Ketchum Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Ketchum Interview Questions

Updated May 4, 2017

2.9

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Ketchum (New York, NY).

Interview

After three months of passing through different rounds of interviews, interviewing with different teams and getting only positive feedback, they let me know that i did not get the internship - which sucked. I enjoyed it though. Interesting process. Not the old submit resume, boring interview and wait.

Interview Questions

• What makes your previous experience applicable to this internship   Answer Question

Research Associate Interview

Interview

I applied online and was contacted for a phone interview the same day. The recruiter just asked me how I had found out about Ketchum and I explained how I had heard about it from a friend who used to work there. That was her only question for me. Then she said that the position had been filled but that she would keep me in mind for future opportunities. Very odd conduct, as I had been enthusiastic and polite and had the requisite experience for this position. Seemed unprofessional.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Ketchum (New York, NY).

Interview

I made it past LaunchPad to a first-round interview with HR. My interview was scheduled for a Tuesday at 10 am. On Monday at 9 am, I received a call from HR calling for my interview. I told her that my interview was scheduled for tomorrow at 10, and had the email to prove it, but I was flexible and could do it now if needed. She said no, her mistake and called me at the scheduled time the next day. Interview went well.
    I moved on to a second-round with the team. HR asked for my availability and I sent it to them immediately for the next two weeks. A week and a half later, HR emailed me my scheduled interview time, but by then, a very important meeting had come up during that time. I asked to reschedule, giving plenty of options of availability. HR never got back to me. The next day at 5 pm, I got a call from the team conducting my interview. I decided to show I was flexible and conducted the interview then, without any materials (copy of my resume, even a piece of paper and pen). The interview went great, considering I was unprepared. But, it could have been much better if I were prepared and actually knew any information about my interview time. Ketchum's HR department messed up both of my interviews, which, in my opinion, was unprofessional, unfair and hurt my performance.

Interview Questions

• What experience do you have, etc. (general interview questions)   Answer Question

Coordinator Interview

Application

The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Ketchum.

Interview

- Applied via LinkedIn and was also referred via staffing agency, contacted shortly thereafter (1-2 weeks?)
    - Had a phone interview with HR, pretty standard
    - Follow-up call with hiring manager, standard questions and learned more about role
    - Office visit with 3 separate interviewers, seemed a bit redundant but they were all extremely nice
    - Timed presentation-building/writing task, reasonable and not particularly difficult if you have previous experience
    - Told that I was the person they planned to hire
    (INSERT MONTH OR 1.5 MONTHS LATER)
    - Am told there are some delays due to financial elements
    - Received formal offer after telling recruiter I had received another offer that day

It's really too bad that they couldn't mobilize on the offer because I would have been tempted to take it at the time but during the lag found another opportunity and received an offer I couldn't refuse. Seems like a pretty good place to work (esp. for an agency), but there may be some disorganization/financial issues behind-the-scenes which was a big red flag.

Fellow Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Interview

Let me start by saying that placement in how high you score on the game doesn't equate to getting a position. I had placed 3rd through a rigorous 2 week process on Launchpad (an interactive game). Because of my placement I received an invitation to move forward for the next step in the process which was a screening interview. The recruiter was extremely cold and didn't respond to any of my answers. The phone call lasted no longer than 15 minutes. I was honestly surprised to receive an invitation for a Skype interview for the location I applied for because of the negativity I felt from my first screener. Nonetheless I did the Skype interview and felt that it went smoothly and was genuinely excited. I was contacted for more paperwork to be filled out and was told there would be next steps after completion of the employment application. Two weeks went by and I had to follow up with the Vice President of HR of the region I was applying for for her to tell me they had picked another candidate. Had I not been ghosted for so long I doubt I'd carry resentment.

Piece of advice: Don't waste your time being strung out for 2+ months by a company that sees you as disposable. There are MANY other companies that are deserving of your time and energy.

Fellow Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 8+ weeks. I interviewed at Ketchum.

Interview

Applied and passed the first round (almost everyone does). Next, you play this game writing two campaigns about random topics. Points are awarded for comments and positive votes. However, this may seem fun but it is terrible. I have no faith in this company hiring actual talent. They valued per reviews more than actual employees. Not to mention 300 people played this game for less than 10 spots.

Summer Fellow Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Ketchum in March 2017.

Interview

I applied online and a month after, I was chosen to participate LaunchPad - an online interactive game. And two weeks and a half after, I got an invitation to have a phone interview with HR.

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Ketchum (New York, NY) in March 2017.

Interview

I applied online and got a first round response (almost everyone does). Next, I played a game in which you are required to write two campaigns about random topics. Points are awarded for comments and positive votes from fellow applicants in the game. In response to my amount of points, I received an interview. I then went on to the next stage for a second round interview. The interviewers were relatively laid-back and friendly. Great experience overall!

Summer Fellow Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Ketchum in March 2017.

Interview

After submitting my resume and cover letter online, I was invited to participate in LaunchPad (I think basically everyone is), where candidates had to write two PR campaigns, vote and comment on others, and wait for their own to be voted and commented on. After that, I was contacted about an HR interview. The interviewer was incredibly nice and the conversation was great, just basic getting-to-know you kind of questions, although far more comprehensive than other HR screenings I've had. I then was contacted about having two more interviews, with team members of both of my top practice areas. Again, the conversation was very natural and smooth with very normal, expected questions. Overall, Ketchum was very pleasurable to work with and always gave updates when they said they would. It was a long process, but, other than LaunchPad, nothing too tricky or unusual.

Summer Fellow Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Ketchum in February 2017.

Interview

The hiring process was complex. First their is a two week long competition to get a phone interview, then a 15 minute phone interview, and then video interview. The process took longer than they said it would, I made it up to the phone interview stage. But it was over before it even started. The interviewer called late, asked vague questions in a bored and dismissive tone, responded negatively to discussion or questions, and was in a hurry to get off the phone. I wish they wouldn't have bothered to interview me in the first place with that kind of attitude. I spent hours preparing and never even had a chance.

Interview Questions

• Walk me through your resume. Start anywhere, I don't care.   1 Answer