Kelly Services Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Kelly Services Interview Questions

Updated Jul 20, 2017

2.2

Anonymous Employee in Pittston, PA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Kelly Services (Pittston, PA) in January 2017.

Interview

The interview process was very easy. For me, it entailed an impersonal sit-down with a representative. She asked very basic, no-brainer questions and confirmed my education background. She then explained the background check process that was required. After that, I went in for an informal presentation. There, they explain how their systems work, company rules, and basic rules to abide by. In all, very straight forward.

Interview Questions

• Can you pass all the background checks (all required checks are thoroughly explained)?   1 Answer

Work At Home Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Antonio, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Kelly Services (San Antonio, TX) in December 2016.

Interview

I applied online and had to do an assessment where I was rated for customer service. It's multiple choice, but instead of your typical A,B,C,D choices, you have to slide your answer for the best choice. I'd still treat it like a multiple choice and give a higher percentage toward the correct answer.

I received a message after I submitted the application that due to an increase for interest in the position there were no slots to schedule an interview. I waited a few days before I received an email stating I passed and asked me to do a grammar/typing test.

I passed the test but didn't see any results at all. After I passed, I had to wait a few more days. Eventually, I received a phone call that was for phone screening. That particular employer was a pleasure to speak to. He was professional and nice. He told me dates and times that were available for the video interview. I selected the date that worked best and I looked forward to it.

This next part is where I had a negative experience. After speaking to the phone screen employee and reading other interviews that people had, I expected my video interviewer to be nice. She wasn't. Right from the beginning, I could tell she was in a bad mood. She gave me attitude and didn't even allow me to say, "Hi how are you?"
    I had a feeling it wasn't going well. Then she proceeded to ask me the questions that others have been asked on their Interviews. It went smoothly, but she grilled me a lot on why I left my last job. The interview lasted about 30 minutes. She even told me I would receive a call within 24 hours to notify me if I had the job. I didn't receive that call. Instead, I received an email saying I had no job offer.

My last job was also an Apple Contract company. I had worked there for a total of 2 years, was a top performer, even floor walked and I had really good stats. It's a shame that just because this particular interviewer was unprofessional that I wasn't given a chance to show how much I could help the company.

I even explained in my interview that the reason I had to leave my job is because of transportation and I was currently unemployed. Interviews and the process of applying for jobs is a job in itself. There is no way my husband could have adjusted his schedule to meet mine. He was my main source of transportation. So we decided it would be best for me to resign which I did. I gave my previous employer 2 weeks notice.

This job would have been perfect since it was work at home and I wouldn't have to commute. I wish my last employer offered work at home and I would have stayed with them in a heartbeat. But personally, this job is really stressful. I had two years of experience and felt stressed. Customers have to be happy with you and give you good surveys otherwise your stats don't mean anything. I can't even imagine newcomers who will work here. They don't have the experience I do. If you can't handle angry customers and multi-tasking on the average, I would suggest not to apply. Apple customers get really angry when things don't go their way. They often leave dissatisfied surveys even if it's something beyond your control like another employee who messed up or long wait times.

Plus, if the interviewer would treat me this way I can only imagine how other employers would treat me. If they would be so unprofessional maybe it's best I didn't get the job. It's ok, I already had another work at home company offer me a job. They were a lot nicer. Sure I'll have to speak to customers on the phone but it's better than the stress this job will offer. I had the skills necessary and even more than some people who will apply here yet they denied me because I was unemployed. I was honest and they should have given me a chance. They really shouldn't be so picky. This job has a high turnover rate because how difficult Apple customers and high expectations from Apple are. They should be lucky to have people who even want to apply for a stressful company.

It was a waste of my time and I lost sleep waiting for Kelly to get back to me. During the whole process, they took too long. 3 weeks is a long time to wait. I'm glad I decided to apply for other companies or I'd be unemployed right now! They were professional up until the video interviewer process. I'd say save your time and avoid this company if you can.

But if you decide to go through with this position because you have no other choice, I'd suggest cleaning your room that you plan to work in and have your ID plus resume ready. And I hope you have a nice interviewer otherwise you will have a slim chance of being hired. Good luck! You will certainly need it.

Interview Questions

• They asked me why I left my job.   1 Answer
    • Give me an example of how you would complete a task with detailed instructions.   1 Answer
    • How would you deal with an irate customer?   1 Answer
    • How would you add an app from the App store?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Little Rock, AR

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Kelly Services (Little Rock, AR).

Interview

They asked me how would I respond to out of control kids. What level of experience I had. Would I be willing to travel. I have enjoyed working with Kelly.

Production Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Taylors, SC

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Kelly Services (Taylors, SC) in December 2016.

Interview

I received a phone call and was asked if I would be interested in working light industry. The type of work was then explain to me. I stated in was interested and was than asked if I had any problems working holidays, overtime or weekend
    Of coursed I said no. I was offered any shift in wanted as, first, second or weekend. I expressed interest in first due to church commitments and was really assure that was no n problem. I was encouraged to take first because the was looking for people for first shift that would be on time and be present. Overall the interview was very pleasant and professional. The interview process itself flowed smoothly.

Interview Questions

• Did I have a high school diploma or equivalent?   1 Answer

Apple At Home Advisor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Fayetteville, NC

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Kelly Services (Fayetteville, NC).

Interview

The process went very smoothly. I applied online through Monster.com. submitted my resume and answered all the questions. A day or 2 later I was invited to schedule a phone interview. I wasn't able to because there were no slots available. About 2 days later I was invited to schedule a Skype interview. I scheduled for a few days out. Skype interview went well and I was offered a job at the end of the interview pending completion of i9 and background check. I completed the i9 but am still waiting for my background check to be completed. It's been about 2.5 weeks since the day I first applied.

For Skype interview make sure you're dressed appropriately for an interview! Have your i.d with you, and be in your work space free from noise and clutter.

Business Development Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at Kelly Services (San Jose, CA).

Interview

Initial call with the Director of Sales and then an in person meeting with the Sales Director then was offered the job. I had another call with a sales lead who discussed how he found he was able to be successful and that guy eventually became a sales mentor when I was hired. The team then grouped together for a decision and then came back with an offer.

Interview Questions

• Mostly just talked about role related knowledge and the break down of earning potential with the company.   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Provo, UT

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Kelly Services (Provo, UT) in November 2016.

Interview

The interview was less like an interview and more like paper work. I spent about 40 minutes filling out information online and after I was done someone collected my required documents and asked me a few questions quickly and then set my appointment for my orientation.

Contractor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Lansing, MI

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Kelly Services (Lansing, MI).

Interview

You went in to take a typical administrative test. It was simple. Once done, they said you would hear from them once a position was available. You will need to stay on top of them, they have a lot of employees.

CustomerSupport Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Portland, OR

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Kelly Services (Portland, OR) in November 2016.

Interview

The people are human being and not a product on the market. One day before interview I received several calls and message requesting me about the interview, after that, nothing, no answer, no message, no feedback, no respect for others, no professional ethic. They are the worst

Recruiter Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Troy, MI

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Kelly Services (Troy, MI) in November 2016.

Interview

Had a phone screen and called in the next day. The overall experience of the interview went very quickly. I was scheduled a phone screen once I had the phone screen which took about 30 minutes I was scheduled on the phone after passing the phone screen for an in person interview.

Interview Questions

• How do you handle conflict with another team member
      THey asked me why was I interested in the position?
      They asked me why should I be picked for the position?   1 Answer