Kelly Services Administrative Assistant Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Apr 18, 2017

2.1

19 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Denver, CO

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Kelly Services (Denver, CO) in August 2016.

Interview

Was a complete waste of time. I applied online and ended up playing phone tag with a recruiter in the Denver office. Every single time I called and asked for the recruiter, first the receptionist would ask for my name, and then she would tell me that the recruiter was "in an interview". It did not matter what time of day I called and I called several times one day, she was always "in an interview", once the receptionist knew it was me who was calling. The recruiter still called me back and left me a voicemail asking me to call her back, and so then I had to keep calling and being told that the recruiter is "in an interview". I got really tired of being lied to.

The receptionist laughed at the way she kept mispronouncing my name the first few times I called. It was very frustrating and I'm not sure why they would employ such childish and unprofessional people to represent this company. I did not bother to set up an interview due to this childish behavior. The recruiter emailed me again asking me to call her but I just stopped trying because she was always "in an interview". I really resent being lied to. I highly doubt she was in interviews all day long for days in a row.

I have worked with other Kelly Services branch offices, and have had a better experience with a different branch.
    Whoever manages the Downtown Denver Kelly Services office doesn't seem to mind having immature and unprofessional children working there, representing their company.

Executive Administrative Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Kelly Services (Houston, TX).

Interview

The interview was short and cursory. The Kelly manager had another person in line for the job, but since the client requested me, I felt as if they reluctantly gave me the position. The client was very pleased with my work.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

I was told the salary for the job and was led to believe that this figure could be negotiated after a year with the company. That was not the case.

Anonymous Employee in Parsippany, NJ

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at Kelly Services (Parsippany, NJ).

Interview

Very practical and easy. Kelly services staff is very professional. they proved my skills and the prepared me to meet with the client. very experienced recruiting staff. first is the phone interview and then they set an appointment to meet you.

Temporary Administrative Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Fairmont, WV

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Kelly Services (Fairmont, WV) in December 2014.

Interview

Very straightforward. Usual testing on a variety of software. They went through all the usual HR paperwork and asked questions on what I was looking for, showing genuine interest in finding the right assignment. They made me feel positive that they could find me work and followed through. I received a call the next day offering me a long term position, which I loved!

Interview Questions

• What hours I was looking for.   1 Answer

Negotiation

Okay. They are pretty set in what they can offer. Plenty of people who will take whatever they offer, so no real negotiation.

Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Kelly Services (Seattle, WA) in June 2014.

Interview

Met with the recruiter/staffing manager at the field office. The computer wasn't set up correctly so had to wait for co-worker to call back, unfortunate as that was the first day of the job.

Interview Questions

• When having to describe my skillsets, felt as if I had to defend my achievements..   1 Answer

Negotiation

I actually negotiated with the manager of the business that interviewed me after the staffing agency did. Due to the commute and job responsibilities, it wouldn't have been cost effective to take the position.

Anonymous Employee in Erlanger, KY

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Kelly Services (Erlanger, KY).

Interview

Interviewed with 3 people... 2 Team Members and One Kelly manager.

Interview Questions

• Most difficult for me is asking what I dislike most about my job.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Kelly Services (Seattle, WA) in January 2014.

Interview

This is an easy process if you have proven skills. Otherwise they will require you go to into a room and take tests. Word, Outlook, Excel. Once they have your skill level the next step they send you jobs for your consideration. If the employer is interested a 1:1 is set up and your background check is processed.

Anonymous Employee in Glenview, IL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Kelly Services (Glenview, IL) in August 2013.

Interview

Company conducts skill testing, drug testing. Hiring manager at each assignment interviews several aplicants sent by Kelly.

Interview Questions

• Can you make a long-term commitment?   1 Answer

Negotiation

No negotiation - recruiter said the pay rate was $23.10 per hour and that was it.

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Kelly Services (New York, NY).

Interview

The office was small. The staff was personable. I was talked "to" instead of being talked "at". It wasn't assumed that my skills were lacking just because I was temping instead of already being somewhere permanent.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

There was no real negotiation phase. There was a position opening and I said yes.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Joliet, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Kelly Services (Joliet, IL) in February 2013.

Interview

CONTACTED ME FOR AN OPPORTUNITY WITH EXXON MOBILE.....GAVE THEM THE GO AHEAD ...they submitted my resume....I had to followup constantly. After 3 weeks, I finally get an answer that the position is JUST an entry level. THen I am told the hours are mid morning to late evening....more and more excuses...I just gave up!