KeyBank Relationship Manager Interview Questions | Glassdoor

KeyBank Relationship Manager Interview Questions

Updated Nov 24, 2016

2.9

Licensed Relationship Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at KeyBank.

Interview

First interview with independent HR person. Send me on to the next round after a few weeks. Waiting to do the second face to face interview. Basic questions about dates I worked at previous jobs and why I left.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Carmel, IN

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at KeyBank (Carmel, IN) in May 2016.

Interview

Worst interview process ever. Recruiter contacted me from LinkedIn and interviewed me via phone. Went to 5 face to face interviews, 3 telephone interviews, went through 3 different recruiters (none knew what the previous had done) and after 4 long months, still no offer. The Area Retail Leader seemed to really liked me and wanted to narrow me down between two different locations. Nothing. Now, the most recent recruiter won't reply to my email. Horrible experience.

Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

Application

The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at KeyBank (Seattle, WA).

Interview

Start with a phone interview then have a board interview. Overall pretty easy.
    Seemed more like they were in a rush to hire anyone then for them to look for qualified individuals to be honest.
    Phone interviewer did not communicate with local recruiter so things were a little weird at first.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bellevue, WA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at KeyBank (Bellevue, WA).

Interview

Was referred by a friend who had been hired. HR contact he referred me to wasn't there so I was to meet with someone who had no idea she'd be filling in. Very unprepared. Group interview was going fine until I was asked to describe a time when I turned an angry/upset customer into a happy client. I did. The individual I described was going through a divorce so was highly agitated regarding money, hence his anger at the necessary transaction I was doing (in previous job). Ultimately he was so grateful that when I met with him weeks later to close the transaction, he sang for me. One interviewer said, "...And now you're married?" which stunned me so completely that I laughed it off but said, "No, he's just a happy client." How rude and assumptive to suggest that I would engage a client on a personal level for dating or mating purposes! I suppose it says more about the interviewer than it does about me.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when you have had an angry/upset customer and turned around the situation to where the customer was happy in the end.   1 Answer

Senior Relationship Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at KeyBank (New York, NY) in April 2015.

Interview

Everything has to go thru HR first, even when recommended for a position. Directors and senior district managers have the final say in choosing the candidates. It seems like their preference is to promote from within and not offer top pay for more senior positions. The bank environment seemed very competitive and controlling in how the actual tasks are performed. Easy questions and interview conversational.

Interview Questions

• Why do you think this bank is a good fit to your skills?   Answer Question

Interview

Internal hire, applied online, was contacted, had an interview with hiring manager, then fallow up interview with hiring manager and there supervisor. was contacted about a week later for the recruiter by phone and was not allowed to negotiate my wage so I accepted the job.

Negotiation

External hiring process, no negotiation allowed

Anonymous Employee in Portland, ME

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at KeyBank (Portland, ME) in September 2014.

Interview

Interviewed with Branch Manager first then met with another Branch Manager and Area Retail Leader. Interview Process was comfortable and familiar. The company in which background checks and hiring process was outsourced to was frustrating and non communicative.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about yourself. Tell me about a time when you had a handle an unhappy customer. Tell me about a time you were presented with a challenge. How do you manager several tasks with varying levels or urgency?   Answer Question

Relationship Manager Interview

Interview

Very elementary questions asked during my interview. First step through their hr group which basically describes the position, asked about my salary requirements. Second interview was basically the same except for more basic questions.

Relationship Manager Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Portland, OR

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at KeyBank (Portland, OR).

Interview

1 hour lunch, followed by three 30 minute interviews, and a 1 hour Q&A session

Interview Questions

• Have you visited a Key Bank before?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Portland, OR

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at KeyBank (Portland, OR) in March 2014.

Interview

There was a phone interview and then you get interviewed by corporate leaders. Asked behavioral questions like:
    How did you handle a difficult customer and what was the outcome?
    How did you handle a disagreement or confrontation and what was the outcome?

I had an 1:1 interview on campus that went well and was called a few days later to be invited to interview in the final round in Portland, OR.