KeyBank Teller Interview Questions | Glassdoor

KeyBank Teller Interview Questions

Updated Dec 1, 2016

2.3

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at KeyBank (New York, NY) in August 2016.

Interview

I applied online for the position. I got a call about a week later to do a phone interview. It went well, the lady thought I did great and that she would push my application through. A week later she emailed me saying she lost all of the questions I answered (she was typing during the phone interview) and she asked me to email her back my responses. I didn't mind, I understand technology has its flaws. Over a month later, they sent me an email stating they hired someone else. By this time I had already landed a job. I can tell by this experience that this bank is very unorganized. The whole process from when I applied and from when I received a response took two months.

Interview Questions

• What's your ideal salary? Tell me of a time you had to provide exceptional customer service? Tell me of a time you couldn't solve an issue? Are you comfortable with reaching individual sales goals?   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for KeyBank

Anonymous Employee in Quincy, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at KeyBank (Quincy, WA).

Interview

Hiring process kind of leaves you in the dark and you're left wondering what to do next. The interview was fairly easy and the women whom I talked to were fairly nice.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Salem, OR

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at KeyBank (Salem, OR) in November 2015.

Interview

First interview was via phone, second interview at branch with managers. Management was nice and thorough, young which shows possibility of career growth. Overall positive experience. Key bank promotes a more customer driven environment around building relationships.

Teller Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at KeyBank.

Interview

I filled out an application online, took their virtual job tryout, and heard back from a recruiter 2 days later, but I was at work and unable to take the call. I called back and told her what times I would be available the next day, but I guess she didn't listen because she called me back when I told her I was unavailable. Anyway after a week of phone tag I had a phone interview and did well enough to have my info passed on to the branch itself. I had an interview, which I thought went well, and was told I would "definitely hear back from them". Its been three weeks with nothing. I expected a bank to at least be professional enough to let me know they had moved on with other candidates. Then I got an email letting me know they received my application for a branch in a nearby location (that I never applied for), so I guess I was just thrown back into their talent pool, though it would have been nice to hear that from the company itself.

Interview Questions

• They were very interested in my sales experience and how exactly my sales goals worked. They also asked about my money handling skills, how much I'm comfortable handling, and if I was comfortable recommending other services to clients. Overall it was a pretty easy interview and nothing threw me for a loop.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in South Bend, IN

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at KeyBank (South Bend, IN) in June 2015.

Interview

Easy quick process the whole interview process from application to interview to offer took about 3 weeks initial phone screening then I met with the branch manager that interview was very informal did not ask the typical interview questions just a get to know you type of thing then I was passed on to the areaamger which was very formal and by the book.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time where u worked with a disgruntled teamemever and how did you overcome that?   Answer Question

Teller Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at KeyBank.

Interview

In total it took almost 8 weeks from online application to start date (2 of which were to give my notice at my current job, I also had three interviews, fingerprinting, etc.)

Interview Questions

• I see you don't have prior banking experience. How does your prior work experience qualify you for the job?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Canby, OR

Application

I applied online. The process took 6+ weeks. I interviewed at KeyBank (Canby, OR) in November 2014.

Interview

The interview process consists of entering an application online. After a couple weeks I received a phone call asking me a couple questions then they told me about an interview had my interview which was fairly easy.

Interview Questions

• Why did you decide to work for a company like keybank?   Answer Question

Negotiation

Since it was my first time I playing at the Tower I did no negotiation. Also I was able to move up to a different position really quickly within 3 months.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Suffern, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at KeyBank (Suffern, NY) in October 2014.

Interview

Interview was quite good and asked very general questions. First i got call for the phone interview and told me that she will send me an email regarding the confirmation of the interview (but didn't received any email), then set an one on one interview in the branch with the manager.
    Night before interview received call from the manager that he wanted to reschedule the interview and will call me next day but didn't received call. after two days got call for the new time for the interview. they need experienced person, didn't have any experience from USA at that time, i have international banking experience
    It was about an hour long interview,

1.Are you comfortable recommending financial services to clients?
    2.This location is very slow, how would you bring more business to this location?
    3.Describe your abilities with a computer on a scale of 1-10?
    4.Talk about any leadership experience you've had?
    5.How would you handle a coworker not doing her job?
    6.Tell me about a time you were faced with an unhappy customer. How did you handle it?
    7.Tell me a time when you went above and beyond for the customer?
    8.cold calling?

Interview Questions

• Location is very slow how you bring business other than customer service?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at KeyBank (Seattle, WA) in June 2014.

Interview

3 interviews to get this position, relatively simple, just look a customer service experience. First one is phone interview, then group interview and final one is in branch interview with a branch manager. All the interviews are simple and asking for same questions over and over again in all of those interviews.

Anonymous Employee in South Bend, IN

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at KeyBank (South Bend, IN) in May 2014.

Interview

I was asked three to four times how well did I handled stress. My interview was pretty much a discussion about what I have done in the past (previous banking experience) and how familiar was I with selling. The job has selling goals that are expected to be met to be considered an employee doing satisfactory work.

Interview Questions

• How well do you handle stress?   1 Answer