Keppel Offshore & Marine Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Keppel Offshore & Marine Interview Questions

Updated Mar 17, 2017

2.9

Graduate Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Tuas (Singapore)

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Keppel Offshore & Marine (Tuas (Singapore)).

Interview

The interview was smooth. They didn't really asked very difficult questions coz mainly I think they are just looking to hire people during their peak period. They looked at your CCA achievement and how were you about to contribute to their annual Keppel Games, a sport competitions across the BU.

Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Keppel Offshore & Marine.

Interview

very straight forward. Interviewed by the section manager and the hr manager. After the interview, there is a simple written test, mainly to test on command of english. There is also a simple questionaire mainly to understand your character.

Purchasing Executive (Senior) Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tuas (Singapore)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Keppel Offshore & Marine (Tuas (Singapore)) in June 2015.

Interview

I am a Malaysian and applied for this role via their web portal on the 8th May 2015 and received their call for the interview on the 23rd June 2015. Travel all the way from KL to Singapore on the 29th June itself where the interview was by scheduled by noon. Stopped at Joon koon MRT Station and only SGD5 for the cab ride from the MRT station to their main office @ 15 Benoi Rd, Tuas.

Interview Questions

• They more on getting the facts on your experience on what was your previous experience on Purchasing role and how did I manage all the processes. Pretty kindda a bit bored and seems like I do more on the talking (was shaking and I dont know why!). 3 interviewers 1 from HR 2 the hiring managers. The interview were very strainght forward not sure if they really interested to hire a Malaysian? if not why bother to call me for the interview??? and lastly they ask about my expectation salary and what is my weakness and streghts   1 Answer

Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tuas (Singapore)

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Keppel Offshore & Marine (Tuas (Singapore)) in June 2015.

Interview

interview was in keppel shipyard.it was about an hour long interview. it was conucted by two managers & hr. there were many technicals questions asked.i was called for interview after a week of applying online.interview was a bit tough.

Interview Questions

• all technical questions like, tell me the details of fire rated doors?   Answer Question

Management Associate Interview

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Keppel Offshore & Marine.

Interview

I was contacted by an HR executive about a week after a job fair who scheduled an interview for the following week. Keppel Shipyard itself is very far from the MRT, so make sure you reach Boon Lay about an hour before you intend to reach, the bus ride took 40 minutes for me. (I believe the company provides shuttle buses for their full-time employees) In addition, none of the HR had prepared me for a long wait for the security (It took me 20 minutes), hence I ended up being late. They only mentioned to arrive half an hour before my scheduled time to complete administrative document, but only managed to arrive 10 minutes earlier at the office. The office is a long walk from the security as well, do take note and give yourself ample leeway. I believe this might be one of the reasons my interviewers were extremely harsh on me.

The start was steady and the usual questions like tell me about your experiences, strengths and weaknesses etc. Slowly, one of them strongly fixated on the fact that I had no relevant experience. He also asked me questions related to the role which differed from my previous experiences, so I was not the most prepared. He felt I had no understanding of the industry and company, which I admit is true, but I assumed that these were things that could be learnt on the job since they were the ones who selected me for an interview. He mentioned that the role is extremely boring, routine based with a lot of paperwork and long hours. In my opinion, this interviewer was also extremely unprofessional, rude and condescending because he laughed and rolled his eyes at my answers. At that point, I knew that this company, this type of employers and this role was not for me, so I withdrew on the spot. In addition, I felt I was misinformed about the management associate program during the job fair because I was under the impression there was rotation within various roles within the team. During the interview, they told me the rotation is to orientate you with operations, which frankly every company does at the start.

Overall, the reason I put this as a very easy interview is because I knew immediately through the interview that I would be terribly unhappy for working with a company and people that believe putting down your potential employees is the way to go, especially when the current best practices clearly indicate that how important the interview process is in a person's decision to take up a job in the company. As successful as Keppel is world-wide and in Singapore, throwing around an extremely high bonus does not give you a ticket to be rude and condescending. Also, in my personal opinion, the returns on these long hours are extremely poor, there are other companies and jobs (such as investment bankers, recruitment consultants, lawyers etc.) with a better environment and culture that provide better pay, progression and respect. Keppel needs to step up in all aspects of the HR processes, from recruitment to compensation to work-life balance.

Interview Questions

• Why should we hire you when you have no relevant experience?   Answer Question

Researcher Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Keppel Offshore & Marine in June 2014.

Interview

Processing took about 3-4 weeks before HR called to arrange for an interview. Had 2 rounds of interview. First round with the HR and department head (eventually your immediate boss) to understand more about the job scope and daily activities. The second round was solo with the higher management, director.

Graduate Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Singapore (Singapore)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Keppel Offshore & Marine (Singapore (Singapore)) in March 2014.

Interview

I applied for the position during the career fair in campus. Within a month, I received a call from the HR who asked about my internship experience, my interest and why I want to join the company. Then I was scheduled for an interview which was held 2 days later.

For the interview, which lasted for 30 mimutes, I was interviewed by a HR personnel and an Assistant General Manager (Operations). Questions asked were general and the interviewers were looking for people who are passionate in joining the industry and are able to handle stress in the production department, esprcially when tight datelines have to be met. The AGM also shared about the challenges of the job and mentioned about the environment and working hours.

Interview Questions

• Tell more about your yourself and your family.
      Why should we hire you?
      How do you think your field of study can contribute to the company?
      Answer Question

Procurement Officer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Tuas (Singapore)

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Keppel Offshore & Marine (Tuas (Singapore)) in March 2014.

Interview

Had a screening interview at the campus; asked to be nominated for procurement post, was directed from Keppel fels to Keppel shipyard.

Had another interview at the Keppel shipyard and interview with the management and a HR. Interview process was quite harsh as the management was trying to shoot me down.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Not much negotiation phase

Buyer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Singapore (Singapore)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Keppel Offshore & Marine (Singapore (Singapore)) in February 2014.

Interview

2 rounds of interview, 1st with HR & line mgr, 2nd with HR director & dept director. Process is quite fast. Results of 1st round given in 3 days. Results of 2nd round in 1 week. However, they always mention the need to work OT & weekends.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

They keep mentioning bonus, so no room for nego

Scholarship Applications Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Singapore (Singapore)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Keppel Offshore & Marine (Singapore (Singapore)) in May 2013.

Interview

There is 5 rounds of selection, from a tea session where you will be brought around the various workplace location for exposure. Subsequently you will be brought to the HQ for networking and there will be some activities which they will assess you.

If you are successful, they will inform you and you will go through a panel interview with the company's HR department and some engineers.

After which, there will be an assessment day where you will be required to sit through some tests.

Subsequently there will be a interview with the higher management followed by a final one with the key appointment holders.