Kelly Services Substitute Teacher Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Kelly Services Substitute Teacher Interview Questions

Updated Feb 4, 2017

1.6

Anonymous Employee in Little Rock, AR

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Kelly Services (Little Rock, AR).

Interview

They asked me how would I respond to out of control kids. What level of experience I had. Would I be willing to travel. I have enjoyed working with Kelly.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Kelly Services

Anonymous Employee in Provo, UT

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Kelly Services (Provo, UT) in November 2016.

Interview

The interview was less like an interview and more like paper work. I spent about 40 minutes filling out information online and after I was done someone collected my required documents and asked me a few questions quickly and then set my appointment for my orientation.

Anonymous Employee in New London, CT

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Kelly Services (New London, CT) in September 2016.

Interview

Very easy. Asked questions about on how to handle certain situations in a classroom and why you think you would be a good substitute teacher. The manager was very relaxed and friendly. Not intimidating at all.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to be a substitute teacher?   1 Answer

Substitute Teacher Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Kelly Services in August 2016.

Interview

Over the phone, fairly quick and easy. They asked quite a bit of information just to make sure that I was qualified to do the job. They needed my transcript, Resume, Recommendation letters and a few more things, however after they received all of those things, the interview process became very easy.

Interview Questions

• Do I plan on becoming a teacher, and what grades i felt comfortable substituting for?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Marietta, GA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Kelly Services (Marietta, GA).

Interview

I was givenough Kelly Services number from the school district that uses them to find their substitute teachera. I have a brief discussion over the phone and then set up a formal interview.

The interview went well. We discussed my teaching background and the perks and salary of th company.
     After I passed the interview I took an online training and filled out the application. I had to get fingerprinta done as well as a Gbi background check.

Anonymous Employee in Rock Hill, SC

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Kelly Services (Rock Hill, SC) in January 2016.

Interview

Very straight and to the point. Questions were related to the job without the questions that are awkward and probing. Challenging questions were reasonable. The staff was kind and willing to help. The job was explained in detail with things to help in certain situations.

Anonymous Employee in Tampa, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Kelly Services (Tampa, FL) in December 2015.

Interview

The hiring process is pretty easy. Once you decide you want to work for them you schedule a time to come in for a group interview/training session. During my group interview each applicant was asked only one question. It didn't seem to me that they would actually turn anyone away. I went to school for education and have a teaching license but my interviewer wouldn't have known that from the "interview."

Interview Questions

• If students start fighting in your classroom, what do you do?   Answer Question

Substitute Teacher Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Kelly Services.

Interview

Applied online, sent my resume and had a face-to-face interview. The staff there was very friendly and I felt comfortable during the interview. I was offered a position the same day.

Anonymous Employee in Dothan, AL

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Kelly Services (Dothan, AL) in August 2015.

Interview

It was super simple, I called showing interest in becoming a substitute and a one on one interview was then set up for the following week. After the one on one interview, which was very simple and only had about 5 basic questions regarding child safety, I was instructed to have my fingerprints scanned as well as a substitute certificate. You have to pay for everything yourself so it's about $50 for prints and $30 for the certificate.

Interview Questions

• What would you do if you showed up to a class with no lesson plans for the day?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Orlando, FL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Kelly Services (Orlando, FL) in August 2015.

Interview

Formal salutations followed by background questions, which was followed by an invitation to the next the orientation. At the orientation, signing in to the substitution locator was discussed, followed by locations of possible school locations.

Interview Questions

• Have you substituted previously? Did you ever receive any disciplinarians ?   1 Answer

Negotiation

Very simplistic process. Substitutes are in high demand, and the choosing of applicants was not strict.