Ketchum Interview Questions in Washington, DC | Glassdoor

Ketchum Interview Questions in Washington, DC

Account Executive Interview

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3+ weeks. I interviewed at Ketchum (Washington, DC).

Interview

The interview process lasted about three and a half weeks from initial contact to offer letter. The HR representative with whom I worked was absolutely excellent. She responded to all of my inquiries within 12 hours and would periodically check in without my first reaching out in order to update me.

The process was comprised of a screener phone call, round one interview, writing test, and a second round of interview with a larger part of the team.

Interview Questions

• If I wasn't doing public relations, what would I be doing?   Answer Question

Account Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Ketchum (Washington, DC) in August 2015.

Interview

I applied online and through a referal and then was contacted by HR to meet with my potential manager and a VP in the practice. Afterwards, they sent me a 2 hour writing test that involved typical prompts in most pr interviews. The last step was for me to interview with the practice director which was 30mins. HR was very receptive and made the process go smoothly.

Account Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Ketchum (Washington, DC) in April 2015.

Interview

It was quick. I applied through a connection, had an interview the next week with four members of the team I would possibly be working with, and then was given a writing test the following week.

Interview Questions

• What skills do you possess that would apply to this position?   Answer Question

Senior Account Executive Interview

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 6+ months. I interviewed at Ketchum (Washington, DC).

Interview

Was contacted by a recruiter on LinkedIn, conducted several phone interviews and then met with team members in person. Didn't hear back for several months (was told the position was never filled) and HR reached back out to me for the same position. I met with several more team members in person to determine what account teams I would be on, completed a writing test and received an offer within a week or so.

Interview Questions

• No curve ball questions, but more about demonstrating your passion for the industry, fresh thinking and examples of when you've gone above and beyond to ensure smart work vs. just completing a task. Mostly judged on your approach to questions and situations.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Received offer over the phone and negotiated higher salary and additional PTO during same conversation.

Account Supervisor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 6+ months. I interviewed at Ketchum (Washington, DC).

Interview

Knowing people within the company, the interview process was robust, but casual. I met with multiple people from HR and individuals from every department that I would work with in the future. The interviews turned into a consulting opportunity which led to full time employment almost four months later.

Interview Questions

• Met with the head of the office during the first in-person meeting.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Once the offer came through they sat me in a room and didn't offer to negotiate when I requested changes. I will admit that I didn't push come prepared to negotiate.

Account Supervisor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Ketchum (Washington, DC) in August 2011.

Interview

Had 3 rounds of in-person interviews.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Easy. HR is wonderful.

Public Affairs Interview

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Ketchum (Washington, DC) in April 2011.

Interview

While the process took longer than other interviews I've had, the staff at Ketchum was transparent (as much as possible, anyway) throughout several rounds of interviews. They were flexible in finding the right practice group and position. Even the more junior staff with whom I interviewed came prepared with smart questions about my experience and management style. The office takes new hires seriously, so come prepared to answer detailed questions about your experience and what you would add to the team.

Interview Questions

• Describe a recent situation in which you've had to turn around a struggling client relationship.   Answer Question

Senior Developer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Ketchum (Washington, DC) in May 2010.

Interview

Several rounds of interviews, starting with a phone interview.

Negotiation

There is a LOT of up-selling and bait-and-switch. Make sure that the position you accept is the one you were originally offered. Many people at Ketchum have VP titles, so don't assume you will have a managerial position just because your title sounds like one. In fact, don't assume that the job description you read even matches the actual position offered.