Kelly Services Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jun 22, 2017

2.2

Apple Care Technical Support Interview

Anonymous Employee in Gilbert, WV

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Kelly Services (Gilbert, WV).

Interview

Interviewed through Skype with one interviewer. He asked about my work experience and my technical skills. Also asked what was one of the things I did that went above and beyond in my previous jobs. Process was less than half an hour.

Interview Questions

• How would you instruct someone to copy and paste on a computer with detailed instructions.   Answer Question

Biomedical Equipment Technician Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Jacksonville, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Kelly Services (Jacksonville, FL).

Interview

I submitted my resume to a job post they had. The recruiter representative called me the next day to gather more information and to give me further details about the job of interest. They told me the company that was hiring and proceeded to set up an interview session with them. I went to the interview on the schedule date and time. Very nice company.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about yourself?

How much are you looking for as far as salary?
      Answer Question

Tier I Technical Advisor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Kelly Services (Atlanta, GA) in January 2017.

Interview

I applied online through Kelly services work from home website. After the initial application I was invited to take the online assessment. Afterward, I was invited to schedule an interview via FaceTime or Skype. However, there were no slots; I waited a week or so until one was available. My interview was a few days later. I received the phone call about 5 minutes later than scheduled. The interview went great! The lady calmed my nerves and we had casual conversation. At the end I was unofficially offered the job contingent on passing the background check. About a week and some change later I received a phone call saying I passed the background check, but training was full. I was told I could start on the 30th rather than the 15th. Of course, this still wasn't an official employment offer, so I was nervous. On January 20th I was called to be offered official employment. That call was followed by an email with training dates and being asked to provide proof of phone and internet service. ALL equipment is given to you to use.

Interview Questions

• 1. If I were visiting your city, what fun things would you advise me to do?
      2. Brief me on your customer service experience.
      3. How would you handle an irate customer?
      4. What does customer service mean to you?
      5. Walk me through how to delete a word document from a computer.
      6. Walk me through how to download instagram.
      7. Walk me through how to reconnect my internet to my phone.
      Etc.
      1 Answer

Tech Support Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Kelly Services (New York, NY) in January 2017.

Interview

I interviewed for the Apple Tech Support position. The interview was quite smooth. It was filled with the basic interview questions and some how tos for Apple Products. If you know how to operate any basic computer and apple device, you will be fine.

Tech Advisor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Kelly Services (Chicago, IL) in January 2017.

Interview

Very professional and precise here they want good customer service people.This company so far has shown responsibility for making their employees are well educated and also offers other opportunities.Kelly services seems to pride it self on making sure that the employee is comfortable before performance is allowed .it took a 2-3 week hiring process everything was done via onlinne. Skype interview, information gathering strictly online. The process went through fairly quickly.

Interview Questions

• Please share step by step on any instructions you may know how to do, but describe it me step by step as a how to?   1 Answer

Remote Technical Support Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Remote, OR

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Kelly Services (Remote, OR) in January 2017.

Interview

Lengthy and waste of my time. I spent months trying to apply for this same position because they kept either losing my test scores, becoming filled or having website issues. Then I finally get scheduled an interview only to have it be rescheduled 3 more times. Then I FINALLY get the interview for the correct position I'm trying to fill only to get some scripted message a few hours later that the position was filled by people more qualified. Nonsense! I was told the previous day by the first person that I was well qualified since I already work for the company they are hiring for doing the same thing and could have which ever position I was most interested in. It was obvious my interviewed didn't like me. I could tell at the very beginning when he looked at my ID for 5min straight. Total waste of my time and I will be filing a grevience.

Substitute Teacher Interview

Anonymous Employee in Memphis, TN

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Kelly Services (Memphis, TN) in January 2017.

Interview

we have to take a finger printing scan and we have to go through orientation to discuss the do's and dont's. We then have to take an assessment test to get a certificate to start working as a substitute teacher.

Work At Home Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Antonio, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Kelly Services (San Antonio, TX) in December 2016.

Interview

I applied online and had to do an assessment where I was rated for customer service. It's multiple choice, but instead of your typical A,B,C,D choices, you have to slide your answer for the best choice. I'd still treat it like a multiple choice and give a higher percentage toward the correct answer.

I received a message after I submitted the application that due to an increase for interest in the position there were no slots to schedule an interview. I waited a few days before I received an email stating I passed and asked me to do a grammar/typing test.

I passed the test but didn't see any results at all. After I passed, I had to wait a few more days. Eventually, I received a phone call that was for phone screening. That particular employer was a pleasure to speak to. He was professional and nice. He told me dates and times that were available for the video interview. I selected the date that worked best and I looked forward to it.

This next part is where I had a negative experience. After speaking to the phone screen employee and reading other interviews that people had, I expected my video interviewer to be nice. She wasn't. Right from the beginning, I could tell she was in a bad mood. She gave me attitude and didn't even allow me to say, "Hi how are you?"
    I had a feeling it wasn't going well. Then she proceeded to ask me the questions that others have been asked on their Interviews. It went smoothly, but she grilled me a lot on why I left my last job. The interview lasted about 30 minutes. She even told me I would receive a call within 24 hours to notify me if I had the job. I didn't receive that call. Instead, I received an email saying I had no job offer.

My last job was also an Apple Contract company. I had worked there for a total of 2 years, was a top performer, even floor walked and I had really good stats. It's a shame that just because this particular interviewer was unprofessional that I wasn't given a chance to show how much I could help the company.

I even explained in my interview that the reason I had to leave my job is because of transportation and I was currently unemployed. Interviews and the process of applying for jobs is a job in itself. There is no way my husband could have adjusted his schedule to meet mine. He was my main source of transportation. So we decided it would be best for me to resign which I did. I gave my previous employer 2 weeks notice.

This job would have been perfect since it was work at home and I wouldn't have to commute. I wish my last employer offered work at home and I would have stayed with them in a heartbeat. But personally, this job is really stressful. I had two years of experience and felt stressed. Customers have to be happy with you and give you good surveys otherwise your stats don't mean anything. I can't even imagine newcomers who will work here. They don't have the experience I do. If you can't handle angry customers and multi-tasking on the average, I would suggest not to apply. Apple customers get really angry when things don't go their way. They often leave dissatisfied surveys even if it's something beyond your control like another employee who messed up or long wait times.

Plus, if the interviewer would treat me this way I can only imagine how other employers would treat me. If they would be so unprofessional maybe it's best I didn't get the job. It's ok, I already had another work at home company offer me a job. They were a lot nicer. Sure I'll have to speak to customers on the phone but it's better than the stress this job will offer. I had the skills necessary and even more than some people who will apply here yet they denied me because I was unemployed. I was honest and they should have given me a chance. They really shouldn't be so picky. This job has a high turnover rate because how difficult Apple customers and high expectations from Apple are. They should be lucky to have people who even want to apply for a stressful company.

It was a waste of my time and I lost sleep waiting for Kelly to get back to me. During the whole process, they took too long. 3 weeks is a long time to wait. I'm glad I decided to apply for other companies or I'd be unemployed right now! They were professional up until the video interviewer process. I'd say save your time and avoid this company if you can.

But if you decide to go through with this position because you have no other choice, I'd suggest cleaning your room that you plan to work in and have your ID plus resume ready. And I hope you have a nice interviewer otherwise you will have a slim chance of being hired. Good luck! You will certainly need it.

Interview Questions

• They asked me why I left my job.   1 Answer
    • Give me an example of how you would complete a task with detailed instructions.   1 Answer
    • How would you deal with an irate customer?   1 Answer
    • How would you add an app from the App store?   1 Answer

Substitute Teacher Interview

Anonymous Employee in Little Rock, AR

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Kelly Services (Little Rock, AR).

Interview

They asked me how would I respond to out of control kids. What level of experience I had. Would I be willing to travel. I have enjoyed working with Kelly.

Production Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Taylors, SC

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Kelly Services (Taylors, SC) in December 2016.

Interview

I received a phone call and was asked if I would be interested in working light industry. The type of work was then explain to me. I stated in was interested and was than asked if I had any problems working holidays, overtime or weekend
    Of coursed I said no. I was offered any shift in wanted as, first, second or weekend. I expressed interest in first due to church commitments and was really assure that was no n problem. I was encouraged to take first because the was looking for people for first shift that would be on time and be present. Overall the interview was very pleasant and professional. The interview process itself flowed smoothly.

Interview Questions

• Did I have a high school diploma or equivalent?   1 Answer