Kelly Services Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jun 22, 2017

2.2

Technical and Customer Service Call Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at Kelly Services (Atlanta, GA) in May 2017.

Interview

It was horrible! I never want to apply for them again! I had and 11:00 am Interview for the customer service call center position, the video software that they use sucks! I was trying to get my audio to work for about 20 minutes.... then they call you instead of helping get into the software they make you reschedule like it's you fault when it's clearly theirs. That video kept on failing until at the last minute it connected, once you are connected they ask for your drivers license and the ask to look around in your home" for what" just plain old nosy! it's just me and my child leaves in my home like don't you want a noise free back ground i'm so hurt I worked from home for 3 years and they told me that were not moving forward with me and they are going to keep my application on file, scared never applying for them again! They smile in your face as if you are going to get the job, tell you about all this equipment their going to send to your home, they even have you to write down the training schedule like you got the job! and then the next day they sent me an email discontinuing me how hurtful, I would rather they've asked me the interview question and tell me they will call or email me if they were interested. So Cold!

Interview Questions

• How do you delete a saved file? How do you help a customer download Instagram on their device?
      they also did role play's on angry customers or customer that's wanting to be refunded.
      2 Answers

Data Entry Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 6+ weeks. I interviewed at Kelly Services in September 2016.

Interview

It's an amazing experience. The people are real. The acceptance is outstanding. You feel as if you let the team down but they reassure you that they are still willing to help. They help strengthen your mind along with bringing out the best qualities. They are understanding & able to walk you through what you feel is your last chance. Empowerment is not a big thing I had that's one thing I was able to aquire while working with them. The people skills. I honestly loved everything about this place that made you feel as your home with family!

Interview Questions

• if I was serious about the commitment.   1 Answer

District Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Kelly Services.

Interview

Had to endure 7 interviews.

Interview Questions

• Account tells you they had a bad experience with a staffing firm.   1 Answer

Negotiation

I wanted the job. Was excited and accepted the terms

Contract Attonrey Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Kelly Services.

Interview

I have specialized experience. So, my interview process was mere paperwork with this company. But, I had to interview with the client who asked me a lot of questions about my background knowledge of the subject matter. It was clear there were a lot of young dudes managing the project who had over-sold their knowledge, so they were just trying to cover themselves by having someone on the project with actual knowledge.

Interview Questions

• The most difficult question was basically a question about my background skills. The recruiter was not able to tell me a lot about the project so I was only able to prepare a little. The questions were tough, but I was able to answer the questions due to my extensive experience with the subject matter. But, another difficult part was expressing my responses in an elementary language that they could understand without me sounding like I was "dummying" down my knowledge or patronizing the interviewees. They indicated they were impressed and they hired me for a top position. But they seemed too intimidated to utilize my skills to the fullest. I rate this as a negative experience because, while I got the position, I believe it was a sign of their weakness in not wanting to rely on my skills though paying me for them. Their egos got in the way of professionalism in my opinion.   Answer Question

Negotiation

The recruiter did the negotiation. However, I strongly believe the recruiter negotiated my services for a much higher fee than usual, but only gave me the regular rate.

At Home Advisor for Apple Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phoenix, MI

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Kelly Services (Phoenix, MI) in July 2012.

Interview

The initial start of the interview process is easy, fill out their application,submit your resume and receive a link to take an assessment. Then they call you and tell you about the position which only pays 9.15 cents an hour. Then they schedule you for a phone interview. Then the drama starts. You have to drive to a Kelly office and fill out some more paperwork and then they do a background check. They are looking for a reason to not pass you trust me. They only want to fill up classes and then they have the audacity to tell you that you might get called for the next class the next month!! Who can afford to stay out of work that long?
    If you got layed off then sure. If you quit your last position than you have to go for what youknow.

Vice President Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Kelly Services in December 2014.

Interview

Phone, intensive in person process, multiple interviews in 1 day visit to corporate HQ in Troy, MI. This is followed by a consensus meeting internally to rank candidates, then offer

Interview Questions

• Examples of how you personally achieved results, handled situations, managed client relationships, strategize on opportunities   Answer Question

Recruiting Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Charlotte, NC

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Kelly Services (Charlotte, NC) in March 2017.

Interview

2 Interviewers who were very kind and professional. Interview lasted about 45 min. Behavioral interview and traditional interview combination. Interviewers made me feel at ease. I came prepared with the hiring companies historical and present info. They were very impressed.

Work At Home Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Antonio, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Kelly Services (San Antonio, TX) in December 2016.

Interview

I applied online and had to do an assessment where I was rated for customer service. It's multiple choice, but instead of your typical A,B,C,D choices, you have to slide your answer for the best choice. I'd still treat it like a multiple choice and give a higher percentage toward the correct answer.

I received a message after I submitted the application that due to an increase for interest in the position there were no slots to schedule an interview. I waited a few days before I received an email stating I passed and asked me to do a grammar/typing test.

I passed the test but didn't see any results at all. After I passed, I had to wait a few more days. Eventually, I received a phone call that was for phone screening. That particular employer was a pleasure to speak to. He was professional and nice. He told me dates and times that were available for the video interview. I selected the date that worked best and I looked forward to it.

This next part is where I had a negative experience. After speaking to the phone screen employee and reading other interviews that people had, I expected my video interviewer to be nice. She wasn't. Right from the beginning, I could tell she was in a bad mood. She gave me attitude and didn't even allow me to say, "Hi how are you?"
    I had a feeling it wasn't going well. Then she proceeded to ask me the questions that others have been asked on their Interviews. It went smoothly, but she grilled me a lot on why I left my last job. The interview lasted about 30 minutes. She even told me I would receive a call within 24 hours to notify me if I had the job. I didn't receive that call. Instead, I received an email saying I had no job offer.

My last job was also an Apple Contract company. I had worked there for a total of 2 years, was a top performer, even floor walked and I had really good stats. It's a shame that just because this particular interviewer was unprofessional that I wasn't given a chance to show how much I could help the company.

I even explained in my interview that the reason I had to leave my job is because of transportation and I was currently unemployed. Interviews and the process of applying for jobs is a job in itself. There is no way my husband could have adjusted his schedule to meet mine. He was my main source of transportation. So we decided it would be best for me to resign which I did. I gave my previous employer 2 weeks notice.

This job would have been perfect since it was work at home and I wouldn't have to commute. I wish my last employer offered work at home and I would have stayed with them in a heartbeat. But personally, this job is really stressful. I had two years of experience and felt stressed. Customers have to be happy with you and give you good surveys otherwise your stats don't mean anything. I can't even imagine newcomers who will work here. They don't have the experience I do. If you can't handle angry customers and multi-tasking on the average, I would suggest not to apply. Apple customers get really angry when things don't go their way. They often leave dissatisfied surveys even if it's something beyond your control like another employee who messed up or long wait times.

Plus, if the interviewer would treat me this way I can only imagine how other employers would treat me. If they would be so unprofessional maybe it's best I didn't get the job. It's ok, I already had another work at home company offer me a job. They were a lot nicer. Sure I'll have to speak to customers on the phone but it's better than the stress this job will offer. I had the skills necessary and even more than some people who will apply here yet they denied me because I was unemployed. I was honest and they should have given me a chance. They really shouldn't be so picky. This job has a high turnover rate because how difficult Apple customers and high expectations from Apple are. They should be lucky to have people who even want to apply for a stressful company.

It was a waste of my time and I lost sleep waiting for Kelly to get back to me. During the whole process, they took too long. 3 weeks is a long time to wait. I'm glad I decided to apply for other companies or I'd be unemployed right now! They were professional up until the video interviewer process. I'd say save your time and avoid this company if you can.

But if you decide to go through with this position because you have no other choice, I'd suggest cleaning your room that you plan to work in and have your ID plus resume ready. And I hope you have a nice interviewer otherwise you will have a slim chance of being hired. Good luck! You will certainly need it.

Interview Questions

• They asked me why I left my job.   1 Answer
    • Give me an example of how you would complete a task with detailed instructions.   1 Answer
    • How would you deal with an irate customer?   1 Answer
    • How would you add an app from the App store?   1 Answer

Staffing Supervisor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Plymouth, MN

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Kelly Services (Plymouth, MN) in May 2016.

Interview

Reviewed resume, spoke to the Office Manager, met with the office manager in person, met with the area senior manager, met with the regional senior manager, then met with the office manager again. A couple phone interviews and a very in-depth review to make sure personally and skills fit the company.

Anonymous Interview

Anonymous Employee in Georgetown, KY

Application

I applied online. The process took 6+ months. I interviewed at Kelly Services (Georgetown, KY) in January 2014.

Interview

Long ling drawn.out.process over the course of about 6 months at times,.and.after offored the job actually starting can easily take a year.it was the most mind boggling interview process I have ever encountered. Although I respect thorough screen. Some of it is simply not necessary, and alot of leaving potential employees in the dark the entire.time

Interview Questions

• Complete a computer test to conduct manufacturing knowledge.   1 Answer