Kennametal Inspection Trinee In 1978 Interview Questions | Glassdoor

2.7

37 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Machine Operator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Solon, OH

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Kennametal (Solon, OH).

Interview

Got in for fast interview. They called and laft message for second interview and never answered my reply or got back to me.I also sent an email and called His man Resources Department and no reply. Bad way to run a business

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Kennametal

Manufacturing Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in State College, PA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Kennametal (State College, PA) in September 2016.

Interview

Spoke to representatives at campus career fair. Set up an on campus interview for the next day. Interview was conducted by three people, all very friendly. Questions were pretty normal compared to other interviews I have had.

Interview Questions

• Would you consider yourself someone that asks for permission or forgiveness?   1 Answer

Intern - Hourly Interview

Anonymous Employee in Pittsburgh, PA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Kennametal (Pittsburgh, PA) in April 2016.

Interview

On campus interview. Panel of 3 people. Standard 30-45 minutes’ interview. Resume was filtered and selected by the firm before short-listing candidates for interview. It was a 1-day event and the decisions were made within 1 week. The panel had a director and 2 senior analysts. They were looking for a mix of technology and business back ground.

Interview Questions

• Why Kennametal   1 Answer
    • Explain the most important process in a SDLC model   1 Answer

Marketing Interview

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Kennametal in March 2016.

Interview

Two phone calls, one with manager and one with a director. Very laid back and conversational. Interview with manager was slightly more laid back than director. Told of second interview during first interview, after second interview it was about 2 weeks before receiving an offer. HR was very slow during the process although the managers and directors were quick and responsive.

Interview Questions

• Name a strength and a weakness.   Answer Question
    • Talk of a time when you were working on a project and an unexpected problem occurred, and how you dealt with this problem.   Answer Question

Marketing Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Kennametal.

Interview

It depends on the position. Some have a phone interview first, others begin with a 1 on 1. Some even go through multiple interviews over a course of a day. It all depends on level of the position you are going for .

Payroll Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fort Mill, SC

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Kennametal (Fort Mill, SC) in May 2015.

Interview

Contacted by phone and scheduled for a 2hr in person interview. I did not think it would last the full 2 hours but once I got my confirmation email I saw that it was scheduled off into blocks to interview with 4 different people. First I interviewd with the hiring manager and her boss. General interview questions I.e. Tell me about yourself, give me examples of this..etc no really hard questions
    They gave me a lot of onfo on the company. I pretty much went over the same exact thing with all 4 interviewers just at different times.

Production Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Kennametal (Houston, TX) in December 2014.

Interview

Interviewed solely by the location plant manager. Discussed plant manager's vision for the position and plant. Discussed my experience and career goals as well as evaluating my understanding of the position requirements.

Interview Questions

• What were my career aspirations?   1 Answer

Internship Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Columbus, OH

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Kennametal (Columbus, OH) in October 2014.

Interview

Applied through university career center. Got in the interview with a sales manager and design manager. The process is relaxing, and there wasn't any difficult questions. Holding strong ethics is very important though

Interview Questions

• Just the standard behavioral questions such as what are you good at, what's your weakness   Answer Question

Engineer - Product Engineering Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Kennametal.

Interview

I handed in my resume at a job fair. A few months later HR called to set up an on site interview. I interviewed with an HR rep and my manager. A few days later I had a phone interview with my mangers boss. Within a few weeks, I had an offer.

Interview Questions

• My interviewers asked about my experience, knowledge, and extra curricular activities.   Answer Question

Negotiation

I asked for a higher salary. Kennametal came back with an even more generous number. Never take the first number, they already made up their minds that they want you.

Manufacturing Management Trainee - CHINA Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Kennametal in August 2014.

Interview

Several phone calls with HR department, a phone conference was set with Director Manufacturing, Asia & HR Business Partner.

Mostly experience and behavior based questions. No technical questions. The HR are highly unprofessional in Kennametal (CHINA), lots of personal questions like: "What's your parents thought of your career development?" or even "Is your education financially stressful for your family?"

It seems they are not ready for the rotational program. They don't even know what's the jobs will be during each of the location of the program.