Ketchum Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Ketchum Interview Questions

Updated Jul 18, 2018

2.9

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Ketchum in November 2007.

Interview

I applied online, got a phone interview and then went in for an in-person interview and skills test a few days later. A few days after that I was offered a job and accepted. The people were nice, the questions were of average difficulty, mostly standard interview questions that you can prepare and plan for. The skills test was writing a press release and answering some current events questions, mostly designed to show you understand some of the things going on in the world. They said it was an environment where they had fun as well as worked hard, but it was mostly just working a lot.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

They were not negotiable on salary at all, which was really frustrating.

Internship Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Ketchum (Washington, DC) in April 2017.

Interview

Their selection process took several weeks. Potential candidates were invited to join a challenge and submit a digital and print campaign. Candidates could earn points by commenting on other candidates submissions and through votes from other candidates. The top players move forward in the interview process. I was a top 10 finalist out of 75.

Interview Questions

• Describe previous agency experience.   1 Answer

Internship Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Ketchum (Los Angeles, CA) in January 2017.

Interview

Very long and drawn out process with numerous rounds of interviews. There was this online game thing where candidates created different campaigns for different products. Following that was a phone interview, and I believe after that was a video or in-person interview, but I was rejected after the phone interview. There was a lot of waiting between rounds and I put a lot of work and energy into the first round, did very well and thought I would advance easily, however the phone interview was very awkward and despite thinking I was prepared, was thrown off by some questions.

Interview Questions

• They asked about social media usage and some interesting campaigns on social media that I was interested in from a marketing perspective.   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Ketchum in April 2017.

Interview

The application process starts with submitting a cover letter and resume - normal.

After that, Ketchum has devised a "fun" and "interactive" way to make their Summer Fellows Program application one-of-a-kind. Those who proceed into the next phase have to play "LaunchPad." The game requires each applicant to fill out an anonymous profile and then complete two challenge question -one strategy marketing plan and one creative marketing plan for a two companies that each applicant is briefed on beforehand.

Applicants have 3 days to complete the challenge question after which the portal enters the "interactive" phase where applicants have to read, comment, and vote for other applicant answers to the challenge questions to earn points.

Only those with the highest number of points move forward in the application process.

A month after playing LaunchPad, a Ketchum recruiting representative got back to me to set up a phone interview. The interview was intense, short and impersonal. The woman I spoke with was rather abrupt and brief - which came off as unfriendly.

Ketchum is a great agency - there is no doubt about that, however their attempt at making their interview process "hip", actually results in an unnecessarily complicated and lengthy procedure.

Interview Questions

• What are the top 5 companies you want to work for and why?

Can you tell me a piece of positive feedback you've received on your writing? Negative feedback?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Ketchum (New York, NY) in March 2011.

Interview

The interview process was very long and very drawn out. There were a few rounds of interviews, followed by a press release contest, as well as an online video contest. In the final interview, the team sounded generally disinterested in hiring.

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Ketchum.

Interview

First I had an initial phone call with HR and then I spoke with the team leader. After that I was giving a writing test and a few weeks later I was called that I had gotten the position.

Interview Questions

• Be sure to know exactly what the team you are applying for does.   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Ketchum.

Interview

I applied online on the career development site and was contacted by a very nice recruiter within a week. The phone screen was standard but thorough, we spoke about education and experience. I was contacted the following week for onsite interview with the team. There were multiple round of interviews.

Interview Questions

• They want to hear how much you would love working there   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Interview

Applied online and they got back to me via email letting me know that I had made it to the next round. Next round was answering questions from a form they sent about the best PR campaign I had seen and I would be a good fit for the job.

Interview Questions

• What is the best PR campaign you've come across recently?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Ketchum (San Francisco, CA) in April 2010.

Interview

I applied online (resume, cover letter, essays, the whole long process.), and they called me because they liked my cover letter. The interviewer was very complimentary, almost to a fault. He gave me a false sense of security and spoke as if I had already landed the internship--praising my answers, sounding impressed, agreeing with everything I said, etc. And he didn't sound a year older than me.
    After the interview, he said I'd be hearing back from him in within the next week for a second interview, but the next communication I received was a rejection email. All it said was that they were looking for someone with more experience. I found that strange, since I was applying to a summer internship position.

Interview Questions

• What accomplishment were you most proud of while you worked as a ___?   1 Answer
    • If you received $5000 today, and could use it any way you wanted (other than on yourself), what would you do?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Ketchum (New York, NY) in March 2013.

Interview

Was contacted via email for a phone interview after application. Went through two rounds of interviews. Interviewers very positive and supportive. Even if it was phone interviews, they were very conversational. Very efficient communication. Although I was not selected in the end, I felt being respected and might go back and apply with them again.

Interview Questions

• All are common interview questions about your previous experience and knowledge in PR. (e.g. tell me about the XYZ internship you have done; why PR)   Answer Question