KeyBank Teller Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Sep 17, 2017

2.3

30 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Employee in Denver, CO

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at KeyBank (Denver, CO) in November 2013.

Interview

First you apply online
After their computers weed you out, they send you a "skills test"
After their second round of computers weed you out, you get real contact from the HR department
You have a phone interview
You set up a sit down interview with the branch manager and the Area Region Leader
Now they know they want you.
They set up a drug test and full background check
You pass and they send you an offer letter with a start date and rate of pay and benifits
The rate of pay isn't what you discussed in the sit down.
You play with HR for a day or two getting them to write an offer letter with the correct pay.

Interview Questions

• How comfortable are you talking with people?   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for KeyBank

Teller Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at KeyBank in September 2016.

Interview

Started as a phone interview and went to an in person interview. Fairly short and easy, basic questions about school, previous jobs, etc. Got a call a few days later saying I got the job, had to do a drug test and background check.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at KeyBank (New York, NY) in August 2016.

Interview

I applied online for the position. I got a call about a week later to do a phone interview. It went well, the lady thought I did great and that she would push my application through. A week later she emailed me saying she lost all of the questions I answered (she was typing during the phone interview) and she asked me to email her back my responses. I didn't mind, I understand technology has its flaws. Over a month later, they sent me an email stating they hired someone else. By this time I had already landed a job. I can tell by this experience that this bank is very unorganized. The whole process from when I applied and from when I received a response took two months.

Interview Questions

• What's your ideal salary? Tell me of a time you had to provide exceptional customer service? Tell me of a time you couldn't solve an issue? Are you comfortable with reaching individual sales goals?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Barre, VT

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ weeks. I interviewed at KeyBank (Barre, VT) in September 2011.

Interview

The interview process was preceded by a test, some multiple choice, some long answer, some research (felt a bit like high school). While it was not difficult for me, I found it was a bit extreme for an entry level, minimum wage job, and could see how others might find it ominous.

Interview Questions

• What is one thing your previous co workers would say about you?   1 Answer

Teller Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at KeyBank.

Interview

I filled out an application online, took their virtual job tryout, and heard back from a recruiter 2 days later, but I was at work and unable to take the call. I called back and told her what times I would be available the next day, but I guess she didn't listen because she called me back when I told her I was unavailable. Anyway after a week of phone tag I had a phone interview and did well enough to have my info passed on to the branch itself. I had an interview, which I thought went well, and was told I would "definitely hear back from them". Its been three weeks with nothing. I expected a bank to at least be professional enough to let me know they had moved on with other candidates. Then I got an email letting me know they received my application for a branch in a nearby location (that I never applied for), so I guess I was just thrown back into their talent pool, though it would have been nice to hear that from the company itself.

Interview Questions

• They were very interested in my sales experience and how exactly my sales goals worked. They also asked about my money handling skills, how much I'm comfortable handling, and if I was comfortable recommending other services to clients. Overall it was a pretty easy interview and nothing threw me for a loop.   Answer Question

Teller Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at KeyBank.

Interview

In total it took almost 8 weeks from online application to start date (2 of which were to give my notice at my current job, I also had three interviews, fingerprinting, etc.)

Interview Questions

• I see you don't have prior banking experience. How does your prior work experience qualify you for the job?   1 Answer

Teller Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at KeyBank in April 2014.

Interview

The HR people are very bad at getting back to you if you get the job or not. It took a month before I even heard that I had an interview. You first do an over the phone interview with HR then if they think you're a good fit they will set you up for a 2nd interview. After both of the interviews they make you take a drug test, they want W2's from old jobs verifiyng that you actually worked at those places they also run extensive back ground checks and fingerprinting.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Pretty easy, start high for pay

Anonymous Employee in Canby, OR

Application

I applied online. The process took 6+ weeks. I interviewed at KeyBank (Canby, OR) in November 2014.

Interview

The interview process consists of entering an application online. After a couple weeks I received a phone call asking me a couple questions then they told me about an interview had my interview which was fairly easy.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Since it was my first time I playing at the Tower I did no negotiation. Also I was able to move up to a different position really quickly within 3 months.

Anonymous Employee in Boulder, CO

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at KeyBank (Boulder, CO).

Interview

Word of advice: paste your resume up everywhere you can. And be prepared for a lengthy interview process, took nearly a month all together.

I was contacted by an extremely pleasant recruiter via email asking me if I were interested in applying for a position. We scheduled a short phone interview. I then was asked to fill out the online application where there was a Virtual Tryout. You basically get tested on how you perform as a teller. There's multiple choice and some short answer questions. I scored high enough to get a an in-person interview with the head teller and branch manager. Lots of typical questions and situational explanations from past jobs.

After that, I was contacted by HR to authorize a background check, and schedule a drug test/fingerprinting. Be advised, you may have to travel outside your town to find a local clinic that KeyBank works with. After my drug test was cleared HR asked me to send some proof of employment for two jobs they had a hard time contacting (it was winter break, so the university was closed).

Finally I got a letter in the mail as well as a congratulatory email from everyone involved in the process saying they were excited to have me. Everyone at the Boulder branch is extremely nice and helped this otherwise cumbersome process go pretty smoothly.

Interview Questions

• Nothing too out of the ordinary in the face-to-face interview, but the short answer questions in the Virtual Tryout threw me off and they're timed.   Answer Question

Negotiation

I had the HR lady contact me over the phone and I asked her during the second phone interview if the dollar amount was reasonable. I did lots of research ahead of time, so they saw me as being reasonable and gave me my requested salary.

Anonymous Employee in Buffalo, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at KeyBank (Buffalo, NY) in May 2012.

Interview

First skill test, then phone interview, then in person interview with 2 managers, then drug test.

Interview Questions

• Describe your abilities with a computer on a scale of 1-10.   Answer Question