Chat Technical Support Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Kelly Services in March 2017.

Interview

A cumbersome, infuriating, and disorganized process from start to finish. Recruiters are unhelpful and dismissive. After applying and passing their personality assessment, you're sent a skill assessment on typing and grammar. Once the assessments are complete and you've passed, you're sent an option to pick a date/time for a remote interview from home. I managed to complete everything, pass, and pick an interview day. Per an automated email after setting the appointment I was to receive a link to access the remote room to interview in 24 hours prior to the interview (which was today), but it never came. Instead I was sent an email stating I had not taken the skills assessment when in fact I did, passed, and was waiting to interview. The only way to be offered an interview is to pass each phase of their profiling and assessments so why I was being asked to again take the writing and grammar assessments was concerning. I replied stating as such and I was sent the exact same generic email back saying I had to wait for a link to take the assessments because I hadn't. I sent back proof: my unique ID number for the skills assessment, a screenshot, and the link that takes you to the end page of the assessment stating it was complete. This time, the recruiter CANCELLED MY INTERVIEW as I "had not taken the skills assessment." I again replied, asking to have the recruiter call me and provided my number as I was completely taken aback at how my situation was being handled. Rather than a phone call I again was given the same copy/paste response. Later in the day I received an automated email reminder that my interview was the next day, but there was no link for the remote meeting room and never heard back from anyone.

I am infuriated at the complete lack of competence in Kelly Connect and as a former Kelly Services employee. Don't waste your time with this company, they'll give you the runaround and make you jump through hoops and treat you like you're nothing but expendable.

Apple At Home Advisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Raleigh, NC

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Kelly Services (Raleigh, NC) in March 2017.

Interview

Interviews are setup in 15 minute increments. The interviewer called me on FaceTime and talked to me about things on my resume and having a quiet place to work and customer service experience.

Recruiting Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Charlotte, NC

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Kelly Services (Charlotte, NC) in March 2017.

Interview

2 Interviewers who were very kind and professional. Interview lasted about 45 min. Behavioral interview and traditional interview combination. Interviewers made me feel at ease. I came prepared with the hiring companies historical and present info. They were very impressed.

Chemical Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Collegeville, PA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Kelly Services (Collegeville, PA) in March 2017.

Interview

Got a phone call from one of the hiring manager, reviewed the resume and set up an interview in person. No follow up , the hr manager didn't reply to my emails.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Kelly Services.

Interview

Confusing and Disappointing - Recruiter felt I was well suited for the position, but never followed up with me after the initial call. I followed up two days later, but was told the recruiter was busy. Either way, qualified or not communication is key, and it was sorely lacking here. It was clear they had never interviewed for a technical position before. Have a plan and learn the key components before calling potential candidates. Job hunting is hard enough don't make it harder.

Interview Questions

• The question was not even Germain to anything I would do.   Answer Question

Remote Technical Support Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Remote, OR

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Kelly Services (Remote, OR) in January 2017.

Interview

Lengthy and waste of my time. I spent months trying to apply for this same position because they kept either losing my test scores, becoming filled or having website issues. Then I finally get scheduled an interview only to have it be rescheduled 3 more times. Then I FINALLY get the interview for the correct position I'm trying to fill only to get some scripted message a few hours later that the position was filled by people more qualified. Nonsense! I was told the previous day by the first person that I was well qualified since I already work for the company they are hiring for doing the same thing and could have which ever position I was most interested in. It was obvious my interviewed didn't like me. I could tell at the very beginning when he looked at my ID for 5min straight. Total waste of my time and I will be filing a grevience.

Work At Home Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Antonio, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Kelly Services (San Antonio, TX) in December 2016.

Interview

I applied online and had to do an assessment where I was rated for customer service. It's multiple choice, but instead of your typical A,B,C,D choices, you have to slide your answer for the best choice. I'd still treat it like a multiple choice and give a higher percentage toward the correct answer.

I received a message after I submitted the application that due to an increase for interest in the position there were no slots to schedule an interview. I waited a few days before I received an email stating I passed and asked me to do a grammar/typing test.

I passed the test but didn't see any results at all. After I passed, I had to wait a few more days. Eventually, I received a phone call that was for phone screening. That particular employer was a pleasure to speak to. He was professional and nice. He told me dates and times that were available for the video interview. I selected the date that worked best and I looked forward to it.

This next part is where I had a negative experience. After speaking to the phone screen employee and reading other interviews that people had, I expected my video interviewer to be nice. She wasn't. Right from the beginning, I could tell she was in a bad mood. She gave me attitude and didn't even allow me to say, "Hi how are you?"
    I had a feeling it wasn't going well. Then she proceeded to ask me the questions that others have been asked on their Interviews. It went smoothly, but she grilled me a lot on why I left my last job. The interview lasted about 30 minutes. She even told me I would receive a call within 24 hours to notify me if I had the job. I didn't receive that call. Instead, I received an email saying I had no job offer.

My last job was also an Apple Contract company. I had worked there for a total of 2 years, was a top performer, even floor walked and I had really good stats. It's a shame that just because this particular interviewer was unprofessional that I wasn't given a chance to show how much I could help the company.

I even explained in my interview that the reason I had to leave my job is because of transportation and I was currently unemployed. Interviews and the process of applying for jobs is a job in itself. There is no way my husband could have adjusted his schedule to meet mine. He was my main source of transportation. So we decided it would be best for me to resign which I did. I gave my previous employer 2 weeks notice.

This job would have been perfect since it was work at home and I wouldn't have to commute. I wish my last employer offered work at home and I would have stayed with them in a heartbeat. But personally, this job is really stressful. I had two years of experience and felt stressed. Customers have to be happy with you and give you good surveys otherwise your stats don't mean anything. I can't even imagine newcomers who will work here. They don't have the experience I do. If you can't handle angry customers and multi-tasking on the average, I would suggest not to apply. Apple customers get really angry when things don't go their way. They often leave dissatisfied surveys even if it's something beyond your control like another employee who messed up or long wait times.

Plus, if the interviewer would treat me this way I can only imagine how other employers would treat me. If they would be so unprofessional maybe it's best I didn't get the job. It's ok, I already had another work at home company offer me a job. They were a lot nicer. Sure I'll have to speak to customers on the phone but it's better than the stress this job will offer. I had the skills necessary and even more than some people who will apply here yet they denied me because I was unemployed. I was honest and they should have given me a chance. They really shouldn't be so picky. This job has a high turnover rate because how difficult Apple customers and high expectations from Apple are. They should be lucky to have people who even want to apply for a stressful company.

It was a waste of my time and I lost sleep waiting for Kelly to get back to me. During the whole process, they took too long. 3 weeks is a long time to wait. I'm glad I decided to apply for other companies or I'd be unemployed right now! They were professional up until the video interviewer process. I'd say save your time and avoid this company if you can.

But if you decide to go through with this position because you have no other choice, I'd suggest cleaning your room that you plan to work in and have your ID plus resume ready. And I hope you have a nice interviewer otherwise you will have a slim chance of being hired. Good luck! You will certainly need it.

Interview Questions

• They asked me why I left my job.   1 Answer
    • Give me an example of how you would complete a task with detailed instructions.   1 Answer
    • How would you deal with an irate customer?   1 Answer
    • How would you add an app from the App store?   1 Answer