Kelly Services Substitute Teacher Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jul 12, 2017

1.6

36 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Kelly Services (Atlanta, GA) in July 2017.

Interview

Friendly, professional, relaxed. I had many questions that were answered directly after I had been interviewed. Ms. Roberts was very encouraging and solution driven. I appreciate most how she provided information on the position requirements.

Interview Questions

• How will you manage a classroom of middle school students after recess?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Carrollton, GA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Kelly Services (Carrollton, GA) in February 2017.

Interview

Everything is done online. They send you a list of questions via email and you respond and send right back. The process is pretty long but the questions all pertain to how you are with children.

Anonymous Employee in Memphis, TN

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Kelly Services (Memphis, TN) in January 2017.

Interview

we have to take a finger printing scan and we have to go through orientation to discuss the do's and dont's. We then have to take an assessment test to get a certificate to start working as a substitute teacher.

Anonymous Employee in Pittston, PA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Kelly Services (Pittston, PA) in January 2017.

Interview

The interview process was very easy. For me, it entailed an impersonal sit-down with a representative. She asked very basic, no-brainer questions and confirmed my education background. She then explained the background check process that was required. After that, I went in for an informal presentation. There, they explain how their systems work, company rules, and basic rules to abide by. In all, very straight forward.

Interview Questions

• Can you pass all the background checks (all required checks are thoroughly explained)?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Little Rock, AR

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Kelly Services (Little Rock, AR).

Interview

They asked me how would I respond to out of control kids. What level of experience I had. Would I be willing to travel. I have enjoyed working with Kelly.

Anonymous Employee in Provo, UT

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Kelly Services (Provo, UT) in November 2016.

Interview

The interview was less like an interview and more like paper work. I spent about 40 minutes filling out information online and after I was done someone collected my required documents and asked me a few questions quickly and then set my appointment for my orientation.

Anonymous Employee in Lagrange, GA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Kelly Services (Lagrange, GA) in November 2016.

Interview

I received a call and was asked questions related to the materials that I read. This material came from Kelly Services New Hire Packets and Rules and Regulations Booklets. I found the total interview process to be a rather smooth on. However, I was a bit nervous and worked up at first.

Interview Questions

• If a student asked to go to the restroom that has already gone multiple time what would you do? Why?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in New London, CT

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Kelly Services (New London, CT) in September 2016.

Interview

Very easy. Asked questions about on how to handle certain situations in a classroom and why you think you would be a good substitute teacher. The manager was very relaxed and friendly. Not intimidating at all.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to be a substitute teacher?   1 Answer

Substitute Teacher Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Kelly Services in August 2016.

Interview

Over the phone, fairly quick and easy. They asked quite a bit of information just to make sure that I was qualified to do the job. They needed my transcript, Resume, Recommendation letters and a few more things, however after they received all of those things, the interview process became very easy.

Interview Questions

• Do I plan on becoming a teacher, and what grades i felt comfortable substituting for?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Marietta, GA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Kelly Services (Marietta, GA).

Interview

I was givenough Kelly Services number from the school district that uses them to find their substitute teachera. I have a brief discussion over the phone and then set up a formal interview.

The interview went well. We discussed my teaching background and the perks and salary of th company.
     After I passed the interview I took an online training and filled out the application. I had to get fingerprinta done as well as a Gbi background check.