Ketchum Intern Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Ketchum Intern Interview Questions

2.9

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at Ketchum (Chicago, IL) in June 2014.

Interview

Interview is with account leads you would work with. Great people, aren't trying to trick you, just trying to see if you'll fit with the culture. A writing test is required after. A presentation is optional. Very basic questions.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

None as an intern.

Other Interview Reviews for Ketchum

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Ketchum.

Interview

I applied online on the career development site and was contacted by a very nice recruiter within a week. The phone screen was standard but thorough, we spoke about education and experience. I was contacted the following week for onsite interview with the team. There were multiple round of interviews.

Interview Questions

• They want to hear how much you would love working there   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Interview

Applied online and they got back to me via email letting me know that I had made it to the next round. Next round was answering questions from a form they sent about the best PR campaign I had seen and I would be a good fit for the job.

Interview Questions

• What is the best PR campaign you've come across recently?   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Ketchum.

Interview

First I had an initial phone call with HR and then I spoke with the team leader. After that I was giving a writing test and a few weeks later I was called that I had gotten the position.

Interview Questions

• Be sure to know exactly what the team you are applying for does.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Ketchum (San Francisco, CA).

Interview

Was interviewed by the sustainability and pr groups of the company for a sustainability internship. Pleasant and nice staff who asked high quality questions about my experiences, which were not traditional because I have a background in science rather than pr or business.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Ketchum (New York, NY) in March 2013.

Interview

Was contacted via email for a phone interview after application. Went through two rounds of interviews. Interviewers very positive and supportive. Even if it was phone interviews, they were very conversational. Very efficient communication. Although I was not selected in the end, I felt being respected and might go back and apply with them again.

Interview Questions

• All are common interview questions about your previous experience and knowledge in PR. (e.g. tell me about the XYZ internship you have done; why PR)   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Ketchum (San Francisco, CA).

Interview

After sending in an application, you answer 4-5 questions about the PR industry (mostly creative). Then there is an initial phone interview with HR, and if you make it through you have a separate phone interview with the practice(s) you applied for.

Interview Questions

• What are the top 10 brands that you would like to work for?   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation -- flat hourly rate for a 3 month internship

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Ketchum (San Francisco, CA).

Interview

Consists of a short written essay, Phone interview with HR, Phone interview with 2 team members for each team you applied for and a references check. Everyone I spoke with was friendly and once the interviews start, the process moves fairly quickly.

Interview Questions

• If you could work for any 5 Corporate companies, who would they be?   Answer Question

Negotiation

Non-negotiable

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Ketchum (New York, NY) in March 2011.

Interview

The interview process was very long and very drawn out. There were a few rounds of interviews, followed by a press release contest, as well as an online video contest. In the final interview, the team sounded generally disinterested in hiring.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Ketchum (San Francisco, CA) in April 2010.

Interview

I applied online (resume, cover letter, essays, the whole long process.), and they called me because they liked my cover letter. The interviewer was very complimentary, almost to a fault. He gave me a false sense of security and spoke as if I had already landed the internship--praising my answers, sounding impressed, agreeing with everything I said, etc. And he didn't sound a year older than me.
    After the interview, he said I'd be hearing back from him in within the next week for a second interview, but the next communication I received was a rejection email. All it said was that they were looking for someone with more experience. I found that strange, since I was applying to a summer internship position.

Interview Questions

• What accomplishment were you most proud of while you worked as a ___?   1 Answer
    • If you received $5000 today, and could use it any way you wanted (other than on yourself), what would you do?   1 Answer