Kentucky Department of Corrections Interview Questions | Glassdoor

2.6

Interviews for Top Jobs at Kentucky Department of Corrections

Correctional Officer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Louisville, KY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Kentucky Department of Corrections (Louisville, KY) in April 2017.

Interview

It was pretty cut and dry. Application online, if selected then an interview is scheduled (a lot of scenario based questions. "What would you do" type stuff). If interview is passed then they schedule you for a drug screening. If screening is passed then you are extended an offer.

Interview Questions

• What would you do if a fight broke out in your unit?   1 Answer

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Kentucky Department of Corrections.

Interview

Lengthy....Lots of red tape. First you apply online, then, IF, they choose you from a registry of names, you get called in for interview. After this, IF you are chosen, you will be called back in to submit to drug test and personality/psychological exam. IF you pass both of those, you are extended an offer. If you accept, it may take one week to four weeks to begin due to starting a pay cycle.

Interview Questions

• What is the mission statement of Probation/Parole/Corrections.   1 Answer

CUAII Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Kentucky Department of Corrections.

Interview

The interview consisted of a panel, with multiple executives sitting. Questions were detailed about policy and procedure, as well as management style and philosophy. I had a chance to ask questions and they were forthright with their answers. I have heard from others that questions for this position can vary greatly. There is a trend toward behavioral interviewing these days with the department from what I've heard.

Interview Questions

• How do you ensure that security and program staff work well together?   Answer Question

Chief Technology Officer I Interview

Anonymous Employee in Lagrange, KY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Kentucky Department of Corrections (Lagrange, KY) in March 2017.

Interview

Simple process. Questions are about how would you handle certain situations. If you pass the interview you will then return to do a urine drug test and fingerprints. The process is about three weeks to a month long.

Interview Questions

• How do you deal with stress?   1 Answer

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Kentucky Department of Corrections in November 2008.

Interview

Submitted application online via state personnel website.

1. Received phone call from District Supervisor to see if I was still interested in position.
    2. Was instructed to report to district office for interview.
    3. Interview with District Supervisor, assistant supervisor, and two Officers.

Questions were standard fare, such as "where do you see yourself", etc..

Interview Questions

• If a supervisor told you to do something, but you didn't agree with it, what would you do?   1 Answer

Negotiation

No negotiation.