Kennedy Krieger Institute Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Kennedy Krieger Institute Interview Questions

Updated Sep 28, 2017

2.5

Interview

One on one interview. Took less than an hour

Research Assistant I Interview

Interview

I applied the position online. And got an interview in about 2 weeks. The phone interview is mostly going through the resume, introducing what they are doing, etc. One week after I got an onsite interview. The PI interviewed me, still some basic questions about my current work and future plan.

Interview Questions

• Not so many difficult questions, for there was no actual technical question.   Answer Question

Clinical Assistant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Kennedy Krieger Institute in September 2016.

Interview

Applied online, got a call back to schedule interview. Interview in downtown Baltimore, you need to get a visitor's pass. Interview was a one on one, She shows you a video and asks you what you think?

Interview Questions

• Questions about availability and such and talks about pay and training period.   1 Answer

Clinical Assistant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Kennedy Krieger Institute in March 2011.

Interview

It was fine - took a while to actually get the interview but I had my first interview on a Thursday or Friday and had my second on the following Monday or Tuesday & was offered the job on the spot.

Negotiation

The pay rate for my position is set - no negotiating available.

Clinical Assistant I Interview

Anonymous Employee in Baltimore, MD

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Kennedy Krieger Institute (Baltimore, MD).

Interview

The interview process was quick and simple. Was initially contacted via email about scheduling an in-person interview. Completed the first and second interview in one day, followed by a tour of the facility.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time you've encountered a challenge with child behavior and how you resolved it.   Answer Question

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Kennedy Krieger Institute.

Interview

This was easy. Because I was an intern, the person I worked with recommended me for the position. I was called in for an interview one week after my internship ended and my orientation began the following week. During the interview I was asked questions about 3-step prompting which I was already familiar with. She explained the salary, gave me writing prompt and then gave a tour of the neurobehavioral unit

Interview Questions

• How would working here help with your career goals?   1 Answer

Program Aide I Interview

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Kennedy Krieger Institute in September 2013.

Interview

A friend who worked at KKI as a Program Aide told me I should apply. Initial contact by email was made within a week to set up an interview for the following. Entire process took about two weeks from application to hire. My one on one interview with the school manager was friendly, informative, and pleasant. She asked about my background working with youth, my skills in that field, how I would handle certain situations, and then we visited different areas and classes in the school to see how the different communities of students were in a normal setting. Due to the nature of the school and the various children's disorders, it ranged from orderly classes to kids screaming and being restrained and brought to the resource area when they became a threat to themselves or others. She asked if there was a certain class or community I felt I would fit best with. I stated one class and ended up being placed there.

Interview Questions

• Do you have any issue or problem physically restraining a combative child? I didn't since I've worked with difficult youths previously and gone through appropriate trainings on how to handle such situations.   Answer Question

Negotiation

There was no negotiation. The pay for Program Aides is set at $12/hr.

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Kennedy Krieger Institute.

Interview

Referred by an employee.
    Asked to send in CV.
    Quick phone interview asking basic biographical questions. Asked to come in for an interview.
    On-site interview was about 1.5 hours which included a tour, session with a current employee (more about seeing what working at KKI was like), and a interview with the manager. The interview with the manager involved talking about relevant skills, previous work experience, and behavioral skills.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work at KKI?
      Tell me about your previous work experience.
      What is your research experience? Have you been published? What was your research about?   Answer Question

Research Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Baltimore, MD

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Kennedy Krieger Institute (Baltimore, MD) in July 2012.

Interview

I submitted my resume to the company website many times before being contacted. I eventually received a call for an interview. My one on one interview only lasted about 30 minutes then I was given a brief tour. I was offered the job about a week later. The employer sent an orientation packet to my home to be completed prior to new hire orientation.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Baltimore, MD

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Kennedy Krieger Institute (Baltimore, MD) in November 2016.

Interview

I was called in for an interview expecting a traditional interview. The first part of this process was more informational - I learned about the position, Kennedy Krieger, and the amazing benefits package. I was with two other interviewees during this time. Individually we were asked to role play with the recruiter. At the end I was asked to schedule the second interview. The second interview was in ways more traditional. I was put in a room by myself to fill out a written questionnaire. After I was done the recruiter asked me logistical questions and took me on a tour of the Neurobehavioral Unit.

Interview Questions

• How does this position align with your career goals and interests?   Answer Question