Ketchum Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Ketchum Interview Questions

Updated Sep 9, 2017

2.9

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Ketchum (New York, NY) in March 2017.

Interview

I applied online and got a first round response (almost everyone does). Next, I played a game in which you are required to write two campaigns about random topics. Points are awarded for comments and positive votes from fellow applicants in the game. In response to my amount of points, I received an interview. I then went on to the next stage for a second round interview. The interviewers were relatively laid-back and friendly. Great experience overall!

Summer Fellow Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Ketchum in March 2017.

Interview

After submitting my resume and cover letter online, I was invited to participate in LaunchPad (I think basically everyone is), where candidates had to write two PR campaigns, vote and comment on others, and wait for their own to be voted and commented on. After that, I was contacted about an HR interview. The interviewer was incredibly nice and the conversation was great, just basic getting-to-know you kind of questions, although far more comprehensive than other HR screenings I've had. I then was contacted about having two more interviews, with team members of both of my top practice areas. Again, the conversation was very natural and smooth with very normal, expected questions. Overall, Ketchum was very pleasurable to work with and always gave updates when they said they would. It was a long process, but, other than LaunchPad, nothing too tricky or unusual.

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Ketchum (San Francisco, CA) in March 2017.

Interview

First you compete in a gamified system that allows you to create hypothetical campaigns based on the prompts given. This process lasts a couple weeks and top scorers are selected for first rounds of interviews. The first interview is about 30 minutes long and is with the HR director at the particular office selected. It was a pretty standard interview but have questions prepared. It was about 20 - 30 minutes long. If that interview goes well you'll be selected for a second interview with the specific in the practice you applied for (example: Technology, Brand, Food etc). I ended up interviewing with two teams (most interns only interview with one). Both teams were very friendly and easy to talk to and even though both interviews were 30 minutes or more they seemed to fly by. While the overall process lasted months they were great at keeping everyone well informed through each step of the application process. Every interview I had was done over the phone.

Interview Questions

• Tell us about your previous experience   1 Answer
    • Name 5 brands you'd like to work with   1 Answer
    • Where do you get your news   1 Answer

Summer Fellow Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Ketchum in February 2017.

Interview

The hiring process was complex. First their is a two week long competition to get a phone interview, then a 15 minute phone interview, and then video interview. The process took longer than they said it would, I made it up to the phone interview stage. But it was over before it even started. The interviewer called late, asked vague questions in a bored and dismissive tone, responded negatively to discussion or questions, and was in a hurry to get off the phone. I wish they wouldn't have bothered to interview me in the first place with that kind of attitude. I spent hours preparing and never even had a chance.

Interview Questions

• Walk me through your resume. Start anywhere, I don't care.   1 Answer

Fellow Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Ketchum in February 2017.

Interview

Started with online LaunchPad interactive game. I placed 3rd for my location, after putting hours and hours of work into the game. It was 2 writing challenges where you earn points through interactions with other players. As I placed in the top I received notice I'd be moving on to an HR phone screening. I was extremely disappointed with how I was treated on this phone call. The HR rep seemed completely uninterested in me. I answered all questions very well in my opinion. She didn't even give me a chance to ask any questions. The call lasted less than 5 minutes. I felt like I got the short end of the stick with her after I worked hard and placed so highly in the game. Weeks later I got an email saying I was not moving forward.

Research Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Ketchum (New York, NY) in December 2016.

Interview

Phone screen interview from the manager of the Talent Acquisition
    Lasted for about 20 min
    First of all, the manager introduced the company and what they looked for in this position. Then we discussed my qualification. In the end, I was also asked about my expected salary and was told to wait for a follow-up with people from the technical department

Interview Questions

• Questions mostly follow along with my resume. The recruiter asked me to describe my research experience   Answer Question

Research Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Ketchum (New York, NY) in December 2016.

Interview

I applied online for the position of research association in the analytics division. I received an email about a month later to set up a time for an hr call. The hr lady asked the typical questions and then said she would put me in touch with the head of the DC office once I emailed her a list of days and times that would work for the next phone interview. I emailed the same lady to confirm that she had received my message, and she replied that should would get back in touch with me once the person in DC sent her the available times. Haven't heard from her since and have accepted a different job offer.

Senior Art Director Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Ketchum (San Francisco, CA) in December 2016.

Interview

I received notice of the position through a staffing agency around Thanksgiving. I did not receive final go ahead to start work until January. There were 7 interviews with 9 different people, each with their own set of questions and interests. While thorough, it was ultimately pointless as they eliminated my position a month later.

Interview Questions

• How would you rater your entrepreneurship?   1 Answer

Account Supervisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Ketchum (Chicago, IL).

Interview

Working with recruiter, phone interview, followed by meeting three members of the team together for one hour (though I was told I would meet separately for 1/2 hour each with four members); Lots of back and forth with what clients needed work before the interview was set up; I was put off by the team members who didn't smile or greet me positively; I am not a fan of panel interviews, especially because the two less senior people really deferred to the most senior person and were disengaged. They also talked a lot about the person who was previously in the role and how sad they were they left, which put me off. I sent a follow-up email and did not get a response from any team member.

Interview Questions

• The interview started with a challenging question about what I would do in a particular client situation. It did not feel like there was a progression that started with my background or experiences so I was taken off guard.   Answer Question

Account Management Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Ketchum (Chicago, IL) in September 2016.

Interview

Applied online and two weeks later received an email to setup a phone interview. The phone interview was conducted by HR and just asked basic questions about my work experience. The following day I was asked for my availability to come in and interview with the team. I put together a 15-minute presentation highlighting my previous, relevant work. After that, I was asked questions by team members and I was able to ask them questions about the internship. I received an offer the next day!

Interview Questions

Negotiation

N/A