Kenshoo Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Kenshoo Interview Questions

Interviews at Kenshoo

2.7

Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Kenshoo.

Interview

The weirdest interview I've had so far, I was emailed about my application to set up a phone screen. They sent me the available times and dates to choose from, however, I would get no response after I replied. They would email me a week later after the given dates had passed only to tell me "sorry that slot has been taken up already". This continued for 3 weeks until they finally decided on a day.

Interview Questions

• I was asked no questions, they just looked through my resume and critiqued my skills and accomplishments.   Answer Question

Client Success Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Kenshoo (San Francisco, CA) in October 2019.

Interview

Easy, pleasant interview. Took about 2-3 weeks from getting a phone call back to accepting an offer. Pretty general questions asking how I'd approach the job's tasks and what I would do to teach someone else how to use a software.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time you and a client had a conflict. How did you respond and how did the dynamic shift?   Answer Question
    • If you had to show someone how to use a software, what approach would you take in giving a demo?   Answer Question
    • If your life was a book, what would be the title?   Answer Question
    • Give a presentation explaining conversion tracking and attribution.   Answer Question

Support Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Kenshoo (Chicago, IL) in July 2019.

Interview

The interview process took 5 weeks. It started with an initial phone screen call with an HR personal for 30 minutes. It continued with another phone call with the manager of the support team for 30 minutes where skills and experience were discussed. After the second interview, I was asked to complete 2 sets of 30-40 multiple questions about SQL and object oriented programming. The following day, I was scheduled for an on-site interview in the Chicago office. The on-site interview included interviews with 4 personals: 1 HR personal, 2 team managers and 1 support team member. The technical portion consisted with questions about 4 different areas that needed to be complete within 1 hour: SQL, Data Analysis, Code Analysis and composite an email. Even thought I received a positive feedback during the interview and followed up with HR by sending emails, I received a general rejection email more then 2 weeks after the on-site interview with no personal feedback. Overall, I was disappointed with the approach that the company decide on how to treat potential candidates. The HR department kept on communication during the interview process however, post the on-site interview they leave their candidates with no response or a feedback on how they did. Candidates that invest time and effort to learn about the company culture and prove their experience for a potential role.

Interview Questions

• A set of reports are print from a queue. Why report X didn't print on time?   1 Answer
    • A select statement is running for 2 tables. Confirm if all data is printed or not. Please explain.   1 Answer

Client Success Director Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I interviewed at Kenshoo (Chicago, IL) in May 2019.

Interview

Coordinated a call with the recruiter for a 30 min intro only for her to never call. I sent a follow up email to reschedule the call which resulted in another no call. Didn’t bother following up again.

Support Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Kenshoo (San Francisco, CA) in October 2018.

Interview

A great prospective team and a smooth interview process. However, dealing with HR was interesting.

I thought everyone I met in person and spoke with over the phone was upfront and nice to me. They had a written test for my skills check which I wish was on a laptop. I enjoyed my interactions with my prospective manager.

The red flags in HR:
    1. Someone from HR was one of the interviewers during my final group interview stage. I thought that was odd but looked past it. Little did I know that this was a warning shot to tell me that HR is working on becoming better at benefits and service.
    2. Kenshoo sent an offer with the number of shares I would receive but no estimated value of what they could be worth. I realized they are private and not looking to go public. This means they have every right not to share that information. Kenshoo's argument was consistent that they are profitable. With other offers I have received, they give an approximation for the value of the shares with a disclosure saying it could fluctuate. Not sure why Kenshoo does not provide the same info. Perhaps it is an Israeli thing.
    3. I interacted mostly with HR in Chicago and New York. They were nice but then a couple weeks later after I had signed their offer, I received a higher one from another company. I reached out to Kenshoo again to see if they could match it. Kenshoo said no and if I had decided to stay with the company that I should consider the reputation I would have.
    4. I was planning to show up on my first day and thought they understood that I was upfront in the hiring process about my situation. However, it makes sense that my commitment was in question for bringing a competing outside offer after signing. Not certain of the legality of this but Kenshoo said my offer was considered void. Then I was told not to show up for my first day.
    5. Two months later, I received an official rejection email for the same role.

I want HR and the executives at Kenshoo are aware of this scenario. Hopefully, it is not a common occurrence. I hope for the sake of the current employees they do fix these issues.

Interview Questions

Kenshoo Response

Feb 4, 2019 – HR Manager

Thank you for sharing your feedback on the interview process. I'm sorry to hear part of your experience was not as positive as it could have been. I will say this situation was an exception and one we rarely find ourselves in. Our HR works closely with our teams throughout the hiring process and does interview all candidates for all positions. It is important to us as a company that potential hires are a good fit with our core values, our culture and are genuinely interested in building their careers as part of the Kenshoo family. Unfortunately we ultimately did not feel this was the case at the end of this process. Should you want to talk further, please feel free to reach out our HR team at hr-us@kenshoo.com. We wish you all the best, thank you.

Client Success Director Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Kenshoo.

Interview

Typical couple phone interviews before being asked to do a 3 hour interview in-person followed by a 30 minute presentation.

I'm assuming I never received an offer because I never heard back. Just as so many other reviews have stated on GD, if I am going to take time out of my busy schedule to do an on-site interview, at least have the courtesy to spend 2 minutes on a simple reply instead of not even acknowledging I took PTO to come and speak with you.
    - Very unprofessional
    - NO 401(k) match
    - No eye contact from some of interviewers
    - Check watches/phone in middle of presentation to check time
    - Even if offered, would have declined offer

Interview Questions

• Name a time when you and a client had conflicting ideas and how you went about solving it?   Answer Question

Senior Client Success Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Kenshoo (San Francisco, CA) in August 2018.

Interview

What threw me off the most about the interview process was being contacted via phone, with no scheduled meeting by a recruiter that I had no prior communication with in the process. She did not even identify who she was or what our conversation was going to be about and I felt pretty bombarded by her questions. She was also eating while talking to me on the phone (after playing phone tag). That actually really turned me off about the whole experience. She was unprofessional and it was an unpleasant conversation.

Interview Questions

• What is one super technical thing that you can confidently explain to anyone?   1 Answer
    • What is one question that you are surprised I have not asked you yet?   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a time you had to explain difficult news to a client and how you approached it.   Answer Question

Client Success Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Kenshoo (Chicago, IL).

Interview

Process took two weeks. Phone screen with Group Lead and in-person with 4 different people. After the interviews, you have to give a presentation. They provide all details on the presentation prior to the interview.

Interview Questions

• Several questions around how your prior experience would integrate with the positions responsibilities   Answer Question

Director Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Kenshoo (San Francisco, CA) in November 2017.

Interview

Was contacted by their recruiter regarding a director position. Had phone screen with hiring manager, then on-site with a few other folks — both phone screen and on-site went well and I felt some connections with the interviewers. I was open and transparent about the process with my other opportunities with the recruiter (since they asked) and wish they had returned the favor, considering the straightforward no nonsense culture Kenshoo is known for. I had to reach out after a week to find out they chose to go with someone else. What a shame since the company and people seem very solid!

Interview Questions

• Can you think of a time when you had a not so great client experience, how did you or the team deal with it?   Answer Question

Senior Product Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Kenshoo.

Interview

Started with a phone screen with a Recruitment Coordinator who wasn't exactly sure of the requirements of the role. They quickly offloaded to the hiring manager for a call. It quickly became obvious that the role that they wanted, the role they needed to hire, and role that the business was going fund were not the same. The general feel was that everyone was out for themselves and never gave a clear answer to simple concerns about the ambiguity of the role.

There isn't an option for the Outcome of:
    I ended the interview early. Politely told them that I'll follow up with the Recruitment Coordinator. The next day I wrote them stating that it wasn't a fit, with some honest feedback. They didn't respond at all until a month later from a very automated looking email thanking me for submitting my resume.

This was months ago. The role is still posted on their site.

Interview Questions

• Have you worked extensively with Facebook advertising?   1 Answer
    • Why Kenshoo?   1 Answer