KeyBank Relationship Manager Interview Questions | Glassdoor

KeyBank Relationship Manager Interview Questions

3.2

14 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Employee in Portland, ME

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at KeyBank (Portland, ME) in September 2014.

Interview

Interviewed with Branch Manager first then met with another Branch Manager and Area Retail Leader. Interview Process was comfortable and familiar. The company in which background checks and hiring process was outsourced to was frustrating and non communicative.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about yourself. Tell me about a time when you had a handle an unhappy customer. Tell me about a time you were presented with a challenge. How do you manager several tasks with varying levels or urgency?   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for KeyBank

Relationship Manager Interview

Interview

Very elementary questions asked during my interview. First step through their hr group which basically describes the position, asked about my salary requirements. Second interview was basically the same except for more basic questions.

Anonymous Employee in Portland, OR

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at KeyBank (Portland, OR) in March 2014.

Interview

There was a phone interview and then you get interviewed by corporate leaders. Asked behavioral questions like:
    How did you handle a difficult customer and what was the outcome?
    How did you handle a disagreement or confrontation and what was the outcome?

I had an 1:1 interview on campus that went well and was called a few days later to be invited to interview in the final round in Portland, OR.

Anonymous Employee in Cleveland, OH

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at KeyBank (Cleveland, OH) in July 2013.

Interview

My initial interview was conducted over the phone by a Human Resources rep, then I was contacted within a week and another interview was set up with the Area Retail Leader. Approximately 24hrs later another interview was scheduled with the Branch Manager for the following week. The process has changed since then. It seems as though the Branch Manager has been taken out of the loop during the process.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bellevue, WA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at KeyBank (Bellevue, WA) in November 2012.

Interview

I was invited to a panel interview with 20 other applicants. The panel consisted of 5 KeyBank employees. 3 District Managers, 1 HR, and 1 Regional Manager. Corporate meeting room and very well organized and professional. I was impressed with their structure and professionalism. We all found our assigned seats and small talked amongst overselves (applicants). Suit and Tie necessary! KeyBank interviewers entered room and gave a detailed explanation of the interview process. They would go around the room and ask a behavioral question.... Tell me about a time when.... and often ask for clarity or further details.
    Each applicant was asked 2 questions.
    Then they would call names of applicants to meet in a side room. I didn't perform well and I knew it. They asked me how I thought I did and I was honest and said I didn't feel great about my performance. This was my first panel interview and behavioral interview process, ever.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about your time management and follow up process and give an example?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Phoneton, OH

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at KeyBank (Phoneton, OH) in January 2012.

Interview

Metrics sales experience explained, asked about goals in ratio, closing accounts and relationship building experience. Hunter mentality. Farmer technique in building and extending communication and loyalty branding. Social media extension marketing the brand. Client services and coordination of office functions.

Interview Questions

• How many relationships closed weekly, calls made in relation to in person. Investment technique and goals per challenge. Investment and up selling metrics. Call volume per day.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Waterville, ME

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at KeyBank (Waterville, ME) in November 2011.

Interview

Phone screen, branch manager interview, Area Retail Leader interview. Ended up being offered a Branch Manager position rather than the RM position so I then also met with the Regional Retail Leader and District President. Very role-play oriented and looking for specific examples of key traits. Had to travel a bit to meet everyone involved over a couple of weeks.

Interview Questions

• Give me a specific example of how you approached and exceeded past sales goals. Role play this scenario with me... I'm coming in to make a deposit of $50,000 what would you say to me?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Fairbanks, AK

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at KeyBank (Fairbanks, AK) in June 2011.

Interview

Interviewed with Retail VP and two local branch managers. Everyone was very nice and personable. The VP would throw some unique questions that I hadn't heard before, so be prepared in that regard. I got the strong sense they genuinely care about what they do and want to hire people that fit their mold. Overall, great experience.

Anonymous Employee in Boise, ID

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at KeyBank (Boise, ID) in February 2011.

Interview

There is an online test that you need to take before hand. This is really important so they know what kind of employee you are going to be.

Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

Application

The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at KeyBank (Seattle, WA) in October 2009.

Interview

Had a phone interview with the local recruiter. After that I met with the branch manager. She quickly advanced me to meet with the Area Manager. After this I was called back a few days later and offered a job. Be prepared to sell an item, sell yourself, and prove that you can profile clients.

Interview Questions

• Please choose and item and sell it to me to the best of your abilities.   Answer Question