KeyBank Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Aug 20, 2017

2.8

Financial Advisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cleveland, OH

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at KeyBank (Cleveland, OH) in March 2017.

Interview

Standard BS. They don't get very creative with their questions, but do want to know who you are, where you want to go, etc...

Be prepared to answer/discuss fundamental financial questions

Interview Questions

• What sets you apart from your competition for this position?   Answer Question

Licensed Relationship Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Rochester, NY

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at KeyBank (Rochester, NY) in February 2017.

Interview

Quick phone interview with recruiter, interview with staff from your branch then interview with senior management and financial advisor. They follow up very quickly. I found the interviews very comfortable.

Interview Questions

• What would you say your greatest weakness is   1 Answer

Personal Banker Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Penn, PA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at KeyBank (Penn, PA) in February 2017.

Interview

I spoke with the recruiter who was very nice a mm d professional. I received a call from the Area Manager to meet, the interview process was more of an attack then what I had to offer key Bank. While I understand that the sales culture is important in banking not every branch is going to hit their goals every year this does not mean the branch is unsuccessful or unproductive. I have had many very successful years but the interviewer was not interested.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about your responsibilities as a branch manager.   Answer Question

Contact Center Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Brooklyn, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at KeyBank (Brooklyn, OH) in January 2017.

Interview

Four people were to interview at 5pm. You must bring an ID to enter the building. We all were escorted into a room by the hiring manager, there were 4 different tables set up (one for each of us). Each applicant was interviewed by 2 people (one of which was a manager and the other a peer) who switched up asking and answering the questions.

Online Banking Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in North Royalton, OH

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at KeyBank (North Royalton, OH) in January 2017.

Interview

I didn't apply, but a recruiter contacted me via email since I was in their talent network and my skills matched the job. After they called, I applied and soon after I had to complete a virtual tryout in which I went through a simulation of what I would be doing on the job. After I passed that, a couple weeks later the recruiter called to set up phone interview. Basic questions were asked. Then another recruiter contacted me to set up an interview. Went in and spoke with 2 individuals. Job offer came the next day.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Nonnegotiable

IT Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cleveland, OH

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at KeyBank (Cleveland, OH) in January 2017.

Interview

I was solicited by recruiters for Key Bank via Linkedin and via direct email multiple times over the past year. The eventually solicited me with an opening for an IT Engineer position that was partial telecommute, which is perfect for me.

I spoke with two different recruiters via email and then spoke with another on the phone. The process went well and they all agreed that I had a great skillset that would fit the position that they had open. They advised that they were going to get me an interview with the hiring manager asap and get back to me with a schedule for that.

Then a few weeks went by with nothing from Key Bank. I followed up and was told via email that "You're still in the running, that's all we know". Then over a month went by hearing nothing back from them.

Overall, poor experience. They clearly have communication issues or other internal issues and are very disorganized. At this point, they have made it clear that they are ok with just ignoring people. Would not accept a job offer if one was made after this experience.

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Cleveland, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at KeyBank (Cleveland, OH) in January 2017.

Interview

The entire process took about 3 months. I applied to Key online, was called about a month and a half later for an initial phone screening with a recruiter, then another with a manager, and last, had an in person interview with 3 Key employees. I was mostly asked about my background and experience with technology.

Interview Questions

• Why did you decide to become a programmer?   Answer Question
    • What languages do you know? How do you go about learning new languages?   Answer Question

Call Center Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Brooklyn, OH

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at KeyBank (Brooklyn, OH) in January 2017.

Interview

Basic, what would you do if you had a difficult customer, name a time when you went out of your way etc. 1st interview is over the phone, basic questions, why do you want the job, and them just trying to figure out the type of person you are and how you would respond to certain situations.

Interview Questions

• name a time when you went out of your way to help a customer   1 Answer

Collections Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at KeyBank (New York, NY).

Interview

it was very interesting process to go through. has interview with 3 or more people in the same department. I ended up with the job so I guess it went great

Capital Markets Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cleveland, OH

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at KeyBank (Cleveland, OH) in December 2016.

Interview

Process was fair and well organized. Was invited to a Superday which consisted of 3 interviews - one behavioral, one technical, and one case study. Interviewers were not harsh, but super kind and engaging. Behavioral felt more like a conversation, which is good indication of the work environment.

Interview Questions

• If I had to choose to give a loan to company A or company B, competitors in the same market, how would I go about choosing which one?   Answer Question