Kennesaw State University Interview Questions in Kennesaw, GA | Glassdoor

Updated Jun 8, 2017

2.3

32 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Employee in Kennesaw, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Kennesaw State University (Kennesaw, GA) in September 2016.

Interview

I applied online and was contacted within a week by phone. The interview was very easy and relaxed. They asked me questions that they had already prepared. They wanted to know my background and about my previous jobs. They asked my major and how i think how this job would help with it. They wanted to know my schedule and availability. I interviewed with three people.

Anonymous Employee in Kennesaw, GA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Kennesaw State University (Kennesaw, GA) in August 2016.

Interview

Calm, fast and easy.
    There were 9 members of the administration sitting in front of me and each one had several questions to ask. Those questions were related to my background, my education and my motivation to work with them.

Interview Questions

• What experience do you have for this Job?   1 Answer

Statistics GTA Interview

Anonymous Employee in Kennesaw, GA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Kennesaw State University (Kennesaw, GA) in July 2016.

Interview

After submitting my Grad School Application, I was contacted based on my resume. I was asked to come in for an interview with my supervisor and a current GTA. I knew that I had the job before I left the interview.

Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kennesaw, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Kennesaw State University (Kennesaw, GA) in June 2016.

Interview

Application and interview process moved quickly and was upfront about low salary/no negotiating. Panel phone interview then 2 weeks later invited in for a full day (8 hours) interview, including a presentation, panel interviews, one on on interviews, and tour. (no travel reimbursement) Was told decision would be made by the end of the week, but over a month later (and many ignored emails) I got an email from HR saying they'd decided not to hire anyone. I am an alum and I had an "in" within the department. So definitely confusing and not very professional on their end.

Economics and Finance Tutor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Kennesaw, GA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at Kennesaw State University (Kennesaw, GA) in January 2016.

Interview

It wasn't really an interview. I met with the head of the tutoring department and we talked about my availability and which classes I felt comfortable tutoring. There was a form for me to fill out with my GPA, which classes I had taken and the grades I had made, and a few additional short questions.

Interview Questions

• How would you help a student that is struggling with a particular topic?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Kennesaw, GA

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Kennesaw State University (Kennesaw, GA) in September 2015.

Interview

There was not an interview. They just asked your availability and why you want to be a student assistant. Very easy. I would not recommend working for this team. The head coach has serious anger issues. I am pretty sure this program will tank, while taking everyone down with it. Just be careful. It looks great on a resume for anyone interested in the sports business.

Associate Director Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kennesaw, GA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Kennesaw State University (Kennesaw, GA) in June 2015.

Interview

Fairly laid back and routine interview. Opened with small talk with the usual transition to standard interview questions regarding my past professional experiences. There was also a query as to what transpired that is leading me to seek new employment.

Interview Questions

• Walk me through your resume highlighting some of the accomplishments you are most proud of in each role.   Answer Question

Assistant Professor, Economics and Finance Interview

Anonymous Employee in Kennesaw, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Kennesaw State University (Kennesaw, GA) in May 2015.

Interview

Easy interview. I don't remember all of the questions, but they were standard questions about why I wanted the job and my prior experience. They asked for references and wanted to know why I wanted to work in this department. I met with several employees and was given a tour of the office.

STARS Student Interview

Anonymous Employee in Kennesaw, GA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Kennesaw State University (Kennesaw, GA) in April 2015.

Interview

I was referred then asked to fill out an application in which an interview followed. The referral was based on my year in school as well as seen skills that would ideally match the role of assisting the director on the trip. It was later that week that I was contacted and asked a few questions. The application was fairly simple and the follow up even simpler.

Administrative Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Kennesaw, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Kennesaw State University (Kennesaw, GA).

Interview

The interview process was thorough because the interviewer was prepared, knew what to ask, took a lot of notes. I interviewed with the prospective supervisor, the supervisor's supervisor and then a panel.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about your background?

Tell me how you handled a stressful situation?

How do you think your experience will enrich this position?

Why are you the right candidate for this position?   Answer Question

Negotiation

Know your facts before trying to negotiate or accepting what is offered. All positions offers start at the minimum and there is room for flexibility but know what can be done before accepting or rejecting the salary.